Captain Nemo

Disney Princesses 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Ah I think that confirms the cottage is €40 and 5+! :D I’ve seen different retailers list it at anywhere between €30-€40 and then there was that Instagram kid who said it was €15. €40 should basically guarantee two mini-dolls though! Oh I just want a Phillip so bad. :grin_wub: I wonder what hairpiece he’ll get? I think the CMF series 18 party boy’s in dark brown would work quite well.

I'm hoping for Philip too. 

The Disney Store has this cottage up right now. If the set is anything close to something like this, I would be happy. Hopefully with Sampson, but i doubt it. I still think it'd make sense for the dress to be the blue one or the forest outfit and with sampson to give us all of her dresses this season and a horse for that carriage.

https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-animators-littles-aurora-cottage-play-set-sleeping-beauty-460024547415.html

Disney Animators' Littles Aurora Cottage Play Set – Sleeping Beauty

2 minutes ago, illian420 said:

I'm hoping for Philip too. 

The Disney Store has this cottage up right now. If the set is anything close to something like this, I would be happy. Hopefully with Sampson, but i doubt it. I still think it'd make sense for the dress to be the blue one or the forest outfit and with sampson to give us all of her dresses this season and a horse for that carriage.

https://www.shopdisney.com/disney-animators-littles-aurora-cottage-play-set-sleeping-beauty-460024547415.html

That little cottage is beautiful. It seems like too much for them to give us in one set though! LEGO likes to split characters amongst sets so we buy more. :P I definitely can’t see them giving us both the blue dress and the briar rose one in a single set that would be way too generous. :P I think they might do something similar to the dress stand from Cinderella’s Enchanted Evening with the large pink ball gown from the €10 set. Samson seems pretty likely to me if we’re getting Phillip as they already have the Friends horse in white in production so all he needs his a new print. I don’t think he’ll be able to draw the carriage though as that was intended to be a magic one and is too low down for a horse. Getting Samson, Phillip and Aurora dressed as Briar Rose almost seems like too much. If that’s the case I bet we’ll only see one fairy and generic Friends animals as forest creatures, though if we’re lucky it’ll be the blue bird from the Bookshop and Belle’s Winter Castle.

This set definitely has potential though and I can’t wait to see it! Hopefully it’ll be revealed the same time as the advent calendars. :3

HD pictures of Belle's castle are up:
https://brickzeit.de/lego-disney-43180-belles-winterliches-schloss-ab-1-juni-2020-verfuegbar/

and/or

https://www.lego.com/de-de/product/belle-s-castle-winter-celebration-43180?wgu=267995_1351665_15903157370931_501b26ba1c&wgexpiry=1598091737&cmp=AFC-AFFLIATEDE-1189855-1351665-267995-0

I like it a lot.  Little fireplace in the base of the one (heart-shaped plan) tower, bed in the other; other spaces in interior for furnishings.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Anyone seen the recent picture of the LEGO catalog with the "coming soon" dates for Marvel superheroes, Jurassic World and Disney? I'm intrigued about the Disney one, since it uses the brick-built backdrop that's now common with most 18+ sets. Could a new D2C be coming? Is it just coincidence? It says June 17, a Wednesday in the middle of the month, which is usually when TLG reveals the D2C for the following month.

7 hours ago, Terrasher said:

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Anyone seen the recent picture of the LEGO catalog with the "coming soon" dates for Marvel superheroes, Jurassic World and Disney? I'm intrigued about the Disney one, since it uses the brick-built backdrop that's now common with most 18+ sets. Could a new D2C be coming? Is it just coincidence? It says June 17, a Wednesday in the middle of the month, which is usually when TLG reveals the D2C for the following month.

I just saw that and came here looking for possible leaks or rumors. Appears to be a surprise. Hope you are right though. 

7 hours ago, Terrasher said:

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

IDEAS Winnie the Pooh? *shrugs* I don’t think there will be another theme park related set anytime soon. It doesn’t seem like the Disney Train sold well given the deep discount during last year’s holiday sales. 

Could the red color be a hint? If so, all I can think about is Cars or the Incredibles but both of those are Pixar and aren't really in the spotlight at the moment...
The train didn't sell too wel but could it be that they were already working on a new D2C before they knew of the "poor" sales?

So basically the new Disney sets are 43181, 43184, 43185 and 43186 right?

On 6/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, Terrasher said:

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe it's hinting at the Zebra theme? Jurassic Park isn't listed for that on JediJac's page, but the 2 other themes are included, Super Heroes and Disney.

