Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So... Pigsy has a restaurant? That's weird, I think I'm the only one here but I get Big trouble in little China vibes from the new leaks... 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there going to be like a tv show or something for this theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is there going to be like a tv show or something for this theme?

Hopefully. I at least expect episodes like Hidden Side. But if TLG wants to keep this theme such a secret, there better be one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tv shows are good for marketing so I expect there is a show in the plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure speculation on my part, but with the similarities to ninjago I'm wondering if this is really just Lego group's attempt attempt to emulate their success with ninjago in mainland China.  They have really focused on growth there and it seems hard to justify this theme sitting along side ninjago globally, but ninjago itself may have too many Japanese influences for the Chinese market.

I'm presuming this will still have global availability based on the success of the other chinese sets and lego group's statements about not region locking sets.  But I would guess the strategic focus, advertising, initial set release dates, production, etc. will all be heavily China focused, and if there is a TV show it could be a chinese one.  Is it possible these are only on store shelves in China and just shop@home for the rest of the world?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Interestingly, I feel like both Monkey Kid and new Ninjago are trying to appeal to Nexo Knights fans. Keep in mind Hidden Side was a distraction from the modern Lego formula. If Lego saw the mixed results of Hidden Side, they might want to continue the safe idea of a futuristic Ninjago, which was made into Nexo Knights.

Edited by Legoanonymous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on the theme? If it's indeed supposed to release in May, shouldn't we have gotten more info about it by now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lego David said:

Any updates on the theme? If it's indeed supposed to release in May, shouldn't we have gotten more info about it by now?

I'm expecting a delay,that's the most realistic senario for the time being.But you never know they might stick to their guns and release the theme as intended.If that's the case we'll get set pics next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

An...odd new big-fig claimed to be from monkey Kid leaked on Instagram; I'm thinking it's the theme's take on Sha Wujing. Thoughts?

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

An...odd new big-fig claimed to be from monkey Kid leaked on Instagram; I'm thinking it's the theme's take on Sha Wujing. Thoughts?

Old news, it was actually one of the very first leaks of this year, and one of the very few until more recently. :wink: :tongue: Proof:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the high quality big dog leaked, a minifigure with a blue jumpsuit and a band around her head was leaked. Could this be a main character? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new torso leaked from a guy wearing a similar necklace as Sandy. But this time made out of stone. Could this be Sandy before his "transformation"? Or at least someone linked to him?

21 hours ago, Legoanonymous said:

Before the high quality big dog leaked, a minifigure with a blue jumpsuit and a band around her head was leaked. Could this be a main character? 

I assumed it to be Ninjago or Hidden side. But she might indeed be from Monkey Kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

A new torso leaked from a guy wearing a similar necklace as Sandy. But this time made out of stone. Could this be Sandy before his "transformation"? Or at least someone linked to him?

I assumed it to be Ninjago or Hidden side. But she might indeed be from Monkey Kid.

The green torso is from Ninjago. It's a troll or ork, whatever you call it. 

22 hours ago, Legoanonymous said:

Before the high quality big dog leaked, a minifigure with a blue jumpsuit and a band around her head was leaked. Could this be a main character? 

Where? Can't find it on instagram... 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harkonen said:

 

Where? Can't find it on instagram... 

The minifigure has the blond ponytail piece, and printing showing a brown bag. It is also under #legominifigures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Legoanonymous said:

The minifigure has the blond ponytail piece, and printing showing a brown bag. It is also under #legominifigures

Are we sure it's not City? I mean, it doesn't have that... fun and cartoonish look the other Minifigs have. Looks pretty boring. And who it could be? I don't think it's Monkey Kid, time will tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Are we sure it's not City? I mean, it doesn't have that... fun and cartoonish look the other Minifigs have. Looks pretty boring. And who it could be? I don't think it's Monkey Kid, time will tell. 

City is submarine themed this time around (if I'm not mistaken) so she doesn't really fit the theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

City is submarine themed this time around (if I'm not mistaken) so she doesn't really fit the theme.

City also has Airport sets this year, this could be a passenger with the bag print.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

City also has Airport sets this year, this could be a passenger with the bag print.

Or people pack if they still do those... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

City also has Airport sets this year, this could be a passenger with the bag print.

Nah, she doesn't look generic enough for a regular passenger. The headband hints toward a special character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New female head on instagram that might be from Monkey Kid (only other theme I see it working for is Ninjago). Not really that familiar with Journey to the West, so I don't know if it'd fit any specific characters.

Edited by UberCorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new female head could be white bone lady/demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when we could finally get an official reveal for the theme? If it's gonna be released in May as Stone Wars claims, then the theme should have been revealed by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now