Sign in to follow this  
adde51

CHALLENGE IV : Category A: Meeting at the temple of Qa'te

As war had ravaged most of Historica, for what seemed liked eons, many of its inhabitants were weary of it all. Peace had been hard to come by, but appreciated by the vast majority. Turmoil still simmered at different places of the land but the queen had been a unifying force in bringing the guilds together. Trade was flourishing and the quality of life had risen dramatically for the vast majority – nobels and commoners alike.

As rumors of unrest in parts of Historica had reached Kaliphlin, the collective opinion was one of frustration. Although accustomed to war and conflict, people in general were thankful for what Queen Ylspeth had achieved. Cities had been rebuilt and expanded, trade had enriched the land, and for the first time in ages, sons and daughters finally outlived the parents instead of perishing in war. Action had to be taken to ensure continued stability!

49002475281_74e3692099_c.jpg

As a step to ensure the queen’s continued rule, invitations had been sent out to several of the prominent leaders throughout the south, as well as some of the nobles from other parts of Historica. They were sent by Sir Na’Qud, a wealthy merchant who resided at the southern coast of Kaliphlin. He, as well as most of Kaliphlins lords and merchants, had benefitted greatly from the peace that had settled in the land in recent times. His fleet of ships had been put to great use and instead of transporting soldiers (which in all honesty was a terrible business), he was now able to import and export goods all over Historica.

49009374406_5a444d413d_c.jpg

“Welcome my friends, so glad you could make it”, Na’Qud expressed as his guests arrived. “I have called this meeting to make sure we all see the benefits of the current stability in our great land”.

49009374471_4536772efb_c.jpg

The guests all convened at the big table in the center of the hall, and started discussing the matter. Na’Qud was not alone in his assessment of the situation. It quickly became clear that nothing was to be gained by more war, trade was by far more lucrative and less worrisome. Although there were still parts of Historica that felt ignored by the queen, the collective view was that she had been a unifying symbol and someone who deserved the support of her subjects. “Peace means trade, and trade means money!”, Ta’Mie shouted, and the rest of the table nodded their heads in agreement. “All hail the true queen, Queen Ylspeth!”.

Thus it was settled, the rule of the queen must be maintained.

This is my entry to challenge IV, category A. I divided the build into two parts, the first showing people on the way to Na’Qud and the second showing the imagined interior of the temple where the meeting is held. I hope you guys like it, cheers!

Great build!  I really like the microscale that shows the perspective on the area, and then the huge room!  The high ceiling really looks good, as many builds don't show the insane depth to some of the rooms that surely would exist in palaces and the like.  Love the red and dark blue tapestries/banners that adorn the walls, and the new window grates look awesome.  The dark orange tiles on the floor look good in the mosiac pattern as well.  I would have never thought about the bows on the backs of the chairs, but they work!  The entire build has a great mid-eastern flavor to it.  I think my favorite part is the candelabras--they really look good.  Well done!

That's a very impressing hall! The banners in Kaliphlin colors helps to see the scale and the floor design fits the scene pefectly. I like the muted colors that goes well with serious topic being discussed by the envoys. 

The microbuild is also beautiful. The turquois dome stands out perfectly. The microscale ship foreshadows greater things to come :wink:

I love the scale of that hall!  The floor colors are well chosen too and I like those candelabra a lot.  Have to admire the microscale build too, the blue dome was a great touch! 

My favorite is the island for its beautiful water, nice base and building! I also like the ship, and the walls on the second build are very good too. The floor is also nice and the colours choices draw your eyes instantly! 

That's a really cute little building! And then that interior hammers the nail into the coffin, love the floor and all the subtle details, brilliant job mate!

I'm amazed by the microscale Qa'te. 

The palm trees, the water effects, the temple itself for how simple, yet complex it is, and the rockwork. Just a perfectly balanced and beautiful combination. 

And on the inside.. woow. That's a big hall! I lang the hanging banners and the candelabra. Plus, the floor design is pretty unique.

Excellent quality on the pictures too, mate. 

Cheers! Excellent entry. 

