Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Also the logo might be a take on the LEGO Space logo,

That was my first thought, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Nah it's just an orange circle(probably the sun) and the cloud he rides.

True, it still might be a reference to dragonball. 

It might be fun if this theme takes inspiration from Big trouble in little China too. 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guys over at stonewars.de have posted a new article about the theme and there are some quite interesting tidbits: https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-monkey-kid-asien-exklusiv/

  • apparently, the theme was conceived for the Asian market, which is why it wasn't shown at any of the toy fairs
  • they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)
  • there's going to be at least one Brickheadz set
  • the official release is supposed to be May *huh*

Well, that last point would explain why the minifig parts are leaking already :shrug_oh_well:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)

Hmm...I can't foresee this being great for sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The guys over at stonewars.de have posted a new article about the theme and there are some quite interesting tidbits: https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-monkey-kid-asien-exklusiv/

  • apparently, the theme was conceived for the Asian market, which is why it wasn't shown at any of the toy fairs
  • they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)
  • there's going to be at least one Brickheadz set
  • the official release is supposed to be May *huh*

Well, that last point would explain why the minifig parts are leaking already :shrug_oh_well:

 

Lego store exclusive? Oh, that's perfect! Then I won't get my hands on them. Worst idea ever, I thought Lego said they stopped with regional exclusives... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same approach they used with Vikings? It was a regional exclusive to Denmark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Lego store exclusive? Oh, that's perfect! Then I won't get my hands on them. Worst idea ever, I thought Lego said they stopped with regional exclusives... 

They did, which is why regional exclusives are now sold on s@h and in in LEGO stores as well :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lego-Freak said:

They did, which is why regional exclusives are now sold on s@h and in in LEGO stores as well :wink:

Yes, and the nearest official Lego store to me is on the other side of the country. Only if regular retailers might get them too... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these sets are lego store exclusives, I simply don’t see this theme selling well, oh and shouldn’t we already get set images if the sets release in May?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If the entire theme will end up exclusive , (read: Full Price) for a long time, certainly could drive me away from the theme.

But I'm not in a huge hurry of buying new LEGO right now.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, doclord said:

So it really is just Chinese Ninjago?

Technically, those set names are placeholders. The builds may have a different aesthetic. 

Edited by Legoanonymous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mention of exclucivity puts a sour taste in my mouth.Sure aim it for the Asian market but release it non the less worldwide. 

I hope this theme comes out in May but with the virus raging Lego might delay the whole theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reeeeeally hope this theme isn’t exclusive. If it is, then I just don’t see myself buying this. Especially because all the LEGO Stores are closed right now (though hopefully will be open again by May, admittedly).

They did say no more exclusives. {groans} Well, at least this’ll lighten the load on my wallet.

Hey, does anyone know whether shipments of LEGO to Australian stores come by boat or plane? I’m worried that the closure of the country will mean we don’t get the summer sets releasing in June for months . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think now I will pass final judgement on the sets pictures. I hope the sets are good and then I will try to get them. Still the Ninjago summer wave with DnD and Creator Pirates ship are my priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)

I don't think that's really the case. LEGO has said that they won't make any regional exclusive sets ever again, and the ones they did so far have been one or two sets at most... not an entire wave of sets. Giving a 8 sets wave a limited release would be a very foolish move by LEGO.

After the Corona Virus crisis is over, I think Monkey Kid will most likely have a normal worldwide release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same approach they used with Vikings? It was a regional exclusive to Denmark.

Wait vikings was a regional exclusive? I got my hands on one way back in the day in the Netherlands? Odd.

Anyway if monkey kid is supposed to be a may release we should be seeing official pictures any day now right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Anyway if monkey kid is supposed to be a may release we should be seeing official pictures any day now right? 

Yeah, we should. I still hope it will have a normal release... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did yall notice how the pictures of the pig head and the MK figure vanished from instagram??While other leaks are still up.Lego really is trying to keep this theme a secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Or it's from Ninjago...not sure

I'm going to guess its an orc/troll from Ninjago. Fits much better with the skeletons and goblins we've seen from that than anything we've seen from Monkey Kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UberCorp said:

I'm going to guess its an orc/troll from Ninjago. Fits much better with the skeletons and goblins we've seen from that than anything we've seen from Monkey Kid.

Yeah, I think you are right. Then I guess we saw all the villain minifigs for ninjago... Hopefully we get more Monkey Kid leaks soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, LOTR34 said:

Did yall notice how the pictures of the pig head and the MK figure vanished from instagram??While other leaks are still up.Lego really is trying to keep this theme a secret.

It’s odd those have disappeared and not the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.