Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

2 minutes ago, jonwil said:

We are getting a City space launch centre. Not a proper Space base like the Message Intercept Base, Alpha Centauri Outpost, Ice Station Odyssey, Beta I Command Base, Space Lock-Up Isolation Base etc. Big difference.

That and the Modular Space Station yes. And well, you dropped in with your space base comment in the middle of a conversation about the City space, so it sounded kinda related then ;).

Anyways, We might get a proper space base sooner or later. Likely we won´t for next year, but I wouldn´t take the chances that low, that we could become one 2025. Unless they decide to just do ships, but IMO a Classic Space Station doesn´t seem that unlikely to me. Hopefully with other Classic. Spacemen.

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

We are getting a City space launch centre. Not a proper Space base like the Message Intercept Base, Alpha Centauri Outpost, Ice Station Odyssey, Beta I Command Base, Space Lock-Up Isolation Base etc. Big difference.

How you can be so sure ? We just got one last year and the forthcoming sets look like to get emphasis on "classic space" with the inclusion of aliens.

On 10/18/2023 at 11:54 AM, Black Falcon said:

Well we will be getting that already:

Also a $90 set (not sure what it is yet) and a hoverbike polybag. 

16 hours ago, jonwil said:

While 60434 is probably going to be an Earth-based set, there is a chance that it could turn out to be a moonbase of some kind; considering the mech, “interstellar” spaceship, and aliens, I can see the base being more sci-fi than past sets have been. 

16 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Anyways, We might get a proper space base sooner or later. Likely we won´t for next year, but I wouldn´t take the chances that low, that we could become one 2025. Unless they decide to just do ships, but IMO a Classic Space Station doesn´t seem that unlikely to me. Hopefully with other Classic. Spacemen.

Maybe something like the upcoming Medieval Town Square; that is, based on classic sets, but not a direct recreation? 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe something like the upcoming Medieval Town Square; that is, based on classic sets, but not a direct recreation? 

Something like that would be good, since honestly, the classic space stations weren´t that good IMO compared to the ones from later themes. However I would love to see an reimagination, that is not to close to the original of 6971 Inter-Galactic Command Base. That set kinda has everything we could wish for: A station, a rocket, one ground vehicle and a little spaceship. All of that updated would be great. And the best part: We would get three other Classic Spacemen ;)

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Not a retail set that'll be available to most people, but this year's set for Lego's annual design seminar is pretty cute: https://fxtwitter.com/justinramsden/status/1717905071881499043

Wow, that is adorable. Notable there's a non-Benny blue purple? spaceman, and what look like trans-neon green antenna whips.

Edited by danth
Correction thanks to jodawill

6 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Omg, I love the Keko cameo here! Even if I prefer his original build with the backwards 1x2 plate for his face.

Sorry, probably showing my ignorance here but where does keko come from? I've never heard of him before but he looks adorable 

4 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Sorry, probably showing my ignorance here but where does keko come from? I've never heard of him before but he looks adorable 

He's from the Jim Spaceborn comics, and plays a prominent role in the first one, The Undiscovered Galaxy! He's built studs-down with 1x2 tiles for feet, stacks of 1x1 round plates for legs, and 1x2 three-finger hinge plates for arms. A bit larger than most Classic Space droids from official sets, but still a very charming design!

25 minutes ago, danth said:

Wow, that is adorable. Notable there's a non-Benny blue spaceman, and what look like trans-neon green antenna whips.

I think the minifigure is purple, not blue. Still, it's never been available in this form.

19 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I think the minifigure is purple, not blue. Still, it's never been available in this form.

Ohh, it does say purple on the packaging! But he looks so blue in the picture.

48 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

He's from the Jim Spaceborn comics, and plays a prominent role in the first one, The Undiscovered Galaxy! He's built studs-down with 1x2 tiles for feet, stacks of 1x1 round plates for legs, and 1x2 three-finger hinge plates for arms. A bit larger than most Classic Space droids from official sets, but still a very charming design!

