Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR - FB] Research Building, Black Rock

Education: Large

50566819118_05e27055e4_b.jpgEducation Research Building1 by Philippe, auf Flickr

A research building was built so that the population can grow and the colony can develop.

50566819113_631351f02d_b.jpgEducation Research Building2_2 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Research is carried out primarily in the areas of weapons technology and shipbuilding.

50567570001_cde92f019f_b.jpgEducation Research Building2 by Philippe, auf Flickr

50568425198_a1dc2f78aa_b.jpgSwivel gun by Philippe, auf Flickr

A swivel gun is developed in the weapons department.

Swivel gun:

LEGO Black Plate 1 x 1 Round with Handle 6157554

LEGO Black Tile 1 x 1 with Clip 6066102

LEGO Black Pin with Ball 662826

LEGO Black Round Pin Joiner without Slot 591294

LEGO Black Brick 1 x 1 Round with Open Stud 306226

LEGO Black Plate 1 x 1 Round 614126

This is in use on the Paraiso, a class 6 ship that is not yet licensed:

Edited by NOD
Additional photo with explanation.

That's a very nice building. The colors work well together with the blue providing nice accents without being overpowering. Your solution for the railings along the deck is very unique, and I like the creativity. The tiles are great, too. Not sure if those are actual Lego parts or if it is some sort of custom digital thing, but I like them.

One suggestion is to add something to clearly define the building as a research hub. Perhaps engineers working on a cannon or chemists experimenting with gunpowder could help clearly define this as an education build. 

That's a fantastic build! Have you considered replacing the green pieces with gray ones?

The blue is pretty unique, that with the fancy floor gives the building an ornate look!  Maybe a fancier roof would have been more in keeping with that look, but it's still eye catching!

also dig the blue. But, my favorite part is realizing that the pillars don't go all the way up to flush because you have accounted for the pillars holding up wooden beams to support the second floor. 

11 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

That's a very nice building. The colors work well together with the blue providing nice accents without being overpowering. Your solution for the railings along the deck is very unique, and I like the creativity. The tiles are great, too. Not sure if those are actual Lego parts or if it is some sort of custom digital thing, but I like them.

One suggestion is to add something to clearly define the building as a research hub. Perhaps engineers working on a cannon or chemists experimenting with gunpowder could help clearly define this as an education build. 

Thanks for the compliments and tips.

In the meantime, I've built an interior view with a swivel gun.

11 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

That's a fantastic build! Have you considered replacing the green pieces with gray ones?

Thank you

Replacing the green pieces with grey ones is also a good idea.

11 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The blue is pretty unique, that with the fancy floor gives the building an ornate look!  Maybe a fancier roof would have been more in keeping with that look, but it's still eye catching!

Thank you

Next time I'll try to build another roof.

10 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

also dig the blue. But, my favorite part is realizing that the pillars don't go all the way up to flush because you have accounted for the pillars holding up wooden beams to support the second floor. 

Thank you

I thought blue was a nice change.

Nice build NOD, and I love the look of the outside of the building.  I really like the circle tiles as well, and I assume they're custom (If not, link please? :pir-grin:)  The build is quite clean, and the light blue is an excellent touch. It could use some more touches for an interior, but not every build needs them, and it looks quite good on it's own. Great Job!

This one is really impressive, despite too cute, too smart and too magnificent for a cesspit like Black Rock.

I think that the only settlements to deserve such a build aren't Sea Rats. This kind of awesome build fit for a capital city or a grand city with a knack for culture, showing off and civilization ( i-e : exit Mesabi Landing :pir_tong2: ).

Nice build and original color scheme! I like the roof technique a lot, very nice and effective, even if likely it would be very difficult (or, better, expensive) to build in real bricks! As others said, possibly it is a little too big for Black Rock, but surely a wonderful build!