MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

To those that Preordered Razor Crest
Did LEGO charge you automatically? Or  does it charge you when it ships? 

2 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

They only charge you once its ships :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

Lego charge when it ships usually.

Thanks you both so much 

Edited by 7982Brick2

15 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

In regards to the Anakin figure, the only issue with the Mustafar figure is that his clothes are burned/tattered, so the best thing to do is just take the head from that figure and put it onto the figure from the 2018 Anakin's Starfighter or the one that's to be released this summer.  

And I agree about us not having a normal Anakin figure, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a set that's Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku on board the Invisible Hand yet, it's got all the hallmarks of a duel set (good figure selection, a collapsible balcony section, probably could be done for $60 or less), but that's another discussion altogether.

The invisible hand duel would be a really good idea. I personally would like and Anakin with more of a smirk like his Clone Wars figure or his 2014 interceptor, but without the dreaded headpiece.

Ordered three copies of the book with the Darth Maul minifig. I love the figure and I wanted more of that version of his face print and it doesn’t look likely it’ll pop up in any Clone Wars sets this year. It was discounted too

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Due to that I just bit the bullet and pre-ordered it. I was holding off because if they did end up shutting things down due to the virus I didn't want a huge hassle to get my $130 back.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ordered three copies of the book with the Darth Maul minifig. I love the figure and I wanted more of that version of his face print and it doesn’t look likely it’ll pop up in any Clone Wars sets this year. It was discounted too

Where did you find it discounted and for how much? I like that maul figure alot but it's not worth $20 to me, but if there's a discount...

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Due to that I just bit the bullet and pre-ordered it. I was holding off because if they did end up shutting things down due to the virus I didn't want a huge hassle to get my $130 back.

Where did you find it discounted and for how much? I like that maul figure alot but it's not worth $20 to me, but if there's a discount...

Amazon and Barnes and Noble for members

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apparantly the Maul book stated the Arc Trooper (the one from the 1 battlepack) was available in 7 sets :laugh_hard:

Wouldn't that have been nice. maybe then he wouldn't be so expensive on bricklink! 

I find it funny that the book even exists, given that at this point even most children are able to use the internet and find brickset/bricklink/etc, all of which contain more information and are more accurate than the book, if it wasn't for the figures they wouldn't sell at all.

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Amazon and Barnes and Noble for members

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The minifig is all I care about anyway

Me too but if a Character Encyclopedia has tons of mistakes it makes it way more useless

"Mistakes" isn't necessarily the right word. "Omissions" is more accurate. But I understand some of his criticisms. It's a nice looking book, and it has a TON of information. I'm sure I'll enjoy thumbing through it when my copy eventually arrives. I had preordered from Amazon a while back. Says it has shipped and will arrive 4/14-4/15? Yikes! Not that I care. It's a frivolous book purchase. I'm glad they're prioritizing other shipments.

1 hour ago, autolycus said:

"Mistakes" isn't necessarily the right word. "Omissions" is more accurate. But I understand some of his criticisms. It's a nice looking book, and it has a TON of information. I'm sure I'll enjoy thumbing through it when my copy eventually arrives. I had preordered from Amazon a while back. Says it has shipped and will arrive 4/14-4/15? Yikes! Not that I care. It's a frivolous book purchase. I'm glad they're prioritizing other shipments.

Yeah, amazon's got to triage here, given what's going on. And yeah, it's more omissions than mistakes in that video (though there are apparently plenty of mistakes, too).

On 4/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, 7982Brick2 said:

On 4/7/2020 at 10:58 PM, Lego-Freak said:

On 4/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, Hold0511 said:

Lego charge when it ships usually.

It must depend on where you are located because in Australia my card was charged for the full amount immediately. I had to call and cancel the order. I’ll wait to see what the May 4th holds and pre-order then if it’s an attractive promo.

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the arrival of their May the Fourth promotional advertisement in the mail?  That's always a highlight of my April, but I can't remember what time of the month it usually gets sent out.

Although I suppose the set would need to be officially revealed first...come on, Green Leader, why aren't you standing by?  :grin:

Edited by RogueTwo

57 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the arrival of their May the Fourth promotional advertisement in the mail?  That's always a highlight of my April, but I can't remember what time of the month it usually gets sent out.

Although I suppose the set would need to be officially revealed first...come on, Green Leader, why aren't you standing by?  :grin:

I’m sure it won’t be long now, but this has been such a long time coming already. It’s funny how both of the campaigns started by MandRproductions are coming to fruition this year. The A-Wing has been wanted for a long time by fans as the last Alliance fighter to be made as a UCS, but I think he started the whole #completethefleet thing. And I don’t think I need to mention the 501st battle pack thing. Just an observation. Maybe he sold his soul for this

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And I don’t think I need to mention the 501st battle pack thing. Just an observation. Maybe he sold his soul for this

:laugh: 

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

It must depend on where you are located because in Australia my card was charged for the full amount immediately. I had to call and cancel the order. I’ll wait to see what the May 4th holds and pre-order then if it’s an attractive promo.

So you do get the promotions that were active at the time of pre-order? I might end up calling and cancelling then, as I'm not getting the UCS A-wing.

Is there any indication what figures will be included in the new Anakin's interceptor and AAT other than the obvious?

I hope the Jedi interceptor has another figure in addition to Anakin and R2.

Just now, CNF said:

Is there any indication what figures will be included in the new Anakin's interceptor and AAT other than the obvious?

Looking at previous Interceptors I would advise expecting only Anakin and R2, that way if there is a 3 figure you can only be surprised instead of disappointed. 

We don't know anything about the AAT, not even how many figures there are or what it's based off (other than Clone Wars)

2 hours ago, CNF said:

Nothing yet, technically we don't even know for sure Anakin and R2 are coming with the Interceptor even though it's obvious that they would.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

:laugh: 

So you do get the promotions that were active at the time of pre-order? I might end up calling and cancelling then, as I'm not getting the UCS A-wing.

No I didn’t. The active promo at the time was the 40th anniversary holiday train and Dots mini frame, neither of which I cared for. The weird thing is though the order is still displaying as ‘in process’ but with a zero dollar value on all the items. The guy on the phone assured me it was canceled so I’m not sure why it still says in process? It’s been like that for three weeks. Strange. 

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

No I didn’t. The active promo at the time was the 40th anniversary holiday train and Dots mini frame, neither of which I cared for. The weird thing is though the order is still displaying as ‘in process’ but with a zero dollar value on all the items. The guy on the phone assured me it was canceled so I’m not sure why it still says in process? It’s been like that for three weeks. Strange. 

Huh. I'd assume it's due to the virus making staff cuts or people having to work from home. I can't log in to my account right now, it takes me to the homescreen when I press "log in", and I've noticed a few other problems.

5 hours ago, CNF said:

Unfortunately, no. 

Anakin and Artoo will be in the interceptor, as @Guyon2002 said there probably won't be anyone else, though it would be a nice surprise.

We can assume the tank has at least one B1 of some form, but other than that it could be anyone from Ahsoka, Jesse, and Maul to a single p2 shiny.

I would take an educated guess and say the AAT is clone wars based. I don’t think LEGO would just release one set relating to it espically when they can release the most advertised trooper of the season on its poster as a minifig as well as ahsoka on the other main poster.The AAT does also happen to be shown in an upcoming episode.Lego does need to change anakins hair piece though it looks so out of place to me.

Edited by Displayedaction