Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Into the unknown...

Historica is filled with myths and legends. One of which, tells the story of an ancient portal hidden away in the depths of the more dense forrest in Kaliphlin (contrary to popular opinion, Kaliphlin does have a few trees here and there...). Tabib D'Odo was told this story when he was a young man travelling the land and had always been fascinated by it. It described a man who one day supposedly had stumbled across an ancient stone structure, and as he approached it, a glowing blue light started radiating from the center of it. No one really knows what happened next as the story has quite a few different endings. Some say he ran away and the portal was never again found. Some claim he entered it and was taken to a distant land filled with treasures. Others claim evil spirits came pouring out of the portal and was the reason Historica could never seem to find lasting peace...Most however simply believed that the whole thing was just a story someone made up to keep their kids from wandering to far into the wild. Whatever the case, the story lives on, and perhaps one day someone will again stumble across this mythical place...

49687919481_038e0999c7_c.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the build, as well as my little story. This build basically started with me buying way to many lightsabers and the rest pretty much grew from that. Thanks fpr looking! 

I think I commented on Flickr or somewhere on this - it's really great!  The foliage, the tree, the wall/stone, and then the effect from all the lit lightsaber blades is fantastic!  The other thing I think is nifty is that, since they've got that tiny round cross section, you could fill just about any shape space (regular or not) with this technique and have portal popping up in all sorts of fun spots.

I'd love to build and display something like that... and the parts are cheap... but it's just SO, MANY, BARS!  :laugh:

That's definitely way too many lightsaber bars. :pir-grin:

The lighting is beautiful!

Beautiful build, but now I have that song from Frozen II stuck in my head. The lighting effect is killer, and I love the tree made from whips. You've made that into a signature move of yours, and it's great. 

Those light sabre bars are ridiculous.  Well done!  Love the old feel of the portal and you knocked it out of the park on lighting.  The whole scene feels very organic.  Great job!

2 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

now I have that song from Frozen II stuck in my head.

Ha. Same.

This is a really cool scene, but now I’m  really curious to know why you bought so many lightsabers in the first place...

I totally love this, the light behind the lightsabers create a great effect, the ingots, the lion head pieces and the masonry bricks combined with the medium nougat texturing looks very natural! The foliage looks amazing too, I love the way you built that trunk. Keep up the great work! :classic: :thumbup:

Excellent build! You have proven that lightsaber bars are useful even in castle scenes, but my favorite part just might be the tree on the right. I like the lions, they give a hint of Kaliphin in a portal that you would likely associate with Avalonia!:wink: