Recommended Posts

On 9/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, shadefoundry said:

So this morning I was browsing a 4chan archive, and noticed that someone had posted some set names. Take this with a grain of salt since 4chan is 4chan, but apparently the sets are:

Capture.PNG.5d2ad191e20b62652e36fb709a6aa55c.PNG

Again, take it with a grain of salt, these could be entirely wrong, but they seem to line up with what others have been talking about in this thread so far so I figured I'd post it.

Great job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, shadefoundry said:

So this morning I was browsing a 4chan archive, and noticed that someone had posted some set names. Take this with a grain of salt since 4chan is 4chan, but apparently the sets are:

Capture.PNG.5d2ad191e20b62652e36fb709a6aa55c.PNG

Again, take it with a grain of salt, these could be entirely wrong, but they seem to line up with what others have been talking about in this thread so far so I figured I'd post it.

Perhaps, but this could be totally based off of the app minifigure leaks (the Pilot and Stewardess, Pianist Elton, Mr. Armitage, etc). There isn’t enough new information here to make me believe it’s real. Additionally, the Hidden Side set names have never actually used the names of characters in them (except El Fuego Stunt Truck, which is kinda the name of the vehicle) so directly calling out the character names leaked from the app seems fishy to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, legozebra said:

Perhaps, but this could be totally based off of the app minifigure leaks (the Pilot and Stewardess, Pianist Elton, Mr. Armitage, etc). There isn’t enough new information here to make me believe it’s real. Additionally, the Hidden Side set names have never actually used the names of characters in them (except El Fuego Stunt Truck, which is kinda the name of the vehicle) so directly calling out the character names leaked from the app seems fishy to me

Seems pretty reasonable to be skeptical tbh. Like I said its pulled from 4chan which is littered with trolls and such. It's certainly an interesting list regardless, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope we get the ghosts in form of physical minifigures in the next wave. Having all those cool ghosts only as part of the app was kinda disappointing to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new and slightly more legit set list has leaked!

“Inside the Hidden Side”

”Jack’s Truck and Gas Station”

”El Fuego’s Stunt Plane”

”Newbury Haunted Cave”

“Newbury Haunted Lighthouse”

”Newbury Haunted Fairgrounds”

 

Out of all of these, super excited for “Inside the Hidden Side” as thats almost confirmation of ghosts as physical figures, maybe even some of the boss ghosts as seen in this wave. On the regular set side of things, I’m actually oddly excited for a run-down, dilapidated gas station - should be a smaller to mid sized set with an interesting build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, Peasantseverywhere said:

**I posted a list of Hidden Side 2020 sets I’d like to see in the 2019 thread but thought it may belong here instead**

What is everyone hoping for with Hidden Side in 2020? I’ve made a list of my dream sets which you’ll find below;

- Haunted Library £17.99 (Same size as the Lab with two isles of books and a convertible librarian mini figure)

- El Fuegoes Stunt Plane £24.99 (Similar to the plane included in the Monster Fighters Ghost Train with a small side build for the AR possibilities) 

- Haunted Lighthouse £44.99 (Basically the Scooby Doo Lighthouse but with Hidden Side features - built to compliment the shrimp ship) 

- Jack & Parker’s Treehouses £69.99 (Large scale tree house with a slide to an underground base where the team can have scanning computers etc. The monster build could be something as small as a haunted swing set) 

- Supermarket Extraction £109.99 (Large scale supermarket with haunted kiosks and a sign that bursts off with eyes underneath - lots of ghost employees)

Hmmm as it seems I didn’t do the worst job at guessing the sets - 2 sets correct isn’t so bad 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that list turns out to be true, we're in for some good stuff. :thumbup:

I wonder if "Inside the Hidden Side" is one of these minifig packs they do for almost every line. Would be a great opportunity to add three models in regular and ghost form, plus a good character. The HS line would definitely profit from something like this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, legozebra said:

Inside the Hidden Side”

Sounds pretty interesting. I hope we get some of the ghosts in actual physical form in this set.

15 hours ago, legozebra said:

Jack’s Truck and Gas Station

Doesn't sound like anything amazing, but we don't get Gas Stations in LEGO very often (not even in lines like City).

15 hours ago, legozebra said:

”El Fuego’s Stunt Plane

It would probably be similar to El Fuego's Stunt Truck, maybe red or green. It may or may not be interesting, we will see.

 

15 hours ago, legozebra said:

Newbury Haunted Cave”

Ok, I am pretty excited for this one.

15 hours ago, legozebra said:

Newbury Haunted Lighthouse

And this one.

 

15 hours ago, legozebra said:

Newbury Haunted Fairgrounds

I have no idea what this is going to be.

 

So yeah, this sounds like some pretty good stuff. I am pretty excited... And ai really hope we get ghost minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting if these set names turn out to be true, then it means they're sticking to Newbury as the location for Hidden Side Year 2.

I was hoping for (and expecting) more of a global expansion with the kids going on a school trip and encountering different spooks and spectres around the world... Maybe we'll get that if they make a Year 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Interesting if these set names turn out to be true, then it means they're sticking to Newbury as the location for Hidden Side Year 2.

I was hoping for (and expecting) more of a global expansion with the kids going on a school trip and encountering different spooks and spectres around the world... Maybe we'll get that if they make a Year 3?

I think this is still Year 1. Remember Chima? ‘Year 3’ was 2HY 2014 and 1HY 2015. I think ‘Year 2’ of Hidden Side won’t be until this time next year. 

And a ‘Global Hidden Side’ line would be pretty awesome. They could do Japanese yokai, Australian bush spirits . . other kinds of country-specific ghosts I don’t know about . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That list sounds superpromising to me.  I aready was looking for that scooby doo light house, now i shall wait. The gas station, the fair ground and the cave could also be must-haves. I really hope they turn out to be great. 

Inside the hidden side: Maybe a set where the two kids are drawn into the digital world of their cell phones? Or into the ghost world with all its weirdness?

I wasn’t blown away with the possessed minifigpieces (except for the prawn fisherman) so i hope next wave will make better ones. And maybe add in some monsters and ghosts as well instead of just possessed people. 

Edited by Borex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

I think this is still Year 1. Remember Chima? ‘Year 3’ was 2HY 2014 and 1HY 2015. I think ‘Year 2’ of Hidden Side won’t be until this time next year. 

And a ‘Global Hidden Side’ line would be pretty awesome. They could do Japanese yokai, Australian bush spirits . . other kinds of country-specific ghosts I don’t know about . . 

Yeah, I think I might do a video on my ideas for a Hidden Side - World Tour wave...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inside the Hidden Side?

That heck could that be about?

Other than that one, just about what was expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 7:46 PM, Robert8 said:

Inside the Hidden Side?

That heck could that be about?

Other than that one, just about what was expected

Hopefully some physical Ghost boss figures...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only complaint about Hidden Side is lack of variety in monsters.

Personally, instead of using normal figures with swapped heads, I'd have used totally ghostified versions of figures that were in the regular city sets. That would have been a cool continuity bridge. As 'Easter eggs' they could have put some regular city sets in the app and I think kids would have gotten really excited when sets they didn't expect to work did work.

As it stands my son tried to use the juice bar in the app (after several failed attempts to get the app working on only slightly old devices), and was understandably annoyed when it didn't work. He then went right back to Roblox and never tried the app again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As most of you probably know, Hidden Side will return in 2020.

I have seen the retailer catalog for 1HY and I must admit that the sets look quite promising, even if the pictures are not final.

As they are confidential, I welcome anyone not to write me asking pictures or set descriptions as it would be again the forum rules and I'm not intended to go against them.
No exceptions.

I personally have bought every 2019 set including the Juice Bar and I can easily assume I will buy every 2020 set too.

They will be January releases so expect details coming pretty soon!

Sorry I missed there were already a topic I may ask the mods to merge it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen the sets preliminary.
They look super good and I will buy them all.

As usual, I ask please not to ask me pictures, I don't wanna break the forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we find them on Google? If so by which keywords? Are they on a web site outside the USA>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I have seen the retailer catalog for 1HY and I must admit that the sets look quite promising, even if the pictures are not final.

Did you perhaps also see the placeholders for that mysterious "Leaf" theme by any chance? :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Did you perhaps also see the placeholders for that mysterious "Leaf" theme by any chance? :shrug_oh_well:

I can confirm that Leaf is from 2HY so, no.

MINIONS - LEAF - ZEBRA - SERIES 20 - HARRY POTTER are not in 1HY catalog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I can confirm that Leaf is from 2HY so, no.

MINIONS - LEAF - ZEBRA - SERIES 20 - HARRY POTTER are not in 1HY catalog.

Oh, given that we'd heard of this theme so early on, I wasn't at all expecting it to be a 2HY release... :look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.