Beautiful microscale MOC as our appetiser (love the piece usage here, you've demonstrated what can be done with only a few parts!), and then a similarly lovely MOC for the main course. In the latter case, the floor design, candelabras and chairs really stand out. Also love the cast of characters.

One thing I do feel is the hall is a bit bland and it feels as if it needs a bit more in it. I think a fireplace with chimney or something would help give it a bit more life.

Nice entry though! :thumbup:

On 11/3/2019 at 11:53 PM, Grover said:

Great build!  I really like the microscale that shows the perspective on the area, and then the huge room!  The high ceiling really looks good, as many builds don't show the insane depth to some of the rooms that surely would exist in palaces and the like.  Love the red and dark blue tapestries/banners that adorn the walls, and the new window grates look awesome.  The dark orange tiles on the floor look good in the mosiac pattern as well.  I would have never thought about the bows on the backs of the chairs, but they work!  The entire build has a great mid-eastern flavor to it.  I think my favorite part is the candelabras--they really look good.  Well done!

Thanks! I figured it would be fun to go rather big with the hall so I'm glad you liked it. The only concern I had was to make sure it didn't look too abandoned given the scale, haha! 

On 11/4/2019 at 7:24 AM, Etzel said:

That's a very impressing hall! The banners in Kaliphlin colors helps to see the scale and the floor design fits the scene pefectly. I like the muted colors that goes well with serious topic being discussed by the envoys. 

The microbuild is also beautiful. The turquois dome stands out perfectly. The microscale ship foreshadows greater things to come :wink:

Much appreciated buddy, thanks! More ships will follow, haha! 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:31 PM, Kai NRG said:

I love the scale of that hall!  The floor colors are well chosen too and I like those candelabra a lot.  Have to admire the microscale build too, the blue dome was a great touch! 

Thank you! The floor-pattern was actually what started the whole build so I'm glad you liked it  :sweet:

On 11/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

My favorite is the island for its beautiful water, nice base and building! I also like the ship, and the walls on the second build are very good too. The floor is also nice and the colours choices draw your eyes instantly! 

Glad to hear man, thank you! Always fun to dabble a bit with microscale  :laugh:

On 11/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, Blufiji said:

Imposing hall and nice microscene to support the story!

Thank you very much, glad to hear! 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, W Navarre said:

That's a really cute little building! And then that interior hammers the nail into the coffin, love the floor and all the subtle details, brilliant job mate!

Haha, thanks! Glad you liked the interior as well :classic:

On 11/7/2019 at 9:18 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

I'm amazed by the microscale Qa'te. 

The palm trees, the water effects, the temple itself for how simple, yet complex it is, and the rockwork. Just a perfectly balanced and beautiful combination. 

And on the inside.. woow. That's a big hall! I lang the hanging banners and the candelabra. Plus, the floor design is pretty unique.

Excellent quality on the pictures too, mate. 

Cheers! Excellent entry. 

Thank you very much! Haha, yeah it is a pretty big hall :grin: . Glad to hear you liked it! 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Basiliscus said:

Beautiful microscale MOC as our appetiser (love the piece usage here, you've demonstrated what can be done with only a few parts!), and then a similarly lovely MOC for the main course. In the latter case, the floor design, candelabras and chairs really stand out. Also love the cast of characters.

One thing I do feel is the hall is a bit bland and it feels as if it needs a bit more in it. I think a fireplace with chimney or something would help give it a bit more life.

Nice entry though! :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah I went a bit back and forth in adding more details in the great hall. Finally settled on this look to keep the focus on the table and the disussion that they are having, but I definately see your point  :wink:

Lovely micro with the claw sails and clip gateway being my favorite details :thumbup: The massive hall is suitably imposing, and I don't think I've seen that color scheme used before. Very cool candelabra technique too!

On 3/17/2020 at 2:26 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely micro with the claw sails and clip gateway being my favorite details :thumbup: The massive hall is suitably imposing, and I don't think I've seen that color scheme used before. Very cool candelabra technique too!

Cheers man, glad you liked it!