The Black Pearl

I built this for Innovalug's Style it Up contest, where the prompt was to build something, anything, with only one color. So after contemplating many colors and subjects (spaceship, dragon, etc.) but ultimately rejecting them all, I started building a ship. Then, since my color was black, I settled on the Black Pearl of Pirates of the Caribbean fame as a reference. She's not a perfect likeness, as I did not bother with all of the gunports and other details like that, as it would have been beyond my collection at this scale, but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

49739631106_e51c1d8995_c.jpg

49744342386_774ffae16a_c.jpg

49744666307_f97572bab5_c.jpg

C & C welcome.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Looks great in the photo you've provide - very moody de-saturated photography there!

But do you have more photos?

When I follow the link to Style it Up! I get directed to a login page:

image.png

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Looks great in the photo you've provide - very moody de-saturated photography there!

But do you have more photos?

When I follow the link to Style it Up! I get directed to a login page:

It's all black, so this is actually a full color photo! No editing beyond the cropping. I do have a few more pictures, but nothing too different from what you see here, just 3/4 rear shot. 

The Style It Up contest is hosted on Discord, so you need to sign in to Discord to access it, which is totally free and easy to sign up for. 

13 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The Style It Up contest is hosted on Discord, so you need to sign in to Discord to access it, which is totally free and easy to sign up for.  

That's great, but could you please post more photos of your MOC in this topic.

13 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

That's great, but could you please post more photos of your MOC in this topic.

I added a few more, as requested. It's all I took, besides a few repeats, so I hope it satisfies! 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Excellent mini scale ship !

The photography is also perfect as it gives the reflections perfectly done enough not to recognize a Lego model at first glance.

Amazing job all around ! :thumbup:

On 4/7/2020 at 4:50 AM, Mister Phes said:

Thank you!  I have posted your MOC on the Classic Pirates Facebook Page for additional exposure.

Thanks!

On 4/7/2020 at 12:42 PM, Faladrin said:

Excellent mini scale ship !

The photography is also perfect as it gives the reflections perfectly done enough not to recognize a Lego model at first glance.

Amazing job all around ! :thumbup:

Glad you like it! I always enjoy a LEGO model that looks like something else at first glance, belying what it really is until you look closer.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, Fraunces said:

Love it man great work , especially on this scale

Thanks! I am too daunted by large scale ships, so this was the perfect size for me. 

Next level stuff, I love the shaping of the ship, Great uses of the plate clips and the 1x1 round plates with bars! :pir-love: Where are the fabric pieces from? And are there some kind of Ninjago mouthpieces above them?

Keep up the great work! :pir-huzzah2:

On 4/14/2020 at 12:10 AM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Part number of this piece?

I think it's 88293.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Part number of this piece?

On 4/15/2020 at 5:45 AM, LegoModularFan said:

I think it's 88293.

That is correct.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:45 AM, LegoModularFan said:

Next level stuff, I love the shaping of the ship, Great uses of the plate clips and the 1x1 round plates with bars! :pir-love: Where are the fabric pieces from? And are there some kind of Ninjago mouthpieces above them?

Thanks! The fabric is all capes, of various shapes. A bunch of them come from Batman, but there is on from the Highwayman and a few other cape shapes as well, whatever I had lying about. 

And yes, I used the Ninjago cowl piece for the lower crowsnests and Black Panther ear/hat things for the upper level.