ZEBRA IS A MOSAIC THEME FOR AFOLs

USING 1x1 BRICKS / PLATES TO

MAKE THE PICTURES!

Marvel Super HeroesDisney™

TBA Wave : 9 Sets

A youtuber has it listed that the Belle Castle and Ariel duplo are coming in June though. Maybe for Disney, it's only that.

New rumored set name on Insta: 43179 Mickey & Minnie Buildable Figures. Keen to see what these look like!

They look cute, but I would have much preferred a traditional made-for-minifigures set. Printing the eyes feels like a cop out, but I guess it's easier than making them brick-built.

180 Euros? Haha...

At least there's still the Crocodile Locomotive to look forward to in July.

Seems to be a representation of Mickey from the 30's instead the 40's and 50's and therefore the proportions look a little stretched and odd. The price ist just 20€ (!) short from Pirate Bay, I really wonder what can justify this price tag. Perhaps a hidden sound brick in Mickey's guitar...

Wow, they look nice. Would have preferred Mickey's face to have the more modern flesh tone rather than a black-and-white look. They're also absolutely huge! The ears are 8x8 circles, and the display bases look to be about 24x24 studs! :wub:

It’s a real shame we can’t get a mini-doll D2C. Heartlake Hotel was the fifth best selling set of 2015 despite being €120 so there’s definitely a market there. This D2C uses the Disney mini-doll set numbering too. :(

The June to December 2020 catalogue can be viewed at https://zusammengebaut.com/lego-katalog-sommer-juli-bis-dezember-2020-gratis-als-pdf-download-95914/
No unseen Disney sets are featured.  No Aurora's cottage, or Rapunzel's tower.  Not even Mickey and Minnie.  Zusammengebaut says the catalogue doesn't include exclusives.  Does this mean the two remaining mini-doll sets will be exclusives?

On 6/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, Tommy Thunder said:

No unseen Disney sets are featured.  No Aurora's cottage, or Rapunzel's tower.  Not even Mickey and Minnie.  Zusammengebaut says the catalogue doesn't include exclusives.  Does this mean the two remaining mini-doll sets will be exclusives?

They’re definitely not exclusives if you search them you can find listings of them on other retail sites. The August release Trolls set was added to LEGO.com on July first, so unless one of these other retailers leak the two Disney Princess sets hopefully LEGO will reveal them August 1st. 

12 hours ago, Tommy Thunder said:

Finally lol

For Rapunzel, it looks great from the front. I like the stone door at the bottom. Love the window stickers at the top.  They even included a mini snuggly duckling tavern. I'm kind of glad I bought the old one though since it's much wider than this one. This one looks much closer to the movie version though.

For Aurora...really interesting skirt piece. That torso is really nice though. I will have to get this minifig. There are a lot of animals in this set which I'm surprised. And no owl. I really wish they'd included Philip or the Fairies. Maybe there will be another set to include them next year? The color choices on the cottage surprised me a little. I'm very curious to see the inside. The bridge is a nice touch. Glad to see her raven was included.

You can see the set without the box here.
https://www.gamepeople.it/index.php?id=prodotti&page=scheda&code=COS4246
https://www.gamepeople.it/index.php?id=prodotti&page=scheda&code=COS4245

Edited by illian420

I really like these two! They are definitely the best from this years Disney wave. 

The cottage is very nice for what it offers. The build looks very quaint, with pleasing colors that feel natural. I love the magenta and azure accents. They translated it very well from the movie. There are so many nice details in here: the wands that represent the fairies’ magic coming out of the chimney, Maleficients pet raven Diablo, the new grey bunny and the lovely bridge . Unfortunately though the biggest disappointment are the minidolls. No Briar rose outfit for Aurora and especially no Philip... At least the minidolls that are included are interesting. I like the blue detail on auroras dress and Maleficient actually looks fantastic. Way better than the last one.

Rapunzels tower is close to perfect  in my opinion. The build looks great and accurate to the movie, I love the rocks at the bottom and the stickers on the top floor. The details are very pretty as well with all the gold pieces and the flowers. I am curious about the interior though. The side builds are cute as well. The mini Snuggly duckling looks especially adorable with the ducky piece. Minidolls are also solid, Rapunzel has the frozen 2 skirt piece and we finally have an updated Eugene. And I like the inclusion of the tangled the series Pascal. No Gothel or longer Rapunzel hairpiece unfortunately.