16 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I mean technically the Arcade Pods are ‘Spinner Type’ sets. Though I do like the Pods a lot more than ordinary spinners. (Very much on the fence about getting one of the Spinjitsu Burst sets just to see what they’re like and maybe  mess with the exclusive pieces .  .)

I just saw Jangbricks’ review of the Fire Stone Mech, and . . yeah I’m pretty much convinced now not to get it. The detailing is good but it just feels out of place compared to the rest of the theme, since it doesn’t tie in with the board game aspect at all. (I wonder if some executive pulled rank on this, like, “We need a mech in this wave,” “But we have a whole board game theme set up across all the sets,” “I don’t care. Mech. Now. And I know this is Cole’s season but Cole isn’t popular and doesn’t sell so make his big set mostly about Kai,” 
Plus it annoys me a lot that this, a vehicle that’s predominantly Kai themed, is Cole’s only large vehicle since 2016 (not counting the Movie), and it comes during what’s supposed to be a Cole themed season. Honestly, they could have made ‘Cole’s Rhino Creature’ and a ‘Fire Ice Mech’. That would have been good. Bleh . .  oh well, guess I’m once again not going to get a full wave of Ninjago sets. I wonder if they’ll ever again make an entire wave that’s just unambiguously good with no filler. 

I think the issue is that different people like different things. For me the Fire Stone Mech is pretty much a must-get—despite not tying in much to the board game aspect, it's a fantastic-looking mech set on its own terms, and the way it blends the aesthetics of two separate elements is really cool to me. The goal of a Ninjago wave generally isn't to encourage fans to collect the full wave of sets (which really only a small percentage of fans would ever even have the means to do), but rather to have something for every sort of fan so that they can pick and choose which sets they like best without feeling left out. With that in mind, one fan's "filler" might be another fan's favorite part of the wave.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I think the issue is that different people like different things.

This pretty much sums it up. I agree that I’m excited for the Fire Stone Mech. Meanwhile, Journey to the Skull Dungeons does nothing for me, despite the praise it’s received from across the fanbase. I wouldn’t hold out for an “unambiguously good” wave of Ninjago because that would look so different to each fan. 

7 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

This pretty much sums it up. I agree that I’m excited for the Fire Stone Mech. Meanwhile, Journey to the Skull Dungeons does nothing for me, despite the praise it’s received from across the fanbase. I wouldn’t hold out for an “unambiguously good” wave of Ninjago because that would look so different to each fan. 

I actually like the whole wave but the Mech will be the last purchase if I get all the sets as I am not that into Mechs.  Although the Monkie kids Mechs are pretty good especially the Monkey King.  I really like the whole wave as it fits into my fantasy castle builds.  I usually buy some Ninjago sets every year just for the figs and they usually have a great parts selection.  Can't wait to get these in the USA.  

Got some new rumors. Apparently there is a new Ninjago Boat and location Build for the Winter. Season sets are very limited this time around. 

1 hour ago, Ninja_whip said:

Got some new rumors. Apparently there is a new Ninjago Boat and location Build for the Winter. Season sets are very limited this time around. 

Huh, interesting. So the focus will be on Legacy? I guess that makes sense with the 10th anniversary and all. Wonder if the show will be shortened as well like March of the Oni.

12 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Huh, interesting. So the focus will be on Legacy? I guess that makes sense with the 10th anniversary and all. Wonder if the show will be shortened as well like March of the Oni.

Ye. Mostly Legacy. All for the 10 years 

Guessing it won't be a Nya season in the first half then, but something Legacy-focused like MotO. Maybe a special?

1 minute ago, GarmaFan said:

Guessing it won't be a Nya season in the first half then, but something Legacy-focused like MotO. Maybe a special?

Probably so. 

6 hours ago, Ninja_whip said:

What boat? Are they making another destiny's bounty? :sceptic:

1 minute ago, azog said:

What boat? Are they making another destiny's bounty? :sceptic:

Can’t say, but it’s not a bounty. It’s new

Another Destiny's Bounty this year wouldn't make any sense unless it was 4+!  (That actually sounds pretty good to me ... :)

24 minutes ago, icm said:

Another Destiny's Bounty this year wouldn't make any sense unless it was 4+!  (That actually sounds pretty good to me ... :)

Not a DB. 

5 hours ago, Ninja_whip said:

Ye. Mostly Legacy. All for the 10 years 

This should be good. They haven’t done a great job of this with past legacy sets, but this is the perfect opportunity (and probably the only opportunity in a while) to give us characters we’ve been missing, especially the remaining EMs, missing Ninja parents, and so on. Wonder how far up we will be getting legacy - will it be up to season 10, or even cover material from seasons 11-12? 

1 minute ago, legozebra said:

This should be good. They haven’t done a great job of this with past legacy sets, but this is the perfect opportunity (and probably the only opportunity in a while) to give us characters we’ve been missing, especially the remaining EMs, missing Ninja parents, and so on. Wonder how far up we will be getting legacy - will it be up to season 10, or even cover material from seasons 11-12? 

I’m excited for what they have in store. You’re definitely right. A perfect opportunity for more minifigures (Gamer Market) type sets!! Everyone has been requesting a CMF, but who knows if that’ll happen. 

1 hour ago, Ninja_whip said:

Can’t say, but it’s not a bounty. It’s new

All good news here then! Because I still want to buy the Legacy Bounty that is coming out in August :blush:

I can only hope the land build is the final battle with the overlord dragon and tower version of garmatron. But I have a feeling it will be Borg tower due to it's demand. Which I wouldn't mind if they put the same amount detail in it like they did in Ninjago City 70620

1 hour ago, azog said:

All good news here then! Because I still want to buy the Legacy Bounty that is coming out in August :blush:

I can only hope the land build is the final battle with the overlord dragon and tower version of garmatron. But I have a feeling it will be Borg tower due to it's demand. Which I wouldn't mind if they put the same amount detail in it like they did in Ninjago City 70620

The legacy Bounty doubles as the Season 13 Bounty. It's a must-own.

@ninja_whip, are you suggesting the upcoming boat is Season 14 or Legacy?

47 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

@ninja_whip, are you suggesting the upcoming boat is Season 14 or Legacy?

I’m pretty sure it has to be Season 14. Other than the Bounty (and the Black Bounty from The Final Battle, technically) the only boat that was significant enough to merit a Legacy set in Ninjago history was the Destiny’s Shadow from 2017. I know there were others but none of them had major roles. (Does anyone even remember when the Katana VII was in the show? And that one unnamed ghost boat was cool but I can’t see it being picked as a Season 5 Legacy over the Morro Dragon or possessed Samurai Mech.) And even four years just seems too early to rerelease a set like the Destiny’s Shadow. 

Pretty sure it’s gonna be something new. 

56 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I’m pretty sure it has to be Season 14. Other than the Bounty (and the Black Bounty from The Final Battle, technically) the only boat that was significant enough to merit a Legacy set in Ninjago history was the Destiny’s Shadow from 2017. I know there were others but none of them had major roles. (Does anyone even remember when the Katana VII was in the show? And that one unnamed ghost boat was cool but I can’t see it being picked as a Season 5 Legacy over the Morro Dragon or possessed Samurai Mech.) And even four years just seems too early to rerelease a set like the Destiny’s Shadow. 

Pretty sure it’s gonna be something new. 

Good call.

The Katana VII was in one brief scene toward the end of Season 8. Ultimately forgettable, and only recently disappeared from stores.

The ghost boat has been done and I have a hard time imagine that being redone as a Legacy set considering almost all the Legacy sets have been hero vehicles.

The Cloud Kingdom flying boats are too niche. Captain Soto's pirate ship? Eh, not memorable enough.

Yeah, has to be new.

1 hour ago, bricksnator said:

Captain Soto's pirate ship? Eh, not memorable enough.

Yeah, has to be new.

Need I remind you that Captain Soto’s ship is the Destiny’s Bounty? :tongue:

Though, come to think, there could be a Legacy Misfortune’s Keep. Or Raid Zeppelin. Just because all the Legacies have been hero vehicles so far doesn’t mean they’ll stay that way . . Though a Legacy Misfortune’s Keep in the same vein as the current Bounty would be huge, definitely a flagship set. I can’t see them doing that, honestly.

12 hours ago, Ninja_whip said:

Maybe that’s because they want to limit Ninjago this year in favor of more Monkie Kid sets? Or perhaps they plan on ending Ninjago soon?

22 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Maybe that’s because they want to limit Ninjago this year in favor of more Monkie Kid sets? Or perhaps they plan on ending Ninjago soon?

2022 content has been confirmed. 

Evergreen means evergreen.

Edited by GarmaFan

From my understanding of @Ninja_whip's post (correct me if I'm wrong), there are two sets that he knows of that are NOT Legacy sets: the boat and one location set. The rest will be Legacy sets covering the entire run of Ninjago. This makes sense because as discussed before, Legacy focuses on hero vehicles and the only prominent hero boat is the DB, which it isn't. Sure, Misfortune's Keep was a big pirate ship but the actual sailing version of it was only in a short flashback, with the rest of its prominence being in flying form.

Speaking of Legacy sets being only hero stuff, I really hope they branch out. I get that kids prefer to play with the "good guy" stuff, but why not give us an Overlord Dragon, Preeminent, Great Devourer, etc? Like, I can get the logic behind not remaking some random villain side vehicle like an Anacondrai truck or ghost bike, but these are the big, season-finale villains that we haven't really got any decent representations of in the past (or in the case of the first two, any representation in sets at all). 

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Speaking of Legacy sets being only hero stuff, I really hope they branch out. I get that kids prefer to play with the "good guy" stuff, but why not give us an Overlord Dragon, Preeminent, Great Devourer, etc? Like, I can get the logic behind not remaking some random villain side vehicle like an Anacondrai truck or ghost bike, but these are the big, season-finale villains that we haven't really got any decent representations of in the past (or in the case of the first two, any representation in sets at all). 

I personally always thought the Villain vehicles were a lot more appealing then the Hero vehicles, and the fact that so far Legacy has only covered remakes of the Ninja Vehicles is kinda disappointing to me. I really hope we'll get some remakes of sets such as the Skull Truck or the Fangpire Truck instead of more Ninja vehicles.

I hope for a Legacy version of Enter The Serpent (2015)

Or maybe Garmadon's Dark Fortress (2011), which would go nicely with the rest of the updated Skull themed sets of 2019/2020 , and would be a 10-year anniversary set in 2021.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

From my understanding of @Ninja_whip's post (correct me if I'm wrong), there are two sets that he knows of that are NOT Legacy sets: the boat and one location set. The rest will be Legacy sets covering the entire run of Ninjago. This makes sense because as discussed before, Legacy focuses on hero vehicles and the only prominent hero boat is the DB, which it isn't. Sure, Misfortune's Keep was a big pirate ship but the actual sailing version of it was only in a short flashback, with the rest of its prominence being in flying form.

Well. They’re more S14 sets. Just can’t say

6 hours ago, Lego David said:

I personally always thought the Villain vehicles were a lot more appealing then the Hero vehicles, and the fact that so far Legacy has only covered remakes of the Ninja Vehicles is kinda disappointing to me. I really hope we'll get some remakes of sets such as the Skull Truck or the Fangpire Truck instead of more Ninja vehicles.

:)