MajklSpajkl

[Studio] Technic Linear Actuators in Studio HELP - SOLVED

Hello everyone,

I was looking over the forum whether same question has been already posted somewhere, but couldn't find it, so I hope I am not doubling the topic:

Q1: Is there a possibility to extend or shorten the technic linear actuators (92693c0161927c01 and 40918c01) in stud.io? Are there at least parts made of those in shortest and longest state and where can they be found?

Q2: Is there a tool or a trick to align two i.e. liftarms, each with its own fixed pivot point to a position where those two cross (like two circles crossing each other) - is it possible to find that exact crossing in stud.io?

I am putting most of my hopes into @efferman@Zerobricks and @M_longer as I've seen quite a lot of  great digital stuff coming from them. I would really appreciate any help from any other who might know something about it as well.

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

For the actuators: just “breaking” them in their components/subparts should allow any position in Studio.

For the angles: you need a pencil, a sheet of paper, a rule and a compass, or a geometry software.

I thank you both for your suggestions. I never liked LDD too much, but I guess I'll have to deal with it :-)

Best regards.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:24 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

as I've seen quite a lot of  great digital stuff coming from them

I am using LDraw to make pump/actuator/shock absorber. To create specific part from subparts and import it into Stud.io.

640x480.jpg
Here's the example file
https://bricksafe.com/files/M_longer/misc/pumps/6Lpumps.io

Edited by M_longer

1 hour ago, M_longer said:

Here's the example file

Thx, I'll try out that as well and see which method I find easiest and quickest.

Best regards.

Using MLCad as @M_longer suggested + some geometry in AutoCAD to get the correct angles in Studio worked like a charm. I hope Studio gets updated in the future to make these extensions and alignments even easier.

Thank you all for suggestions and best regards.

Miha

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Using MLCad as @M_longer suggested + some geometry in AutoCAD to get the correct angles in Studio worked like a charm. I hope Studio gets updated in the future to make these extensions and alignments even easier.

You could do it in one go in my LDCad editor (ldraw).

See the "Shock absorbers" section of:

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/advEdit