Micmac

Harry Potter custom builds and moc's

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’m basically trying to decide whether to have them all be second-year versions with short legs or fifth-year versions with long legs

I'd go with the fifth year versions. Personally I prefer the later years (although I love all of the HP books and movies), also, characters like Luna and Cho didn't show up until the fourth and fifth year. So it makes more sense to me :) Plus I generally don't like minifigures with short legs that much as they are not movable, meaning the displaying possibilities are very limited.

Edited by Dareon394

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some time during the weekend to build some more Harry Potter MOCs and Mods:

 

 

 

Grawp mod (fixed the shoulders, leg and back issues I had with the official version):

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Metanoios91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.instagram.com/james83120/

This guy has had his great Diagon Alley Moc posted here before, but he also has a great Hogwarts. 

 

16 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

Had some time during the weekend to build some more Harry Potter MOCs and Mods... 

So good, I love the motorbike especially! 

16 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seaber said:

https://www.instagram.com/james83120/

This guy has had his great Diagon Alley Moc posted here before, but he also has a great Hogwarts. 

It does indeed look great but we can't really see it all that well as it's only used as a background in a couple of photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Burrow (custom)

Finished my custom Burrow, Blended two sets but it did need lots of extra bits to finish the roof and walls. Its fully enclosed, both sides open up on the ground floor and the side wall of the top sections. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Micmac said:

Finished my custom Burrow, Blended two sets but it did need lots of extra bits to finish the roof and walls. Its fully enclosed, both sides open up on the ground floor and the side wall of the top sections. 

That's amazing, great MOC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted it in the main forum but I’ll put them here too to find easily for those who want them:

This is a design of the Troll based on the Grawp figure:

LEGO Harry Potter: Troll

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my Bricks and Pieces orders just arrived so I've finally been able to make the Astronomy Tower a floor taller and replace those ugly white frames. Suggestions on what to include in that extra floor's interior are more than welcome!

20200627_114736.jpg

20200627_114805.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One of my Bricks and Pieces orders just arrived so I've finally been able to make the Astronomy Tower a floor taller and replace those ugly white frames. Suggestions on what to include in that extra floor's interior are more than welcome!

20200627_114736.jpg

20200627_114805.jpg

That looks great!

What I would do is expand the Ravenclaw tower section: move Slughorn’s office down one floor and put in the new space a Ravenclaw Common Room (Fireplace, statue, bookcase/ blue sofa etc), put a Cho Chang in it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

That looks great!

What I would do is expand the Ravenclaw tower section: move Slughorn’s office down one floor and put in the new space a Ravenclaw Common Room (Fireplace, statue, bookcase/ blue sofa etc), put a Cho Chang in it :)

Thanks! I have the same setup in my Marble Staircase Tower (Gryffindor CR on one floor and the dormitories on the floor above) so that's actually a very good idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my system Scale Hogwarts moc. It’s not complete yet, haven’t actually added an interior yet and there’s some roofs and base parts that need to be completed. This set is mate from two of every Hogwarts system set + 1 room of requirement + 1 UCS Hogwarts. Plus extra BURPs. I tried to get the layout as accurate as possible, with the ‘simplified’ aesthetic of the system scale sets keept intact.

the left hand side of the castle is one solid piece, with the Great Hall&courtyard, viaduct, Grand staircase tower and griffindor tower at the front. The rear viaduct, a corner tower and the clocktower&courtyard are attached accurately to the rear, and can swing open to allow access to the interior. The great hall and clocktower builds are about 90% the same as they originally were, with the main changes being the addition of courtyards, rear roofs and other tweaks here and there and colour changes (mainly on the clocktower set’s extra tower).

the grand staircase tower uses the roof from the ucs, but with an entirely new tower inspired by the set, and some custom work for the wider portion. Griffindor tower is a ‘slimmed’ down version of the original, with the small tower added. The courtyard entrance is entirely from scratch, as is the rear viaduct, which leads through an entrance into griffindor tower.

the right hand side of the castle is attached via the viaduct and uses a heavily modified West Wing building, which is now taller, and has more depth. The roof is also new, using the techniques of the UCS model. The two greenhouses are unchanged, but have a new section build on top to connect them and continue the west wing building. I elected to remove the centre tower from this section so the astronomy tower wouldn’t be obscured. The astronomy tower is simply a lot taller, but that’s all that’s different.

the bells towers are completely new, I tried to keep as close to the styling of the regular sets as possible, giving plenty of interior space and making it sturdy.

I estimate there’s probably 9000 and 10,000 pieces in the model, there’s still a lot to do before it’s finished, including potentially adding an owlery. But for now, this is my Hogwarts! (Apologies for image quality)

C11BACC1-356A-44D9-A870-9C2096FC15E9.jpeg

Edited by Whovastron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

 

C11BACC1-356A-44D9-A870-9C2096FC15E9.jpeg

I do love the new sets but with a little tinkering you can get a very movie accurate version. Love what you've done with it. I think a lot of people will try and reproduce this version. Well done. On the picture quality, took me a while to figure out how to add photos to eurobricks. They don't really offer a picture hosting service so I made  a  Flickr account and then you can copy the address of your picture from there and paste it in here and you'll get nice high quality photos. Can't wait to see more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started Privet Drive moc, only have the first floor don't so far. Its actually fun to do a house as opposed to the castle for a bit. 

