Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

Thoughts and opinions on getting a Futurama set?  Given the revival of the show plus the skins in fortnite and the flexibility of what can be made under the LEGO ICONS banner I’m hoping Futurama is now a real possibility.

57 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Thoughts and opinions on getting a Futurama set?  Given the revival of the show plus the skins in fortnite and the flexibility of what can be made under the LEGO ICONS banner I’m hoping Futurama is now a real possibility.

It feels like the kind of thing they could do now, with the 18+ adult focus for many sets. Futurama has a big enough fan base to warrant it, and you could do a very funky Planet Express ship that would be iconic enough for people to want. But equally there are so many other things that are probably higher on the list for them to do.

42 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It feels like the kind of thing they could do now, with the 18+ adult focus for many sets. Futurama has a big enough fan base to warrant it, and you could do a very funky Planet Express ship that would be iconic enough for people to want. But equally there are so many other things that are probably higher on the list for them to do.

True, I feel it’d be a safe bet though given the market for it and the fact that 2 projects on Lego Ideas made it to 10k votes and that was after the series had not been made in 6 years.

I for one would love a Planet Express Ship that came with the main characters (Fry, Leela, Bender, the Professor, Zoidberg, Amy and Hermes would make sense and probably also Nibbler). And with the rebirth of Futurama, its only going to become even more popular as a franchise.

Would it make sense to do the humans (Fry, Leela, Professor, Amy, Hermes) as molded heads ala The Simpsons or as normal minifigs?

19 hours ago, jonwil said:

I for one would love a Planet Express Ship that came with the main characters (Fry, Leela, Bender, the Professor, Zoidberg, Amy and Hermes would make sense and probably also Nibbler). And with the rebirth of Futurama, its only going to become even more popular as a franchise.

Would it make sense to do the humans (Fry, Leela, Professor, Amy, Hermes) as molded heads ala The Simpsons or as normal minifigs?

Quite an interesting point, I never thought about the moulded heads, however I’m pretty sure that unless they did a CMF as well then Lego wouldn’t create new moulds as the chances are Futurama would be 1 or 2 exclusive sets (like the Simpsons) and I’m sure I remember someone saying they don’t do new moulds for exclusive sets. 

They did special molds for Sesame Street (that haven't been reused since except for a few keychains) so the same is absolutely possible for Futurama.

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

They did special molds for Sesame Street (that haven't been reused since except for a few keychains) so the same is absolutely possible for Futurama.

yea ever since that set the dropped the no new molds rule, think its just submissions cant have them, but one they are approved its all on the table

I think new molds would def work better for futurama to be more in line with Simpsons, but at the very least id be shocked if they made a bender without a new head mold.

As a fan of metal music (especially Metallica), I thought this was pretty awesome and it’d be a dream come true to see a set like this released.

Turns out it even got kinda endorsed by the band themselves when they posted it on their Instagram story today.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/646bdbd0-2232-4bc7-b7b1-9a1a1b53fd31/official_comments#content_nav_tabs

I designed a Winter Village inspired set based on Dr. Seuss's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."  It was a ton of fun hiding Easter egg references to other famous Seuss books, as well as writing up my Seuss-inspired poem for the description.

Your support would make my heart grow three sizes! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a581dbe8-c756-4ab4-944c-2f7c776a2aa7

53314751126_f7ca5e6c2c_b.jpg

Edited by thenightman89

4 hours ago, someguy827 said:

I designed a model of Clifford The Big Red Dog! It was an amazing challenge to ensure that Clifford looked proportional to not only the the show, but also the Giant Vizsla dog breed which he's based off of.

I would appreciate any amount of support or feedback! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/5d9f5ac4-b64c-4779-aa6c-563e4c0d87ac

How iconic, supported! Love the part usage of the hair pieces for the bushes.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:00 PM, Portal Out said:

How iconic, supported! Love the part usage of the hair pieces for the bushes.

Thank you so much! I'm also very proud of the 3x3 heart piece used for Clifford's mouth and the new 1762 slope piece for his nose.

I made my first LEGO Ideas project, Mega Man X - 30th Anniversary!

The figures have authentic articulated joints and many fun accessories from the game series. X has his X-Buster with normal and charged shot effects, and all of his armor upgrades (head, body, arm, and foot) with the super charge shot effect, as well as four changeable facial expressions (normal, angry, shouting, and smiling) for normal X and for his upgraded helmet. Zero has his Z-Buster with the same shot effects as X, and parts to swap his armor to the lightsaber-wielding Zero in Mega Man X2 and onward with his X3 Z-Buster and Z-Saber, as well as four changeable facial expressions (same as X). Both X and Zero also have posing stands and plaques with famous in-game quotes on them, plus a plate with a Heart Tank, Sub Tank, and 1-Up. There's even a Dr. Light Capsule for X to stand in!

15 hours ago, Wolfman_Bricks said:

What’s the status on The Nightmare Before Christmas set?

The Hocus Pocus Cottage released last year in July, so I think this July is a pretty safe bet for another Halloween themed Ideas release. The telephone booth from the same review wave is coming in February, so it’ll definitely be ready by then too!

Although LEGO does not produce my IDEAS project Eda's Owl House, I wanted to give fans the chance to build it. 

So after some minor revisions and improvements to the model, I have created building instructions that you can download for free from my website (http://www.thilo-schoen.de/lego.html).

A part list is included as well which can be copied directly into a Bricklink wanted list to buy the parts. 

"Jessica's the love of my life. The apple of my eye. The cream in my coffee."
- Roger Rabbit

I guess only the lazy haven't heard or seen this masterpiece, created by Touchstone Pictures in collaboration with Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis - 1988's toon-noir Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit is Roger Rabbit's human wife. 
In the film, she is a sultry-but-moral cartoon actress and singer at a Los Angeles supper club called the Ink and Paint Club.

Kathleen Turner was the speaking voice of this femme fatale, intoning the famous line, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." Amy Irving provided Jessica Rabbit's singing voice in the scene in which the character first appears in the movie.

In my IDEAS set, I imagined how the Roger Rabbit could express his love to Jessica. Maybe by creating a mural on a wall. 

lady-2024-3.jpg