MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The problem is the books are like $20. To me this is worse than buying a set just for the figures as instead of "I got "x" figures and a parts pack" it's "i got a single, really cool figure and a printout of brickset"

Completely agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I hate having to spend $20 on a book I’ll never even glance at just for the figure, but one figure just worth it. Bacta Finn wasn’t worth it. Got him for like $6 on eBay. This Maul is worth it. I doubt he’ll be less than $20 on eBay or BrickLink anyway. To be perfectly honest I may pick up a few. Also, it’s worth noting that if you’re a member at Barnes and Noble you get 10% off every purchase. I think it’s like $25 for a membership but I’ve already more than made that back with all I’ve saved on lego. And they always have these books

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah I hate having to spend $20 on a book I’ll never even glance at just for the figure, but one figure just worth it. Bacta Finn wasn’t worth it. Got him for like $6 on eBay. This Maul is worth it. I doubt he’ll be less than $20 on eBay or BrickLink anyway. To be perfectly honest I may pick up a few

That sounded cheap. Yes that is the problem when they give out sets or merchandise where there is only one unique figure, also look at for example the Phantom or the latest Jedi Starfighter to see how expensive some figures become when there are only one unique figure per sets, lego should stop repeating figures like they do to avoid this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Or hopefully for a Clone Wars version from season 7 next year

I hope fore sure it's Solo, it gives hope for a continuity of Solo products, meanwhile the likelyness of having Clone Wars products is high anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I hope fore sure it's Solo, it gives hope for a continuity of Solo products, meanwhile the likelyness of having Clone Wars products is high anyway.

The figure is definitely Maul from Solo, they were talking about reusing the face if and when Maul appears in season 7 sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

The figure is definitely Maul from Solo, they were talking about reusing the face if and when Maul appears in season 7 sets.

This new face is wayyy better then that creepy smile face from 2015. Hopefully it replaces that version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 8:54 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That exclusive Darth Maul minifig from Solo is absolutely amazing! I always thought he would make a perfect exclusive polybag or promo minifig. It’s just perfection

What book is this please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, legolandia said:

What book is this please?

An upcoming Character Encyclopedia, releasing in April 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

This new face is wayyy better then that creepy smile face from 2015. Hopefully it replaces that version.

Yeah, I agree. Aside from being creepy and weird, it doesn't really feel like it fits Maul's character. It was definitely a downgrade from the face they used for the Maul polybag from 2012 (still better than the hideous Clone Wars head though *shudder*).

I did notice the new head looks a bit aged to match his appearance in Solo though, so maybe it would be better to make a new faceprint for TPM/TCW Maul. It could be used for Rebels Maul too, although I doubt Lego's going back to it anytime soon unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Yeah, I agree. Aside from being creepy and weird, it doesn't really feel like it fits Maul's character. It was definitely a downgrade from the face they used for the Maul polybag from 2012 (still better than the hideous Clone Wars head though *shudder*).

I did notice the new head looks a bit aged to match his appearance in Solo though, so maybe it would be better to make a new faceprint for TPM/TCW Maul. It could be used for Rebels Maul too, although I doubt Lego's going back to it anytime soon unfortunately.

Hopefully after TROS wave three, we get lots of sets based on what we missed during the film-a-year blitz that was 2015-2019. Not that I'm in any way complaining we got so many films, but lego can only do so many sets a year. It would be nice if they went back to rebels/solo/rogue one, although I think only the rogue one sets sold all too well..

I've been looking for arm printing to add to the mando pack, and i think the brown/silver mando would benefit from cyborg's arms from the DC cmf, in addition to the apocalypsburg legs previously mentioned by others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I did notice the new head looks a bit aged to match his appearance in Solo though, so maybe it would be better to make a new faceprint for TPM/TCW Maul. It could be used for Rebels Maul too, although I doubt Lego's going back to it anytime soon unfortunately.

Old Maul vs Old Ben from Rebels would be a pretty damn cool set in the ''duel series'' (alongside Starkiller Base and Mustafar)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Old Maul vs Old Ben from Rebels would be a pretty damn cool set in the ''duel series'' (alongside Starkiller Base and Mustafar)

Except what would the build be? There's not much there. It'd be a great set just for the figures, but the build would either be an 8x16 plate or seriously innaccurate. I think rebels maul is best suited to a malachor set or polybag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Except what would the build be? There's not much there. It'd be a great set just for the figures, but the build would either be an 8x16 plate or seriously innaccurate. I think rebels maul is best suited to a malachor set or polybag.

They could have the campfire and some terrain builds with rocks and little desert plants. Maybe a moisture vaporator for an added build, which is still accurate to the area even though it’s not in that specific scene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the latest issue of EW,

the KoR will have their own ship, currently simply referred to as “pursuit ship”

. This would make for an excellent summer wave set to include the remaining KoR :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Except what would the build be? There's not much there. It'd be a great set just for the figures, but the build would either be an 8x16 plate or seriously innaccurate. I think rebels maul is best suited to a malachor set or polybag.

The Mustafar set is a just a red blob with 2 droidthingies floating on it, that's not even close to accurate either. They could just give us a small campfire build on a sandy platform, maybe some cargo for Ben's Dewback (which wouldn't be included though). But we've once again fallen into the wishlisting area, we should go back to topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I HAVE to have that Maul figure! I haven't ever bought one of the minifig encyclopedias but this is finally a figure worth buying it for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I HAVE to have that Maul figure! I haven't ever bought one of the minifig encyclopedias but this is finally a figure worth buying it for.

Agreed. I think it’s one of the best looking SW minifigures in a long time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Agreed. I think it’s one of the best looking SW minifigures in a long time

Most definitely! It's one that I really wanted but didn't think would happen, especially with the leg printing. I will always prefer his digigrade mechanical legs but I understand why they eventually changed them. The only thing I wish this figure had was a custom build for the lightsaber hilt but I'll probably come up with something. Anyone have an elegant solution to achieve the curved bit that extends out on one of the emitters? I'm still hoping we someday get a longer lightsaber hilt for double-bladed lightsabers.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when we might start hearing about 2020 summer sets? 

Very excited at the possibility of more Mandalorian sets along with the Clone Wars and Fallen order...

Edited by ArrowBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Any idea when we might start hearing about 2020 summer sets? 

Very excited at the possibility of more Mandalorian sets along with the Clone Wars and Fallen order...

There's an april wave coming, although it might just be d-0 and some busts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Any idea when we might start hearing about 2020 summer sets? 

Very excited at the possibility of more Mandalorian sets along with the Clone Wars and Fallen order...

While I'm really looking forward to Mandalorian, Clone Wars and Fallen Order sets I recon the summer wave will probably mostly consist of spoiler sets for TROS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A handful of vague codenames have been uncovered. Last time I alluded to being privy to some knowledge, I was all but summarily executed by other forum members so I shall not divulge further with regards to price points, piece counts and the likely corresponding set content as a point of principle. What I will say is that the few sets I have been made aware of through a trusted source seem more positive than negative. Expect more information through the usual channels in due course. 

Edited by Renown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renown said:

A handful of vague codenames have been uncovered. Last time I alluded to being privy to some knowledge, I was all but summarily executed by other forum members so I shall not divulge further with regards to price points, piece counts and the likely corresponding set content as a point of principle. What I will say is that the few sets I have been made aware of through a trusted source seem more positive than negative. Expect more information through the usual channels in due course. 

Well then may I ask, what is a good wave and a bad wave to you? It will be more clear if you could give an example on your taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.