Sérgio

[MOC] - Miradouro Turistic Train

Hello,

Another Virtual building (sorry I don't have more room or parts to build in real life).

This is a Semi-Turistic train who travels one of the most beautiful landscapes in Portugal, Douro's River.

- English Eletric CP1400 Series Locomotive (with Blue color scheme instead Orange)
- Schindlers Carriges

7wide, 9V , but can have Powerfunctions if the Battery Box and IR Reciever goes on the first car

LEGO - CP Miradouro

LEGO - English Eletric CP1455 with Schindler - Regional MiradouroComboio Miradouro na Estação do Tua, Linha do Douro. Locomotiva CP1413+Schindler.

CP 1413 • Cº 867 • Caldas de Canavezes • 21-05-2019

I love the carriages! Great look and shape and colors. Just make the axles black. The engine is neat but it looks kinda sad, just like the real one. So good job there too! I just built an EMD F7 loco and they too look sad from some angles. 

Really awesome, the carriages make me drewl.
The locomotive is also a feast for the eye, only the horns leave something to desire, they're a bit out of tune.

11 hours ago, coinoperator said:

Really awesome, the carriages make me drewl.
The locomotive is also a feast for the eye, only the horns leave something to desire, they're a bit out of tune.

Thank you :)

Actually, I made this loco in real bricks 5 or 6 years ago and use stickers instead white  sausages (they are not horns :classic:

This time I try to improve without using any stickers/decals :)

S.Bat (@cletus_kassady) new Photo, picture

Impressive!

Just wondering, in the photograph the real train have the vents horizontal, while you did your build with them vertical - is that on purpose?

14 minutes ago, ArneNielsen said:

Impressive!

Just wondering, in the photograph the real train have the vents horizontal, while you did your build with them vertical - is that on purpose?

Thank You,

The main reason is they only are fixed by one line of studs on horizontal, and don't have room to put more studs, if I put one grill horizontal, I don't have nothing(studs) to clutch the second grill.

So, it was a compromise, to assume vertical instead horizontal grills.

5 hours ago, coinoperator said:

I was referring to the horns on the roof of the cabin ,
they're way to big

Sorry my misunderstood, they are big to be more loud :laugh:

Hello again Sérgio, every time I see that 1st photo, wow amazing scene, I love lego trains, and you sir are a master builder, excellent build, CP should throw you money for the great publicity creating these amazing trains that take me back to those great machines instead of these "new" crappy ones. The detail is superb and the way you managed to create the loco cabin is great, im not a fan of the "horns" :D but they work, the passenger wagons are spot on!
Well done m8, well done, keep showing these works of art.

É isso caral**!!! :D