Oh right, of course. It is very charming, fun to see them reference some old LEGO media

That is adorable!! Fortunately, the only exclusive element seems to be the ‘DS23’ sticker on the front, so it should be fairly easy to reverse engineer. One interesting thing is the purple Spaceman, since the torso has not been in production since CMF Series 22 in 2022! I wonder if that means that we are getting him somewhere else, or just that LEGO printed the CS logo onto a purple torso again as a designer exclusive. 🤔
Something else is that we got confirmation of Engineer and Mech-Operator divisions via the description (Pilots (red) and Scientists (yellow) already existed); with pink, green, orange, and brown undefined, which ones do we think are the newly-revealed divisions? My guess is that green would be Mech-Operators (for obvious reasons), but I am not sure about Engineers (I use brown for Engineers, but I am curious as to the official word). 

On 10/27/2023 at 1:02 PM, danth said:

Ohh, it does say purple on the packaging! But he looks so blue in the picture.

I think that the entire structure is purple - Note the difference in colour between the main build and the droid on the right side of the packaging. 

BTW, has anyone posted pictures of their set built? 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

That is adorable!! Fortunately, the only exclusive element seems to be the ‘DS23’ sticker on the front, so it should be fairly easy to reverse engineer. One interesting thing is the purple Spaceman, since the torso has not been in production since CMF Series 22 in 2022! I wonder if that means that we are getting him somewhere else, or just that LEGO printed the CS logo onto a purple torso again as a designer exclusive. 🤔

Honestly, my first thought was whether that would be possible too - but realistically, even if we would get an other classic space set next year, it would be other classic spacemen and not a newer one. The best chance to get the purple spacemen would maybe be some book like the orange one was included in. Then however, the question would remain if they wouldn´t rather make a new colour for that. 

1 minute ago, Black Falcon said:

Honestly, my first thought was whether that would be possible too - but realistically, even if we would get an other classic space set next year, it would be other classic spacemen and not a newer one. The best chance to get the purple spacemen would maybe be some book like the orange one was included in. Then however, the question would remain if they wouldn´t rather make a new colour for that. 

Maybe something in the Space CMF series, or possibly the natural history museum Modular? I can see the reused colour as part of a costume CMF or “space fan” Modular minifig. 

46 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe something in the Space CMF series, or possibly the natural history museum Modular? I can see the reused colour as part of a costume CMF or “space fan” Modular minifig. 

Well first we will have to see what the Space CMF even is. I am still not certain that it will be what the rumours said, but if it turns out to be true, I would guess we will see some reimagined Spacemen, and maybe also some completely new spacemen and aliens. However for classic spacemen I would say it will be same as I mentioned above - we would rather see either old colours that actually were in the sets, or new colours.

My initial thought was also that it may point towards a purple spaceman in an upcoming set. But then I figured it could very easily be either a small batch run (possibly using the custom printing machines), or even just leftover parts from the CMF.

7 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

My initial thought was also that it may point towards a purple spaceman in an upcoming set. But then I figured it could very easily be either a small batch run (possibly using the custom printing machines), or even just leftover parts from the CMF.

There isn´t even much work to be done there. I mean, the red and white one are/were still in production so they basically have to just put an purple torso in there instead of those two, and you got the purple one (or any other colour really)

22 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well first we will have to see what the Space CMF even is. I am still not certain that it will be what the rumours said

@Brick Clicker has stated that “Space” is not a codename, and that due to the format of the listing, it is not a licensed series either. 

23 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe something in the Space CMF series, or possibly the natural history museum Modular? I can see the reused colour as part of a costume CMF or “space fan” Modular minifig

Welp. 🫤

59 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@Brick Clicker has stated that “Space” is not a codename, and that due to the format of the listing, it is not a licensed series either. 

Well we will see. But even then we still have to wait what we are really getting inside there. And I am hoping for a castle series in 2025 then ;)

6 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well we will see. But even then we still have to wait what we are really getting inside there. 

The Series 25 leaflet has leaked, and notably the series does not contain any sci-fi Minifigs; this lends more credence to the series after being Space, since there is usually at least one such Minifig per normal series. 

On 10/29/2023 at 6:29 PM, Black Falcon said:

Well we will see. But even then we still have to wait what we are really getting inside there. And I am hoping for a castle series in 2025 then ;)

You can be skeptical but Classic_Spaceman  mak sees a good point that there are NO sci-fi minifigures, like…no robot, no spaceman, no alien, nothing else. I jus tree City, Castle, Fantas, plus, BrickClicker is reliable. 

I’m really excited about CMF Space Series! I’m not really into licensed CMF series.