Jevil

Modding the Barracuda thread

Recommended Posts

@victorycount funny and wonderful! Mr. Skeleton is my favorite. Pls ping me a private message, I still can't contact ayone. thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rainfall said:

@victorycount funny and wonderful! Mr. Skeleton is my favorite. Pls ping me a private message, I still can't contact ayone. thx

Haha, thanks, yeah I like Mr. Skeleton on the palmtree too :pir-skel:
Thank you also for the captain's cabin, very nice done, and I was glad not having to do any more of that complicated "pain in the megablocks" :pir_laugh2:
 

 

2 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

Can't wait! I may order this lol.

:thumbup: I wished we could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last part is ready!

I sent the file to @victorycount in order to incorporate it with the rest, and render the final model (judging from the renders he did the last couple of days, I suspect he has a much better PC than me).

There are some very minor differences and probably some "mistakes" compared to the original (which I'm trying to correct although they are not a priority right now), but these don't take away from the epicness of the whole structure and are barely noticeable.

Cheers! :pir-classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Drink up me hearties Yo Ho!!"* We finished it, finally! :pir-grin:  This rebuild was made by @Brickander Brickumnus, @rainfall, @Scarilian and me, thanks guys, was great workin with you. :pir-classic: Here the final product, with some bad photoshop work, but it was late in the night...
Finally founf that dog(in LDD) at least now I know that the original build was made with LDD and stud.io
49759097802_f4f917c22b_c.jpgSin título 5 by Victory Count, en Flickr

*(quote by @paokus)

Edited by victorycount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 5:15 AM, Mister Phes said:

Instead of a rudder, have a hamster wheel... only for sharks...  the sharks swim round and round in a loop which propels the ship forward.  I don't think this has be done before but I could be wrong.

So awesome, can't wait to see this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, victorycount said:

"Drink up me hearties Yo Ho!!"* We finished it, finally! :pir-grin:  This rebuild was made by @Brickander Brickumnus, @rainfall and me, thanks guys, was great workin with you. :pir-classic: Here the final product, with some bad photoshop work, but it was late in the night...
Finally founf that dog(in LDD) at least now I know that the original build was made with LDD and stud.io

This model with the new Black Seas Barracuda ship would look fantastic together! :wink:

Edited by ClassicLook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, victorycount said:

Thank you anyway for the effort, what a pity you didn't show up earlier. :pir-sing:

On 4/11/2020 at 1:05 AM, victorycount said:

This rebuild was made by @Brickander Brickumnus, @rainfall and me, thanks guys, was great workin with you. :pir-classic:

Been here since the start of the project. Admittedly did not manage to do much due to IRL commitments, but submitted the top of the stairs, prison and part of the Captain Cabin on the 4th and the completed Captains Cabin midday on Friday to @Brickander Brickumnus. Could only work on it a little during the week due to IRL work, but completed the segments I was tasked with (Other than a tiny segment of the roof).

It's probably because you did not know I was involved as I did not know anyone else involved in the project other than Brickander though was under the viewpoint it would be split into three or four segments :shrug_confused:

Either way, looking forward to the finalised stud.io file release. Lots of people loved the original so will be nice for everyone, regardless of how it was reconstructed.

Edited by Scarilian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Been here since the start of the project. Admittedly did not manage to do much due to IRL commitments, but submitted the top of the stairs, prison and part of the Captain Cabin on the 4th and the completed Captains Cabin midday on Friday to @Brickander Brickumnus. Could only work on it a little during the week due to IRL work, but completed the segments I was tasked with (Other than a tiny segment of the roof).

It's probably because you did not know I was involved as I did not know anyone else involved in the project other than Brickander though was under the viewpoint it would be split into three or four segments :shrug_confused:

Either way, looking forward to the finalised stud.io file release. Lots of people loved the original so will be nice for everyone, regardless of how it was reconstructed.

Hey, no worries, I will mention you too then. As you already mentioned; I never knew anyone else was building on it, since I was starting the whole thing by myself(I think simultaneous with Brickander), and never had any contact to noone except for Brickander. So I just named him, and rainfall as Brickander sent me his captain's cabin.
But whatever. It is now finished, and anyone can contact me for the final stud.io file, and I'll give a link to the file. But as Brickander said he will do a last check for minor errors, I won't put it here for now.

1 hour ago, Alazon said:

Do you have a schedule on when to publish the stud.io file? Would love to have a look at the building techniques!

As mentioned above, I can give you a link to my file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, victorycount said:

As mentioned above, I can give you a link to my file.

Thanks!

Edited by Alazon
Found the message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

looks amazing!  :thumbup: nice that you also think of the sales perspective

@victorycount & @Brickander Brickumnus do you think it will be possible to put the model file and instructions on a rebrickable, or some similar web? I suggest to also make it available for public, where we will see also a download count.

