I voted. The question is, do you plan to stay "clean" like with Charger or modified parts will be allowed?

3 minutes ago, keymaker said:

I voted. The question is, do you plan to stay "clean" like with Charger or modified parts will be allowed?

Depends. We'll decide in the stream.

Indeed this looks like a great project.  However, I am afraid this might do to the black seat/panel parts that Sheepo's Mustang did to red connectors #3...

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Indeed this looks like a great project.  However, I am afraid this might do to the black seat/panel parts that Sheepo's Mustang did to red connectors #3...

They’re still being used in sets, so should not be an issue :wink: 

16 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

My face when i voted for the sierra :pir-hmpf_bad:

Sierra overtook the Audi Quattro by a big margin.

28 minutes ago, nicjasno said:

Sierra overtook the Audi Quattro by a big margin.

I can get behind an xr4*4 Sierra, but isn't the base model just some other rwd car, like you've said you didn't want to do?

2 minutes ago, amorti said:

I can get behind an xr4*4 Sierra, but isn't the base model just some other rwd car, like you've said you didn't want to do?

Depends.

It is pretty close between the Ford Sierra and the Audi Urquattro. I would love to see your take on a cabover European truck @nicjasno, but it does not look like that is going to happen… :pir-look:  A Ford Sierra would still be cool. :wink:

1 hour ago, Evan-Eleven the Engineer said:

It is pretty close between the Ford Sierra and the Audi Urquattro. I would love to see your take on a cabover European truck @nicjasno, but it does not look like that is going to happen… :pir-look:  A Ford Sierra would still be cool. :wink:

A truck might happen in the future.

1 hour ago, Mechbuilds said:

Will the sierra be an 4x4 version or the RWD version? 

He's said on the stream it'd be a rwd model.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:53 PM, nicjasno said:

New poll is up btw... it's between the two finalists:

https://www.strawpoll.me/21205649/r

I voted for the Audi Urquattro just for fun:P The only way it is going to win over the Ford Sierra is if a bunch of people find the poll and vote for the Urquattro.

-removed-

Edited by Milan
Let's not go political.

Hey @nicjasno, you could also use part 43898 or this part 3960 for the wheel caps, and you can get both in silver. I was thinking that if you were just using a three-stud long axle with stop to hold the wheel pieces onto wheels, you could get an axle that has a stud on it and push it in the wheel a bit farther and maybe put a spacer inbetween the wheel and the disk piece. What do you think?

Other than that, I do not have anything else to add, I could not critique anything else:) I just thought I could help with making it look more like the real Charger. 

Edited by Evan-Eleven the Engineer

2 hours ago, keymaker said:

@nicjasno when we can expect instructions for your great Charger?

In about 2 weeks. I'm ordering some parts for it on BL tomorrow, then i can complete all parts of it in black.

7 hours ago, MinusAndy said:

If it’s a whale tail Sierra then definitely that one!

I'll do a 4 door sedan version. I think. But since it's lego, once i release the instructions for it, you can make your own variant of it :)

I’m not really an instructions guy but I’d love to see a straight up Sierra and I’ve already been inspired by your idea to add whale tail rs500 to my list of future builds. you could always build a Cossie mod kit for it when it’s done. 
I’m interested to see how you do the dash as it’s the same as the rs200.

I think a lot of these 80’s and 90’s cars can be quite hard to build as the bodywork is quite subtle and innocuous so the small amount of identifying lines and shapes need to be spot on. Looking at your charger that’s not going to be a problem for you though!

Here I can see the same problem I had with my Nissan GT-R MOC: A huge flat hood made from technic panels/liftarms just always looks not great. I solved the problem on my model by using hood vents to break up the wide open surface. Maybe something like this would look cool?

charger68-69crt-20hood-jpg.108114

Dont get me wrong, your hood looks ok as it is, its just a suggestion :wink: