This is my very own Tantive IV Main Corridor with Airlock Doorway MOC built of LEGO bricks: 

o_1e43un79u1gia13cu1fa0dro1t912.png

o_1e43un79ue5c1a761tubpjj1alk13.png

o_1e43un79u1ht81qrr1lkg1goct0g14.png

o_1e43un79ua4odb93521dv3pch11.png

o_1e43un79ueb512lc1h5m1dcplof15.png

o_1e441g9t115o1tb93es1snn1pukm.png

o_1e43un79u16lk1g1c1gg85s7ruk17.png

Served as an Alderaanian Diplomatic Cruiser, the CR90 Corvette TANTIVE IV played a central role in the events at the beginning of the Galactic Civil War, serving as Princess Leia Organa's personal starship in the leadup to the Battle of Yavin ...

Tantive IV Main Corridor features the iconic round shape design for the walls, including very accurate wall-cubes and the iconic shaped side columns, as well as a smoothly sliding Airlock Doorway, that reveals an indicated Imperial Hallway behind to recreate the Borading Assault by using a pretty clever technique.

The Hinge-mechanism allows you to get better access to the Corridor, and serves as a switch, so you can either close the Corridor, or open it which makes it easier to take shots of scenes with  minifigures and reenact moments from Star Wars: A New Hope or Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. 

The entire build is extremly sturdy which allows you to grab the whole build without falling apart, and every detail is securely locked in place.

You can follow me on flickr or take a look at more Star Wars MOCs of mine: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-creatorr/ 

What do you guys think? :wink:

Edited by TheCreatorr

WOW!!

I was just about to post in your other Tantive IV thread when I saw this!  These are both amazing - two more home runs!  Can't say it enough.  Your payhip link, and others like it, are becoming the 'streaming service' of LEGO builds...when official LEGO sets are nice, but just not enough :laugh:  Fantastic work!

With a risk of coming out as a hypocrite (given that I also offer some building instructions that aren't free of charge), I feel like there is a growing tendency of posting purely sale-oriented topics. This really feels to me like product description (very much inspired by the official lego set descriptions) with the primary focus of promoting your shop :) I remember there used to be some moderation in this regard, perhaps even something in the forum rules, but maybe the tendency and preferences changed... I don't know.

So I apologize in advance to everyone who disagrees and thinks that I am just creating a drama again, that's not my intention.

Though frankly, if I may react to the only part of the post which seems to be exclusive to this forum and not just copied from the shop:

13 hours ago, TheCreatorr said:

What do you guys think:wink:

I have to say that this looks exactly like the corridor segment of your previous Tantive IV diorama build with an extra front wall. I guess it may allow for some alternate views, perhaps quite interesting pictures... ultimately I don't see too many display or play options that would benefit from having the second wall. All in all, this is IMO a modification of the other MOC, possibly even a better choice for someone, but as it is it doesn't bring anything new or interesting in terms of creative design when compared to your other recent MOC post.

Once again, apologies for not being unconditionally positive :) I know this isn't all nice and cheering, but it's my honest feedback.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:51 PM, lowlead said:

WOW!!

I was just about to post in your other Tantive IV thread when I saw this!  These are both amazing - two more home runs!  Can't say it enough.  Your payhip link, and others like it, are becoming the 'streaming service' of LEGO builds...when official LEGO sets are nice, but just not enough :laugh:  Fantastic work!

@lowlead Haha :laugh:. Thanks for your thoughtful comment !! Really appreciate it. Yep, that's exactly what I intend to do: LEGO produces primary sets for kids, and consequently has to make compromises in terms of details and accuracy. And I want to fill in that gap with detailed and accurate, but also sturdy and playable builds. I started my journey one year ago, and I am very thankful for all of you who engage me to keep going! :blush:

On 3/25/2020 at 1:27 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Fantastic!

@Jerry McGlade Thanks man :wink: