Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

he was in the scene where joker plays prince music at the museum and destroys all the art pieces (note the boombox) he painted a statue to look like joker in the movie

Thanks :thumbup: I need to rewatch the film at some point, it’s been a while since I’ve last seen it :blush: 

I don’t know what’s weirder, no Bob or LEGOs refusal to do Jokers hair in an accurate dark green. What’s up with that?

Well, I like the goon jacket, that’s a nice one to have. I like the wall mounted feature too, that’s bold. It would be interesting to see how long it is capable of doing that before undue stress on the piece caused issues.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Well, I like the goon jacket, that’s a nice one to have. I like the wall mounted feature too, that’s bold. It would be interesting to see how long it is capable of doing that before undue stress on the piece caused issues.

Yeah I assume the only reason they picked the boombox guy is one less piece needed (no hair) and they are just expecting people to MOC Bob with the jacket.

Ohhhh look at that 

Mime Joker is amazing! I'm missing the white dots in the box tie though

The Goon should had been wearing all black, right? That how he looks in the movie. Not sure why the purple jacket

But still :wub:

52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ohhhh look at that 

Mime Joker is amazing! I'm missing the white dots in the box tie though

The Goon should had been wearing all black, right? That how he looks in the movie. Not sure why the purple jacket

But still :wub:

his goons during the museum scene had that jacket, plus during the parade scene at the end 

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I think it's this one: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=67139#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"iconly":0}

------------------------------

Good looking set, but I'm still holding on to my wallet until I see the Colosseum and the Ninjago City Gardens. Love the possibility of wall-mounting it.

Yeah definitely. Didn't know that piece existed. 

If this set sells as well as the Batmobile from last year, what else can they release? Joker's parade floats? The 89 Batcave?

Or they should just jump to Batman Returns?

I’m interested to see this special piece...and if it can be used elsewhere. My LEGO Batman Movie Batwing sure would look nice clinging to the wall. 

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If this set sells as well as the Batmobile from last year, what else can they release? Joker's parade floats? The 89 Batcave?

I'm hoping for the UCS Bat Credit Card... Never leave the cave without it

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I would love a 89 Batcave 18 plus set. 

Plus

The Bust coming out next year to be the 89 cowl 

And then for the Art theme to have the 89 Batman as well (surely we will see Batman)

As an adult collector that would be the unltimate display for me!

This 89 Batwing was a lovely surprise, for a DC fan, considering the number of sets released. 

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

that would be the most cursed lego print ever made if that came to be ?

Not sure how I feel about this one. It looks nice, and I really dig the new Joker outfit, but the 89 Batwing in general just doesn't scream "iconic display piece" like the 89 Batmobile does. Being able to mount it on a wall if definitely a cool feature though. At $200, it's far from the most expensive D2C but in a year that has so many great options competing for my attention and wallet (Diagon Alley, Mos Eisley, the NES, etc.) this just doesn't stand out to me.

I'm still surprised that they made this set to be honest. The 89 Batmobile must have really sold through the roof for such a quick turnaround on another Burton inspired D2C that people probably won't buy unless they've already bought the Batmobile. I can't really imagine someone loving the Batwing so much that they just buy it alone and not the Batmobile to go alongside it. Who knows, at this rate we might actually see the Batskiboat from Batman Returns.

With Lego's new focus on "adult" branded sets, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen anything branded specifically on the Arkham games. Next year is Arkham City's 10th anniversary. Maybe we'll see something then.

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Something from Returns with Penguin and Catwoman on the display seems like a no brainer. The question is what the model would be.

13 minutes ago, doclord said:

Something from Returns with Penguin and Catwoman on the display seems like a no brainer. The question is what the model would be.

the batski-jet, the batcave, the yellow rubber duck Penguin drives, the "Bat-missle" that shoots out of the Batmobile. Any one of those I'd love

44 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

the batski-jet, the batcave, the yellow rubber duck Penguin drives, the "Bat-missle" that shoots out of the Batmobile. Any one of those I'd love

30 year anniversary is in 2022 for Batman Returns!

Bat Ski Boat is a long shot, but I'll take it lol, 

Bat - Cave would be cool!

Bat - missile - try ad look up the Dave Slater custom design!

On 9/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

Tbh, if we ever get a Batman & Robin D2C we're deffinetly getting that as a 1x2 tile as an accesory for Batman.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:49 PM, Lionbear8 said:

30 year anniversary is in 2022 for Batman Returns!

Bat Ski Boat is a long shot, but I'll take it lol, 

Bat - Cave would be cool!

Bat - missile - try ad look up the Dave Slater custom design!

I actually really want a D2C based on the rubber duck boat penguin drives ? it is so cheeky and menacing I,  love it. Also, I would absolutely go insane if we got a Max Shrek minifig lol that will be my favorite minifig of all time if it came true 

I think that would be a complete waste for a D2C set. Maybe something a little better than the 4+ set would be good though.

Which I actually bought.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but did anyone ever get an email about that DC Fandome Supergirl giveaway? Seems strange that we are a month out and I've heard absolutely nothing from anyone about it...

Just now, nintendude64 said:

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but did anyone ever get an email about that DC Fandome Supergirl giveaway? Seems strange that we are a month out and I've heard absolutely nothing from anyone about it...

Nope, it's been discussed for a few weeks now in a lot of places and it looks like the whole giveaway just never happened

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, it's been discussed for a few weeks now in a lot of places and it looks like the whole giveaway just never happened

That's so strange. Any theories on what they will do with all of the figs then? Quite bizarre.

So James Gunn and John Cena have a Peacemaker series lined up. Not gonna lie, I want that ridiculous helmet in Lego. Nice to see Charlton being represented. My ambitious Crisis display is a very small step closer to plausible.

18 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

It is almost like the supergirl figures have vanished off the face of the earth *huh*

If they ever existed in the first place