Bregir

[GoC] Queen's Birthday Parade, King's Harbour

As other settlements are celebrating the Queen's Birthday with a parade, so is King's Harbour.

Most of the citizens have turned out for the parade, proudly watching their brave soldiers walk by.

48828625632_91e6605a74_c.jpg

Several different branches of the Royal armed forces are represented in the capital of the Southern Isles.

Leading the column, halberdiers of the local garrison showcase their ancient, but still effective equipment. They typically do not operate alone, but augment regiments of the line, taking positions at the flanks, or corners of infantry formations to safeguard against cavalry assaults. In many battles, they have proven the long pike and halberds worth over a bayonet when facing charging cavalry, and they are well known for their stalwartness in the face of a charge.

48828625717_365989e54a_c.jpg

They are followed by men of the 12th Grenadier Regiment. The grenadiers are handpicked amongst the strongest, largest and most capable men of the line companies, and excel in the assault, brushing away resistance by their sheer force and strength. They carry grenadoes, heavy muskets and heavy shortswords well suited for close quarter fighting.

48828466736_9f2573271c_c.jpg

For any modern army, the regiments of the line are the backbone of any battle. They stand bravely against the enemy onslaught, returning fire at breakneck pace, never relenting, never surrendering. On the open battlefield, they are the heroes, and Corlander line regiments are famous for their unwavering discipline.

48828466666_ba60bc5896_c.jpg

No army can stand without cavalry, and in King's Harbour, a contingent of the Winged Cuirassiers make their home. The Winged Cuirassiers are the shock troops of the Corlander armies. While hussars and similar light cavalry excel in the harassment of the enemy, his supply lines and communications, the heavy cavalrymen of the Winged Cuirassiers have one sole purpose: Breaking enemy formations. Their thunderous charge on large destriers, outfitted in heavy breastplates and with a multitude of heavy weaponry at their disposal (including the long handled heavy winged war axe that gives them their name), is a sight feared by many an enemy. The men are typically recruited from Corlander universities, and scientific education is continued in the regiments, from which many a civil servant has come.

48828625557_df1e0fec2c_c.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My entry into the Queen's birthday parade collab and to GoC redcoats challenge. C&C welcome.

An impressive showing for the Queen's parade here, great collection of cannon fodder! :grin:  Nice use of those new small arch pieces on the flat roofed building too!

Ah just like the Brits in real life: much unnecessary :innocent2:  But I have to compliment on nice minifig posing and detailed explanations on military tactics of each troop squadron.

Spoiler

10/10 they wouldn't stand a chance against a proper sea rat crew :monkey:

This is a well put together parade MOC, with a nice supporting story line.  Nice photography as well.  Good job.

Also proof that Corries tend to be a bit over-equipped (compensating for something?) and thus why they can only manage to march 100 m a day. ?

:thumbup: from me. The troops are exceptionally done with a nice backstory to each one. I am fond of the perfect posing of each group of soldiers. I find that the focus on your photography here is well done. Nice background buildings and minifigures.  I would have liked to see a post parade shot of the buildings and common figures, but that is more of a curiosity factor on my part then a neccessity for this build and storyline. Great job. 

Beautiful scene and good job with the rich variety of troops. That's rather impressive. Approved :thumbup: for the Glory of Corrington!

One small gripe: the white rope almost looks like a ghostly noose just floating in the air...