LittleJohn

Dwelf Tales: Treasure Heist

Another entry for the CCC, in the Treasure Transport category. Also another scene set in Alnya, building off my previous models there. The trap actually functions via a crank in the tunnels – a section of the road falls down into the net of the waiting goblins below. Hopefully this will be just the first of many Dwelf Tales!

Goren the miner has amassed a fine collection of precious metals and jewels over the years. Recently he asked his friend Garrek to transport a small selection of them to the Adventurer’s Guild in return for new mining equipment and other supplies. Garrek readily agreed and set off through Allanar forest with his goats pulling the wagon load. Little do they realize that the goblins have a sneaky trap prepared on this road! Will Garrek and his goats ever make it to the Adventurer’s Guild?

overview-2.jpg

wagon.jpg

story.jpg

home-1.jpg

home-3.jpg

trapped.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

Awesome concept! I like the transition from dark to reddish brown, gives it a very earthy appearance.

Very humorous idea and I really like the dwelfs' little underground cubbyhole!  Quite cool idea to sandwich it between two books too.  I'm not convinced that the lime goes with the red leaves much less the black and gold books, but the dark brown to reddish brown is fantastic!

Great moc! I like the idea of the books and the story is good too. My favorite part is the forest and underground, both have amazing atmospheres and colours. Keep it up!:dhappy:

Another breathtaking MOC, LittleJohn. 

The uneven paths both in the underground and in the forest ground are flawless, the trees are beautiful, the colors (including that bright green) are vibrant and fitting, and the addition of book covers is a very clever and unique take for a frame. Impressive interiors too, mate. 

Incredible work, very impressive. 

Beautiful MOC! Great work!

I like the colour scheme on top. The lime with olive green is a new combo for me =)

The books is really good. And the living area under ground is great!

Very cool!  I like the idea of the bookends, and they fit nicely with the scene.  You have a great sense of color and are daring in your incorporation of newer shades, particularly the lime, which is well done.  I like the underground and the use of dark brown and reddish brown to help give texture to the dwelling.  The goat cart and the trap are excellent as well!  Love seeing your stuff!

I really like that you are expanding upon your "Isle of Alnya" from the Safe Haven contest! The trees are great (I spotted you in there, goblin!), the plants are great, and the winding, downward path is great as well. But the dark brown soil layer is awesome, because 1) it separates the reddish brown above ground from that underground, 2) while bridging the gap between the black and reddish brown, 3) and contrasting superbly with lime green, and 4) it's also accurate, because the top soil layer in old forests darker than the ground below, because it is rich in humus! Nice interior, especially like that curved section of wall left from the fireplace. Really the only thing that I can't bring myself to like are the goblins, sorry! :shrug_oh_well: Keep rocking, John! :thumbup:

Great work here!  I love all the little details that make this such a rich series of scenes, and the books are a very clever way of framing the build and story.  Your colors are well-handled, and I love that you've found a use for those useless little goblins.  Nice job keeping Alnya relevant too!

absolutely stunning moc. love all the techniques used here and i think the color scheme is great as well. one of the most creative mocs ive seen in a while:thumbup:

Alnya forever :excited:
A very creative concept that should have been difficult to pull off in the bricks, but you managed it beautifully :thumbup: The dirt cutaways, landscaping, trees, and books are all fabulous.
But the real stars of the show are the details crammed into the goblin tunnels - so many nooks and crannies that give a homey lived in atmosphere.
Genius fireplace and chair designs too :wub: