Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Help me decide what I want...

Where do we go from here...  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What route should I choose for an AMRCA?

• Further explore Calinstock!
    • Return to Reinhard on Celestia!
    • Take it to the South!

I am in a weird spot when it comes to my current AMRCA: it is at a point where I could conveniently end it, but there are also loose ends worth working with. The thing is that I can't really decide what I even want to do with it. So I hope you can help me! I will outline three options - all of which would interest me - and would like to hear your opinion on this. Tell me what your preference is, what you would like to see build and written about.

So without further ado:

1. "Further explore Calinstock!" ... I would focus on exploring Calinstock further, working with the "On Calinstock" part here. I would rely on some ideas from the AMRCA writers team, since I have no great idea here, other than "well, it would be cool to find out the island information and rumours, and maybe find out some cool stuff in the process".
  2. "Return to Reinhard on Celestia!" ... This would be about my original sigfig character, which I kind of abandoned at the end of the Orchid Challenge about 18 months ago. See his last known appearance here. This would have the overall purpose to get him back to civilisation, and explore the inland of Celestia on the way there. I do like building vegetation and overgrown stuff, so it would be something to enjoy. Again I have no idea what to do with this exactly, and would rely on ideas from the AMRCA team to put some tasty options on the table.
  3. "Take it to the South!" ... This one would focus on the WTC (possibly sending Mordo on an adventure), with their trading post in Kemblarsi as a starting point. A somewhat natural continuation from the storyline that started with Count Mesabis expedition, I would take this further, possibly focussing on the Lotus Kingdom.

So there you have it. You can either just vote in the poll or give me some additional written feedback - I appreciate any and all opinions, thank you in advance! :pir-classic:

I voted 1, as I would think there's plenty to explore on Calinstock, but 2 also sounds good, especially if you think you'll do more with your sigfig once you get him back to civilization

8 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

but 2 also sounds good, especially if you think you'll do more with your sigfig once you get him back to civilization

I voted for number 2. The fact that he has been wandering around on an island for 18 months means that story wise you could do just about anything you wanted. Was he held prisoner by natives, did he find a port and go to sea, or has he been enjoying the simple things of life and living off the land? The options are nearly endless!

Thanks for the feedback so far, I appreciate it!

Though one vote for each option isn't much of a decision yet... :pir-grin:

Hmm, 3 options, 3 letters in "WTC." Choices, choices.

I like the sounds of 2 best, for the reasons outlined above.

I think you should go with whichever includes the greatest use of explosives. :grin:

Well, technically, you do not need to select one or the other, so I would say focus on whatever you feel inspired by. On the other hand, I understand the desire to focus on on a single story.

I'd like to see Reinhard returned, but I also think the Calinstock/Proxyville storyline would be fun to see developed - what will the WTC do with its secret settlement? For me, the southwards expedition is the least interesting, as it happens so far away from anything else.

Not much help, I guess - but those are my thoughts! :pir-grin:

17 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Not much help, I guess - but those are my thoughts! :pir-grin:

Well, it does help, quite a lot actually. Prefering two of three options means you only have to decide between two from then on - already a more easy choice. :thumbup:

Edited by Darnok

Number 2 sounds most intriguing however number one could have a grand story to unfold aswell.  

I also am turned off at the thought of further south as there is so much unexplored curently on the known maps.

I suggest you to go south, towards Lotus Empire and the others, especially if you want to try something new (ships, architecture). My vote, however, is a little biased... I would like to organize an AMRCA in distant lands too (even if I am thinking about North)

Edited by Keymonus

9 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

I would like to organize an AMRCA in distant lands too (even if I am thinking about North)

Darnok might caution you against this as he almost killed his crews sailing north into nothingness for months lol.

Ha, this turns out to be pretty inspiring to me, since I think a lot more about each choice whenever somebody brings up a suggestion. So thanks everybody so far, I really appreciate every single contribution! Still undecided though, I'll see where I stand in a week from now.

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Darnok might caution you against this as he almost killed his crews sailing north into nothingness for months lol.

One point that drags me back to my original AMRCA is actually to give the North another try: with a bigger ship and crew, this time sailing north and westwards from Altonia. Just to spit in the face of fate. :pir-grin: