Welp, back onto 1/15 scale :roflmao: Made this little thingy in about 12 hours after Madoca's small supercar popped up in my YT recommended. 

BRICKSHELF (whenever uploaded)
As with my Mini Nitro Menace, this year's Corvette wheelbase was taken as a base - should be compatible with the transporter truck - and so the build began. Of course, drive&steering has been done a million times already so this needed a cherry on top - the roof was what I was looking for.  Making a chassis was dead easy with the slim wheels and by motorising each rear wheel independently, the need for a differential was eliminated.  Thanks to the placement of the BuWizz in between the rear wheels, steering and roof motors could now populate the central tunnel and be hidden under the black 3x11 curved panels giving the interior a "cleaner" look.

img_0268.jpgimg_0270.jpg

img_0211.jpgimg_0221.jpg

img_0212.jpgimg_0222.jpg

Now, bodywork ain't my strongest point, but I wanted it to be ferrari RED. This meant working with a very small inventory (for me) most of which you can see on the car :laugh: Of course ricer butterfly doors were made to make it look cooler than it is.

img_0214.jpg

Have a nice weekend, Cya)

img_0279.jpg

Edited by syclone

Its crazy how much motor stuff can be packed in such a small car, while the interior stays free of any motors and gears. 

The body looks fine, the only thing that really bothers me is that there is no real B-pillar when the convertible roof is up, it is just like floating there.

How can you make something like this in such a small ammount of time? 

I like the idea of having multiple models in the same scale, it would be so nice to see all the cool Transporter Truck scaled cars on this site be put side by side, and then loaded on the truck :wub: 

Update: Instructions on Rebrickable https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-27364/syclone/small-rc-red-roadster/#comments

@Jurss @Good old Lego builder Thank you very much! It is my favourite scale to work at)

@Gray Gear That'd be awesome (and expensive) In regards of design, I tried a mechanism with B-pillars, but didn't like the positioning of them in the end and went without those. But this leaves room for a v2 :wink:

The speed of my builds has a simple recipe: no friends/social life at all :snicker: It is a double sided coin however : the design is often rough on the edges as I hate having something collecting dust and occupying parts useful for other projects. 

Edited by syclone

On 8/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, Gray Gear said:

it would be so nice to see all the cool Transporter Truck scaled cars on this site be put side by side, and then loaded on the truck :wub: 

Are there that many? I only know of MOC-8013 and now this one.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:19 PM, syclone said:

by motorising each rear wheel independently, the need for a differential was eliminated. 

I was wondering, how does that remove the need for a differential? The way I understand it, since both motors provide the same speed, one wheel will still have to spin free when taking a turn (but I'm no pro in car mechanics..)

4 hours ago, ozacek said:

I was wondering, how does that remove the need for a differential? The way I understand it, since both motors provide the same speed, one wheel will still have to spin free when taking a turn (but I'm no pro in car mechanics..)

I've heard that buwizz has some speed control thing that works like a differential. So when a servo turns, it reduces power to the other motor. 
But in the same time, if it's programmed backwards, you get a mean drifter. 

6 hours ago, ozacek said:

It is 1:15 scale (I think) so there's quite many - most cars with 43.2 wheels could fit there. In regards of the driveline - not that it is programmed or replaces exactly a differential, the driveline is split to left and right, so the decrease in one motor's speed (caused by turning) won't affect the other one. Basically the inner motor in a turn will suffer a little but the outer one won't be affected.

4 hours ago, syclone said:

It is 1:15 scale (I think) so there's quite many - most cars with 43.2 wheels could fit there.

I'm not sure if the wheel size is the right measure, many models could easily be slightly off scale, particularily when the scale is small. If we consider the 15L width & ~600 parts count of the official transporter cars, then I could only find the two I mentioned.
EDIT: but with your idea of researching via the wheel hubs, I did find a few of them!

Edited by ozacek