Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[Sep FB1] Dockside Warehouse, Port Raleigh

The Corrish settlement of Port Raleigh has long been noted as a priority for development by colonial planners. It's location as the first Corlander Port East of Arlinsport makes it an important stopping point for Corrish Captains heading east who want to avoid Eslandolan or Terraversian taxes. As such the docks of Port Raleigh are seeing significant expansion. In this scene a warehouse typical of the many that are springing up around the docks can be seen while a detachment of Highlanders keeps a watchful eye on proceedings.

48780849491_1f7639a65d_c.jpg

This particular warehouse is owned by the Colonial administration and is rented out to the ETTC who are currently using it to store locally produced rum before shipping to various ports in both the new and old world.

___________________________________-

I've been working on a project of which the goal was to show 20x20 scenes from each of the 15 Corlander settlements in the new world. Unfortunately I need to conduct some short notice travel for my work and I was only able to complete 6 out of 15. This is a modified version of my Port Raleigh build. It turned out slightly larger than the rest and I wanted to take a photo from a different angle with a different scene on the road. The original image will still appear in my final project which I'll probably post sometime soon(ish), but in the meantime I really wanted to post something now so this is it! Licensed as a small commerce in Port Raleigh.

By now I expect nothing but excellence from your builds, and once again you do not disappoint. Great MOC, well done! :thumbup:

The variety in buildings on such a small space is awesome, makes it look very "alive". All those different materials used work out great. I can't wait to see this in another scene! :pir-classic:

Edited by Darnok

I think my favorite part of this is the top of the tower, the inset corner design is something I don't think I'd seen before and it looks good!  Is that the new coral color mixed in with dark red for the house?  A great combination!

I spy some castle building showing through ... Are the hinges for texture or fuction.

Very well done the colors go together well and so do the textures.  There is just enough to look at as well.

Personally I would have loved to see a house frau throwing water out the second story or a supervisor shouting orders ... Just to give it more action

Thank you all for the comments!

On 9/24/2019 at 12:16 AM, Kai NRG said:

Is that the new coral color mixed in with dark red for the house?

Alas no, just plain ordinary red!

On 9/24/2019 at 6:57 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Are the hinges for texture or fuction. <snip> ... Just to give it more action

Hinges are purely for texture! Regarding the action, I agree it needs more. It is still sitting on my desk at home built, so maybe in three months time when I get home I'll try and add some more! I particularly like the idea of a women throwing water out of a window!

50 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Alas no, just plain ordinary red!

Hmm.  Looks almost coral.  Anyway thanks for the idea, I need to try it out now (says the person with not a single coral piece...). :tongue:

Wonderful build! In my opinion the tower is a little too high and slim for a port fortification (I wouldn't want to receive a 32 pounder broadside on it! :tongue:), but esthetically speaking your build is very nice, both as structure and as wall texture. The minifig choice is very nice too.