Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

If we're getting a new colour astronaut, why not go all out and do it in sand red, so they brick it back? Would love to get that kind of colour back into the palette.

34 minutes ago, Space78 said:

I tend to agree that purple is unlikely to be on the list.  Medium lavender might be a nice compromise, but maybe that's too close to pink?  For me, the Lego colors are getting a bit out of hand with all the shades, so if those end up being the choices it doesn't really matter much to me what we get.  So, in that vein, maybe gray is the best choice, since it is a "classic" space color and has not "officially" been done as a complete astronaut.

But now realistically, I've been pondering whether they are best to make a colour more closely associated with classic space. Should it be dark grey or earth blue. But I would rather like lavender too. And I really like the azures, but I don't know if that will clash with the standard blue and the CS logo print.

Not really a new color but I would like a "dirty" or damage suit, to bring some pirates, renegades or lost explorers into Classic Space. But maybe that's too much out of the way

3 hours ago, MonkeyJay said:

Not really a new color but I would like a "dirty" or damage suit, to bring some pirates, renegades or lost explorers into Classic Space. But maybe that's too much out of the way

I’m pretty sure Space AFOL would be picky on “dirty” or damaged suits when it comes to Classic Spaceman. A non-Classic Space astronaut minifigure would be great. 

4 hours ago, MonkeyJay said:

Benny has a damaged logo design and cracked helmet, so this is already covered. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Right, and as much as I like Benny's character in the movies, I don't have any CS minifigs in that bad of shape, so I feel like they kind of over-did it for his character.  I have a number of CS minifig torsos where the gold is mostly or all gone, but none where the white or red have rubbed off.  Also have cracked helmets, but none where the two parts are mis-aligned at the crack.  I think Benny's owner abused him!

Well, I remembered having broken and misaligned helmet. I was young.

But I was not thinking of a worn out minifig, but someone who crashed on a planet, or with a robot arm, something part of the theme and not a real world damaged one.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MonkeyJay said:

Well, I remembered having broken and misaligned helmet. I was young.

But I was not thinking of a worn out minifig, but someone who crashed on a planet, or with a robot arm, something part of the theme and not a real world damaged one.

I think this is a good enough idea that it deserves its own set, like maybe one where the new city space characters find an old wreckage where a cs astronaut has been surviving out there for a long time, that would be so cool!                                        Also, about the new color, what do you folks think about metallic silver? It'd contrast with the logo printing perfectly and I feel that color appropriately evokes the retro futurist vibe of Classic Space.

Edited by Space Coyote

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not having seen the movie at the time I acquired that figure I thought the cracked helmet was a manufacturing defect & was about to request a replacement helmet from LEGO.  Felt like an idiot when I realized it was supposed to be that way.

2 hours ago, MonkeyJay said:

Ah, so something more like the Blacktron II Mutant? 

4 hours ago, Space Coyote said:

I think this is a good enough idea that it deserves its own set, like maybe one where the new city space characters find an old wreckage where a cs astronaut has been surviving out there for a long time, that would be so cool!                                        Also, about the new color, what do you folks think about metallic silver? It'd contrast with the logo printing perfectly and I feel that color appropriately evokes the retro futurist vibe of Classic Space.

That's inspiring idea!

Silver could be nice, but it would be the first metallic color?

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ah, so something more like the Blacktron II Mutant? 

That's a cool and creepy possibility. It could bring a twist inside CS :-)

Whatever colours they do, I hope it is what the motorbike helmet exists in... since every single one of my Classic minifigs had his helmet replaced by those. First out of necessity, then later for consistency. (Except the brown ones with obvious annoying reason. :angry: )

2446.png

Also, most of the reissues used this helmet until after The Lego Movie inspired the old clunky one's comeback.

4 hours ago, eric_son_of_joseph said:

I'd like to see a Light Royal Blue Classic Spaceman.  The torso and legs are available in 40516 Everyone Is Awesome.

I was thinking that as well—it's been popular to replace the monochrome figs in the Everyone is Awesome set with Classic Space figures, and Light Royal Blue is the only one of those colors that still fully needs to be substituted with something else to make it work.

10 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Whatever colours they do, I hope it is what the motorbike helmet exists in... since every single one of my Classic minifigs had his helmet replaced by those. First out of necessity, then later for consistency. (Except the brown ones with obvious annoying reason. :angry: )

Also, most of the reissues used this helmet until after The Lego Movie inspired the old clunky one's comeback.

I'm still waiting for a pink, purple, and orange helmet of the type you showed.
And a reissue of the yellow one wouldn't hurt either.

Purple & orange are out there, but relatively expensive. For dark pink, I have used magenta.