Chapter 4
-Grevling Manor
-House Raising Party
-Survival
-Grevling Manor Great Hall
-Alistair's Forest Lair
-Farmer Gyles' Mill

Defend the Food!

Food is a valuable commodity during the cold months in Mitgardia. The people who live there plant and harvest while they can and then store as much as possible in warehouses like these.

Defend the Food!

And as much as the humans need food, so do the wolves. They grow bolder the longer the cold lingers. If Wyndor and his men are successful in defending themselves today, they will have fresh meat in addition to the roots and vegetables stored in the warehouse for dinner tonight. 

The building is interesting.  I like the use of the dark grey with the white behind.  The snow affect throughout the build is great I really like the way you did the snow on the roof and the rock.  The small trees look nice against the snow.  I like the warriors versus the wolves scene.  Very nice build overall 

A great build with an interesting story! You nailed the angles for the roofing. My favorite detail might be the silver hoops you use for the door handles!

Edited by socalbricks

Those are some fearsome beasts!  Beautiful tile work all around.  Are the door hinges knives?!  They look perfect!!!  Also, a detail I really like enjoy in most builds is the "out-of-box" elements that draw the eyes right to the action i.e. the snow pile pouring out of frame.  As said above the the DBG building contrasts beautifully against the LBG rock and snow background! 

That snow, on the roof and out of the frame, is absolutely marvellous! The warehouse architecture is great too - sturdy, efficient, with just the right amount of ornament for an utility building.

I absolutely love this build, very creative and a lot of detail. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:  Oh and how did you get the idea of making the snow overlap the border of the MOC? It is an excellent touch. :sweet:

Like I said on Flickr, those trees are so cool!  Rockwork as well as the snow shaping on top are really nicely done too. :thumbup:

Thank you all! Glad you like it.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:02 AM, Rockstaremcee said:

Those are some fearsome beasts!  Beautiful tile work all around.  Are the door hinges knives?!  They look perfect!!!  Also, a detail I really like enjoy in most builds is the "out-of-box" elements that draw the eyes right to the action i.e. the snow pile pouring out of frame.  As said above the the DBG building contrasts beautifully against the LBG rock and snow background! 

The hinges are indeed knives from the Historica game weapon pack.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:33 AM, CrazyKreations said:

I absolutely love this build, very creative and a lot of detail. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:  Oh and how did you get the idea of making the snow overlap the border of the MOC? It is an excellent touch. :sweet:

I've seen others have their scenery flow outside the borders of their MOC before and always thought it was a cool technique. I was building up some of my snow banks and realized they were higher than my border. Rather than build up my border I decided to let it flow over the sides. Glad you like it!

It's wonderful to see those beautiful yellow and green banners floating in the cold wind. 
And those little wolfs trying to steal some food are surely no match for a fierce group of Mitgardian warriors. 

Awesome take on the brown "foliage" in the back, too, and the depiction of the vast white plains of the land is great. 

Amazing work with those wooden doors, but the spill-out effect coming out of the frame is the cherry on top. Amazing take, fellow wanderer.

Skol!