Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, summicron said:

- Bellatrix, would prefer her in signature black dress instead of prison attire.

That variant will most likely be in one of the august sets

Just now, Vindicare said:

At first I thought the Mandrake was weird being a different piece, but I was having another look & I bet this is a full grown Mandrake as opposed to the baby one Neville & other students dealt with in class. 

We had already come to that conclusion :wink:

Lego must have their A team working on this as I think they are across the board awesome.  Also explains a lot about Series 20... must be the B team.

Like others have said Bellatrix and Kingsley I think point to a likely ‘Ministry Battle’ set in the pipeline (likely the cheaper set we have no information on), and that is where we will get a OoTP Sirius and Tonks (purple hair please, as orange is plentiful already).

Just now, LordVoldemort said:

WHERE IS GINNY !!!!!!!!! she must be in this series or I’ll riot

There aren't any CMF worthy outfits or accesories for her so I'd prefer to get her in a future set

Do you think a 1981's McGonagall (wearing her glasses) could come in this CMF with a Baby Harry and her cat form? And maybe Aunt Marge so both of them compliment the Privet Drive set?

Also, Madame Pomfrey should come as we have the Hospital Wing in the Clock Tower set. 

Edited by RAMcGonagall

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

Do you think a 1981's McGonagall (wearing her glasses) could come in this set with a Baby Harry and her cat form? And maybe Aunt Marge so both of them compliment the Privet Drive set?

Also, Madame Pomfrey should come as we have the Hospital Wing in the Clock Tower set. 

I definetely want Pomfrey but there are a ton of characters I'd prefer to 1981 McGonagall and Marge

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

@Falconfan1414's story:

"75980 people will like". That's the $100 August set. Could it actually be The Burrow?

Probably Ministry of Magic? As both Kingsley and Bellatrix are coming in the CMF?

That's honestly a pretty useless hint for us. We are Harry Potter fans, we like a ton of things we haven't gotten yet....

Gonna get the rant out of the way:
Did they seriously just put Harry in his plain clothes from one of the movie and slap him in there... :facepalm: Why couldn't just be him disguised as a Slytherin, could've been a great way to get more Slytherin uniforms.
And Neville downright using the same printing from Hermione in the last CMF, I have enough gryffindor uniform that last series, I don't need anymore. Really hope the rest of the CMF don't color the same as those two and can pick up the slack.
Okay rant over.

Everything else I'm liking monster book piece, sad there wasn't room to place in the books title. Really love the improvement for the phoenix obviously better than the brick built we got from the Great Hall. If that isn't an updated version of the hair piece, Bellatrix hair being seen again in this, really gonna lower the price of it on bricklink from the $10-15 price.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Ha, as soon as I saw the pictures on IG, I knew this topic would be loaded with new replies :tongue: 

Anyhoo, I'm glad to see these are actually real, 'cause they are absolutely fantastic!
It's great to see so many new characters finally (properly) represented in LEGO form, and it brings so many amazing, new parts with it.
I love the books Harry and Neville have and Harry's and Griphook's torso seem very nice as well (and usable in other themes). I like that Dumbledore's beard comes in white too, now.
My favorite piece so far, however has got to be Fawkes. He looks wonderful! :wub:

I have high hopes for what the rest of the series will bring :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Gonna get the rant out of the way:
Did they seriously just put Harry in his plain clothes from one of the movie and slap him in there... :facepalm: Why couldn't just be him disguised as a Slytherin, could've been a great way to get more Slytherin uniforms.
And Neville downright using the same printing from Hermione in the last CMF, I have enough gryffindor uniform that last series, I don't need anymore. Really hope the rest of the CMF don't color the same as those two and can pick up the slack.
Okay rant over.

Everything else I'm liking monster book piece, sad there wasn't room to place in the books title. Really love the improvement for the phoenix obviously better than the brick built we got from the Great Hall. If that isn't an updated version of the hair piece, Bellatrix hair being seen again in this, really gonna lower the price of it on bricklink from the $10-15 price.

I mean, that Harry was from a pretty big moment in the series. But I do get your meaning. In relation to the CMF, this is a bit of a wasted spot as he’s not terribly exciting looking. Maybe this was the best place they could think of to put him instead. 

I agree that the best part so far is Fawkes. I love everything about this series so far, Neville is the weak link minus the monster book of monsters, but I love getting students in regular clothes so that Harry is awesome to me. I do want other house robes though, at least Slytherin

8 new moulds so far. In the first Harry Potter cmf we did get 12 (not counting the wands). So there is room for some more interesting pieces.

Edited by Metanoios91

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

8 new moulds so far. In the first Harry Potter cmf we did get 12 (not counting the wands). So there is room for some more interesting pieces.

If Gilderoy Lockhart appears in this series, I think chances are high he will have a new hairpiece for his flamboyant hairdo, which might be very interesting.
Other than that I can't think of anything specific, 'cause there are still quite a few characters that could appear.

Regards,
Mitch

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There aren't any CMF worthy outfits or accesories for her so I'd prefer to get her in a future set

I mean she could easily come with Arnold, her pygmy puff. Gryffindor chaser with molded quaffle. 

11 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

If Gilderoy Lockhart appears in this series, I think chances are high he will have a new hairpiece for his flamboyant hairdo, which might be very interesting.
Other than that I can't think of anything specific, 'cause there are still quite a few characters that could appear.

Regards,
Mitch

I hope so, none of the current hairpieces really do the trick for me.

Just now, Ultron said:

I mean she could easily come with Arnold, her pygmy puff. Gryffindor chaser with molded quaffle. 

Completely forgot about Arnold tbh

1 minute ago, Ultron said:

That would be cool, the more beasts, the better. With all animal-new & old- in the last series, I hope we get at least one or two more this time around. 

Little game for us: What is Griphook holding? Its grey but not a Santa bag. 

Just now, Magnum said:

It looks to be a key, even though it doesn’t make sense for that version of Griphook. 

The CMF series is looking great so far!  Still wish it was a 22 minifigure series like the previous one, but there should be plenty of opportunities for more Fantastic Beasts characters to show up next year.

Just now, Magnum said:

I'm pretty sure it's a key. 

39 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Maybe Grimmauld Place? 

This is what I am hoping #75980 (the $100 August set) will be.

As the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix, it makes perfect sense as a set in a series that appears to be based on OoTP and HBP. The home serves as a key setting in both books / movies.

Plus, the facade would offer City fans a beautiful piece of Georgian architecture from an iconic London neighborhood.

Take a look at one of the winners from last year’s Lego Wizarding World holiday contest for some ideas on what the interior could look like:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/2a7993f5-2abb-4c27-ad7e-2b60345883b3