Edited by rainfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, victorycount said:

Hey, no worries, I will mention you too then. As you already mentioned; I never knew anyone else was building on it, since I was starting the whole thing by myself(I think simultaneous with Brickander), and never had any contact to noone except for Brickander. So I just named him, and rainfall as Brickander sent me his captain's cabin.
But whatever. It is now finished, and anyone can contact me for the final stud.io file, and I'll give a link to the file. But as Brickander said he will do a last check for minor errors, I won't put it here for now.

As mentioned above, I can give you a link to my file.

I'll take that link too please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rainfall said:

looks amazing!  :thumbup: nice that you also think of the sales perspective

@victorycount & @Brickander Brickumnus do you think it will be possible to put the model file and instructions on a rebrickable, or some similar web? I suggest to also make it available for public, where we will see also a download count.

I don't have instructions, nor do I know how to make them.

I only have the file.

But I'll leave the uploading to @victorycount, since for some reason which I can't figured out yet, when I open the file to my Stud.io there are a lot of "transparent" areas and pieces. This was a problem from the beginning when we started to share files with Victory. it seems that there are some pieces misplacement, when I open the file, from little that i checked it out.

I also made few very minor corrections, which do not change the overall optical result. They are just more true to the original Ideas submission by Pablo.

 

enRzFjn.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wondering - you used the old "Brown" as the colour for most parts in the Stud.io file. Are you sure that Pablo did not use Reddish Brown in his version? There are some who say that his pictures have been desaturated on IDEAS, that's why the brown is less vibrant and darker (and the greens much paler).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rainfall said:

looks amazing!  :thumbup: nice that you also think of the sales perspective

@victorycount & @Brickander Brickumnus do you think it will be possible to put the model file and instructions on a rebrickable, or some similar web? I suggest to also make it available for public, where we will see also a download count.

thanks, well if you want, you can upload it, I actually don't wanna make an other account for uploading that. Do you have the file?

2 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I don't have instructions, nor do I know how to make them.

I only have the file.

But I'll leave the uploading to @victorycount, since for some reason which I can't figured out yet, when I open the file to my Stud.io there are a lot of "transparent" areas and pieces. This was a problem from the beginning when we started to share files with Victory. it seems that there are some pieces misplacement, when I open the file, from little that i checked it out.

I also made few very minor corrections, which do not change the overall optical result. They are just more true to the original Ideas submission by Pablo.

I don't have instructions either, and as I saw, you only can make them by using steps, and I didn't do that, so.... no instructions. But at least there is the building now, so anyone can do whatever he wants with it. For me, I leave it here, I just wanted to rebuild it and share it, nothing more.
If you did some changes to have it more true to the original, we better should upload this version. The issue with the transparent parts is indeed misplacement, some are minor other bigger problems. But you can turn that on/off with the collision (detection) button, if I turn it on, i see it also like that. But I realized that too late, since it was my first build with stud.io. Guess I did some parts from the beginning wrong, but like you say, after mixing our versions, it got completely messed up, and I had to shift around like whole parts of the building.
But if anyone has a problem with that, he can fix it, or rebuild it again if he likes...
And if you look closely on the pictures, even the original had some collision issues :pir-blush:

1 hour ago, Alazon said:

I am wondering - you used the old "Brown" as the colour for most parts in the Stud.io file. Are you sure that Pablo did not use Reddish Brown in his version? There are some who say that his pictures have been desaturated on IDEAS, that's why the brown is less vibrant and darker (and the greens much paler).

Yeah that might be, I also read that. But I don't know much about those colours, so I started and as it looked ok, I didn't bother about it anymore. I don't know if there's a possibility to select all the parts of one colour as in LDD and change it.

Edited by victorycount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, victorycount said:

But at least there is the building now, so anyone can do whatever he wants with it. For me, I leave it here, I just wanted to rebuild it and share it, nothing more.
If you did some changes to have it more true to the original, we better should upload this version. The issue with the transparent parts is indeed misplacement, some are minor other bigger problems. But you can turn that on/off with the collision (detection) button, if I turn it on, i see it also like that. But I realized that too late, since it was my first build with stud.io. Guess I did some parts from the beginning wrong, but like you say, after mixing our versions, it got completely messed up, and I had to shift around like whole parts of the building.
But if anyone has a problem with that, he can fix it, or rebuild it again if he likes...

I see. I thought it was some problem with my PC and program!
Since that's the case, I'll extend my "corrections".

If everything goes well, I'll have it ready by next Sunday...unless someone beats me to it. :pir_laugh2:
 

Just now, victorycount said:
Just now, Alazon said:

I am wondering - you used the old "Brown" as the colour for most parts in the Stud.io file. Are you sure that Pablo did not use Reddish Brown in his version? There are some who say that his pictures have been desaturated on IDEAS, that's why the brown is less vibrant and darker (and the greens much paler).