4 Privet Drive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Micmac said:

Started Privet Drive moc, only have the first floor don't so far. Its actually fun to do a house as opposed to the castle for a bit. 

Oh wow! That looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, Whovastron said:

This is my system Scale Hogwarts moc. It’s not complete yet, haven’t actually added an interior yet and there’s some roofs and base parts that need to be completed. This set is mate from two of every Hogwarts system set + 1 room of requirement + 1 UCS Hogwarts. Plus extra BURPs. I tried to get the layout as accurate as possible, with the ‘simplified’ aesthetic of the system scale sets keept intact.

the left hand side of the castle is one solid piece, with the Great Hall&courtyard, viaduct, Grand staircase tower and griffindor tower at the front. The rear viaduct, a corner tower and the clocktower&courtyard are attached accurately to the rear, and can swing open to allow access to the interior. The great hall and clocktower builds are about 90% the same as they originally were, with the main changes being the addition of courtyards, rear roofs and other tweaks here and there and colour changes (mainly on the clocktower set’s extra tower).

the grand staircase tower uses the roof from the ucs, but with an entirely new tower inspired by the set, and some custom work for the wider portion. Griffindor tower is a ‘slimmed’ down version of the original, with the small tower added. The courtyard entrance is entirely from scratch, as is the rear viaduct, which leads through an entrance into griffindor tower.

the right hand side of the castle is attached via the viaduct and uses a heavily modified West Wing building, which is now taller, and has more depth. The roof is also new, using the techniques of the UCS model. The two greenhouses are unchanged, but have a new section build on top to connect them and continue the west wing building. I elected to remove the centre tower from this section so the astronomy tower wouldn’t be obscured. The astronomy tower is simply a lot taller, but that’s all that’s different.

the bells towers are completely new, I tried to keep as close to the styling of the regular sets as possible, giving plenty of interior space and making it sturdy.

I estimate there’s probably 9000 and 10,000 pieces in the model, there’s still a lot to do before it’s finished, including potentially adding an owlery. But for now, this is my Hogwarts! (Apologies for image quality)

C11BACC1-356A-44D9-A870-9C2096FC15E9.jpeg

Wow, that´s a great looking model.  Could you post more pictures, and if possible in a higher quality? The overall look is astounding, or in another words , magical . 

 

Congrats on the good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 7:33 PM, legolord said:

Wow, that´s a great looking model.  Could you post more pictures, and if possible in a higher quality? The overall look is astounding, or in another words , magical . 

 

Congrats on the good work. 

The models all finished up now (well the interior needs some work but I don’t have a good enough pieces collection for that at the minute.) I’m gonna take some pictures and a video this weekend and post them!

heres a more HQ pic for the moment though:

2603ED19-B774-48B2-AA03-4FA1380FBF05

 

Edited by Whovastron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The models all finished up now (well the interior needs some work but I don’t have a good enough pieces collection for that at the minute.) I’m gonna take some pictures and a video this weekend and post them!

heres a more HQ pic for the moment though:

2603ED19-B774-48B2-AA03-4FA1380FBF05

 

Wow, looks stunning. If you could also include pictures or the video with not only the exterior but also the interior that would be awesome. Look pretty damn good. Congrats on the great work. 

 

Next to that piece of garbage you have below, both look incredible. Both the falcon and Hogwarts are top notch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks wonderful. Love the inclusion of the Viaduct. Good work on the rock face as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The models all finished up now (well the interior needs some work but I don’t have a good enough pieces collection for that at the minute.) I’m gonna take some pictures and a video this weekend and post them!

 

7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

This looks so good! Can't wait to see the video and more pictures. Could you post more pictures of the bell towers? I'm going to build them soon, just ordered the pieces, and your version looks really nice. What did you put inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The models all finished up now (well the interior needs some work but I don’t have a good enough pieces collection for that at the minute.) I’m gonna take some pictures and a video this weekend and post them!

heres a more HQ pic for the moment though:

 

 

Wow - amazing job! This is what I wish the D2C Hogwarts contained, even if it would have been $600-$800 instead of $400. 

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To kinda add to what @Fenghuang0296 said, maybe it would be best if everyone quoting someone's post to compliment it's content etc would remove the pictures. Sure, they are very nice builds but we don't really need pages full of the same pictures. Though that may just be me :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Metanoios91 I love the motorcycle. Really solidifies my belief that if Lego wanted to include a vehicle for play in the Privet Drive set then it should have been Hagrid's motorcycle not another Ford Anglia. I'm sure someone mentioned on the other HP thread that the designers mentioned something about struggling to fit Hagrid in the motorcyle, but I'm sure they could do it without making a new Hagrid.

I love your Grawp mod too - the shoulders really look like he's wearing his cloth waistcoat now. Between you and @Micmac I really want to mod my Grawp, but I'm just not that good at MOCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.