Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

New prints are bound to happen, but don’t forget new moulds and recoloured parts, which also eat away at the set’s budget :wink: 

d2c had 2 new molds on top of the prints.   as for recolored parts most all sets have that so i tend not to count it much.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

This thread is quieeet.

Well we are just waiting for the mystery set and diagon alley pictures :def_shrug:

do you get multiple GWP if you make separate orders?  or is it one per account.

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

I believe you can get it multiple times

Just now, deskp said:

Usually it’s one per account :wink: My personal experience was quite varied: In most cases, the GWP was removed from all orders but one if I had made multiple orders at once, but in some cases, I still ended up with multiple copies of the GWP. I don’t know the factors at play there, but I guess the temporal proximity of the orders and the stock they have may have something to do with it :classic: The desirability of the GWP could also factor in

On 5/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

Hi everyone I got something for you. 
So now that we have the building known as the viaduct entrance i wanted to see how the rest of the long gallery and the courtyard might turn out using it as the basis for scale etc. 
So after creating the base plates from the new astronomy tower set I have made this:

That's really cool! I don't know how likely it is for more sets to be built in this format considering Lego just seem to want to make a giant chain of modular towers but your layout is really useful for MOCs!

I've been customising my own Hogwarts using pieces from the older sets and the design of some of the newer ones and I've recently built the Viaduct to connect the Great Hall with the gate section from the new Astronomy Tower set. I reckon if I've got a lot of pieces left over once I've incorporated the Astronomy Tower I might try and take a stab at the Quad and your layout would be really useful for that :classic:

Please don't horde lots of GWPs and then sell them at a higher price. That's greedy and makes others miss out!

1 hour ago, UKFan922 said:

Please don't horde lots of GWPs and then sell them at a higher price. That's greedy and makes others miss out!

Depending on what the figure is i might need duplicates.

mod-stronomy45-24.png

Here is my plan when i get the new set.  the great hall and tower ready from 2018.

so just adding the rock base to the viaduct entrance and the viaduct itself. Adding one extra level to the astronomy tower.

5 minutes ago, deskp said:

Here is my plan when i get the new set.  the great hall and tower ready from 2018.

That looks amazing!

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I reckon if I've got a lot of pieces left over once I've incorporated the Astronomy Tower I might try and take a stab at the Quad and your layout would be really useful for that :classic:

Not that it really matters but Bugbot20082's lovely plan is of the Middle/Transfiguration Courtyard, rather than the Quad ;) 

27 minutes ago, deskp said:

so just adding the rock base to the viaduct entrance and the viaduct itself. Adding one extra level to the astronomy tower.

That really improves the look of the AT, and a pretty simple and effective mod of an already nice set. It looks far less squat. 

Just now, ItamatTheGreat said:

Do we know what will be the price of the DA D2C? I have heard 400$ but I'm not sure if it's confirmed. 

$400/400€, you heard the right price :wink:

43 minutes ago, deskp said:

This looks great!

1 hour ago, deskp said:

mod-stronomy45-24.png

Amazing work! Do you instructions for the Great Hall portion by chance?

Do you remember when the great hall prototype footage from toy fair was released, and it had that extra side bit connected to the main tower that allowed for a smoother connection to the whomping willow which meant that the stairs wouldn’t hit it, and it also had the tables which could flick up to simulate the Harry vs Draco dueling club. That was pretty rad.

1 hour ago, deskp said:

mod-stronomy45-24.png

This is excellent, I would probably try to do something similar but my display space isn’t tall enough to add any extra levels to the GH or AT like this

On 4/30/2020 at 5:22 PM, Zedro said:

I don’t no if it was share yet but tomorrow Lego gone make a Q&A on Instagram with Marcos Bessa, lead designer for the new Harry Potter wave. You can submit your questions now on instastories  Lego Instagram page they gone be online tomorrow ate 4:30 pm BST

Thanks to the Brothers brick it is at least possible to read it now, did not end up revolving much around HP, but still interesting :classic:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/05/06/lego-designers-qa-featuring-marcos-bessa-and-jamie-berard-feature/

1 hour ago, deskp said:

That looks excellent. Add three protruding towers on the Grand Staircase Tower and you have a perfect Hogwarts build. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Not that it really matters but Bugbot20082's lovely plan is of the Middle/Transfiguration Courtyard, rather than the Quad ;) 

Oh thanks for pointing that out, I've just looked it up and really like the look of it as a courtyard area :classic:. Apart from the front area of Hogwarts I'm quite rusty on the location of other parts of the castle, and the section on the other side of the Viaduct with the Astronomy Tower and Bell Towers is the area I know the least. 

The anticipation for the Astronomy Tower is killing me, as soon as I get my hands on it I can properly plan the other builds around it! 

21 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

That looks excellent. Add three protruding towers on the Grand Staircase Tower and you have a perfect Hogwarts build. 

thank you, and everybody who commented.  I keep going back and fourth if i want to add those, i have the option ready in my build.

2 hours ago, deskp said:

mod-stronomy45-24.png

I’m also currently designing a taller staircase tower with a new interior too! ( want to put Dumbledore office up there )

and I still struggle to make a great hall to has good looking entrance without put too much height. Your approach looks really good.

Do you increase any height for the great hall? Or just change the entrance.

Also planned to make an astronomy tower higher than my current design staircase tower.

49866301438_e81b40679c_c.jpg

Edited by Bluetus

51 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Do you remember when the great hall prototype footage from toy fair was released, and it had that extra side bit connected to the main tower that allowed for a smoother connection to the whomping willow which meant that the stairs wouldn’t hit it, and it also had the tables which could flick up to simulate the Harry vs Draco dueling club. That was pretty rad.

Yes! I had almost forgotten about it. I wonder what the final price would’ve been if they left those features in? I think even the ceiling was a biiit taller. 

Damn, today’s posts are really inspiring me to mod these sets :angel_sing:

Just now, Bluetus said:

I’m also currently designing a taller staircase tower with a new interior too! ( want to put Dumbledore office up there )

Do you increase any height for great hall? Or just change the entrance.

Nah just changed entrance.

I did put Dumbledores office in the wide part of the tower!

3 hours ago, deskp said:

mod-stronomy45-24.png

That looks great! Just a suggestion but have you thought of putting the WW castle parts in between the Staircase Tower and the Astronomy Tower?