Yeah that might be, I also read that. But I don't know much about those colours, so I started and as it looked ok, I didn't bother about it anymore. I don't know if there's a possibility to select all the parts of one colour as in LDD and change it.

I also used the same colors as Victory.
I tried some other colors too, like Reddish Brown, but "Brown" and "Dark Brown" looked to me as being the closest to the pictures and videos in the Ideas, so I sticked with them too.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I see. I thought it was some problem with my PC and program!
Since that's the case, I'll extend my "corrections".

If everything goes well, I'll have it ready by next Sunday...unless someone beats me to it. :pir_laugh2:
 

I also used the same colors as Victory.
I tried some other colors too, like Reddish Brown, but "Brown" and "Dark Brown" looked to me as being the closest to the pictures and videos in the Ideas, so I sticked with them too.

I can do some colour corrections, if you want. Wanna join a Dropbox folder? I can't send forum messages yet because I'm new, but I'll help happily. Pablo used mostly Reddish Brown with Dark Brown and Black accent colours since Brown hasn't been in production for quite some time. Because he did some photoshopping afterwards for a more vintage look, the colours resemble Brown.

47 minutes ago, victorycount said:

thanks, well if you want, you can upload it, I actually don't wanna make an other account for uploading that. Do you have the file?

Uploading to Rebrickable might be a problem. I tried to upload free files/instructions for an IDEAS set that didn't make it and that I rebuilt likewise from pictures, and I wasn't allowed to since I wasn't the original creator. I'm also not sure whether the IDEAS guidelines allow a rebuilt, but I am not here to open that particular can of legal worms ...

 

 

Edited by Alazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@victorycount

@Brickander Brickumnus

Are you still planning to do a modded version of the original Pirate Bay with the raised baseplate and old ship hulls replaced by modern parts?  If not, please PM me the Studio file and I'll get started on that myself.  You guys have done some really outstanding work here - I hope @paokus sees how much love you've put into recreating his original design!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Alazon good to know about the restrictions; "particular can of legal worms" ..well said

Indeed they did! and checking Pablo's last visit from December, I doubt he sees..

@Brickander Brickumnus good luck with the correcting and strong nerves. 

Do some of you guys also working on the steps and instructions? Definitely I want to build that bay, need to know how much and what parts will I need.. :pir-huzzah2:

 

Edited by rainfall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, rainfall said:

Do some of you guys also working on the steps and instructions? Definitely I want to build that bay, need to know how much and what parts will I need.. :pir-huzzah2:

If you look under "Model" "Model Info" you see all the parts listed. There are a lot of parts that don't even exist, like the dark blue baseplates...
 

14 hours ago, Alazon said:

I can do some colour corrections, if you want. Wanna join a Dropbox folder? I can't send forum messages yet because I'm new, but I'll help happily. Pablo used mostly Reddish Brown with Dark Brown and Black accent colours since Brown hasn't been in production for quite some time. Because he did some photoshopping afterwards for a more vintage look, the colours resemble Brown.

Uploading to Rebrickable might be a problem. I tried to upload free files/instructions for an IDEAS set that didn't make it and that I rebuilt likewise from pictures, and I wasn't allowed to since I wasn't the original creator. I'm also not sure whether the IDEAS guidelines allow a rebuilt, but I am not here to open that particular can of legal worms ...

Doesn't bother me too much, since I'm not gonna upload it, and don't think it's a problem to just rebuild it if I'm not gonna sell it and I'm not gonna do that. :parrot:
For the colours, you can do that, but for me it's ok as it is. I've sent you the file, aight?

8 hours ago, icm said:

@victorycount

@Brickander Brickumnus

Are you still planning to do a modded version of the original Pirate Bay with the raised baseplate and old ship hulls replaced by modern parts?  If not, please PM me the Studio file and I'll get started on that myself.  You guys have done some really outstanding work here - I hope @paokus sees how much love you've put into recreating his original design!

No, I won't, but I don't know what he is gonna do.

Edited by victorycount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, victorycount said:

If you look under "Model" "Model Info" you see all the parts listed. There are a lot of parts that don't even exist, like the dark blue baseplates...

wow.. wonderfull!  I am a noob :pir-murder:

Thanks a lot, did not see that before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, icm said:

@Brickander Brickumnus

Are you still planning to do a modded version of the original Pirate Bay with the raised baseplate and old ship hulls replaced by modern parts?

Due to some changes the previous days, I doubt I'll build "The Pirate Bay", let alone mod it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

LEGO IDEAS

SUPPORT ►

CARRIBEAN CLIPPER REDUX

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.