Vonsek

LEGO 2019 Stranger Things Rumours Discussion

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Puresh said:

What's the interior of the upside down version of the house? Same stuff in black / grey or is there some sort of Demogorgon nest in there? 

Exactly the same just with a different colour scheme, then a few leaves and stuff scattered around to make it look overgrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Puresh: Here‘s your menu: dark brown legs with a sauce of green torso, decorated with jacket print and t-shirt underneath, garnished with new face print and Hermione hair :head_back: Bon apétit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Puresh: Here‘s your menu: dark brown legs with a sauce of green torso, decorated with jacket print and t-shirt underneath, garnished with new face print and Hermione hair :head_back: Bon apétit

Sounds and looks tasty enough :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame Jane uses a cloth skirt rather than a printed or plastic one and I'm not sure about Her or Lucas's hair, though I'm sure they'll include her non wig hair as it is much more iconic.

I wonder if we'll get a nose bleed face for Jane as well, possibly too graphic for lego but they did make that bruised Iron Man face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Exactly the same just with a different colour scheme, then a few leaves and stuff scattered around to make it look overgrown

How is it connected underneath? Is there a stand so you could like, flip it?`

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LostKnight said:

How is it connected underneath? Is there a stand so you could like, flip it?`

It stands on the trees around it, you can easily flip it around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Puresh said:

It stands on the trees around it, you can easily flip it around 

Can you remove them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LostKnight said:

How is it connected underneath? Is there a stand so you could like, flip it?`

the trees act as stands and it looks like you could stand it so that the upside down is on top. It's hard to describe how they're connected, there's a layer in the middle which connects them, I imagine it's similar to the classic batcave

Just now, LostKnight said:

Can you remove them?

looks like they're mostly structural so I'd guess you can't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LostKnight said:

When do you think pics will be leaked?

 

I'm 99% likely to share the pictures I have. I won't share them on here because I don't want to break any of the community rules so I'll be putting them in my instagram story. I'm not trying to promote myself, I just want to avoid breaking eurobricks rules. Likewise I'll only be putting the pics in more story as I don't want any of my posts being banned or having my account closed. They're personal photos not the official release images, but they're from inside a LEGO store so you know they're genuine and not just a MOC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow, now I'm really excited for this set! :purrr: :oh:  Looks like my designs for my Ideas set weren't too far off either so that's pretty cool! :shrug_oh_well:

12 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I'm 99% likely to share the pictures I have. I won't share them on here because I don't want to break any of the community rules so I'll be putting them in my instagram story. I'm not trying to promote myself, I just want to avoid breaking eurobricks rules. Likewise I'll only be putting the pics in more story as I don't want any of my posts being banned or having my account closed. They're personal photos not the official release images, but they're from inside a LEGO store so you know they're genuine and not just a MOC

I mean it's your choice, and I can't wait to see the images just as much as the next person - but releasing the images could get you in to serious trouble, couldn't it? I'm sure you know the risks, but the info you've already graced us with is definitely enough to hold us over for the next few weeks.

Edited by Foxes Productionz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I wonder if we'll get a nose bleed face for Jane as well, possibly too graphic for lego but they did make that bruised Iron Man face.

It‘s hard to have a nose bleed when you don‘t have... well, a nose :laugh_hard: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, I can't get my friend's (it is their pictures I've seen) permission to post them and I'll respect their wishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s hard to have a nose bleed when you don‘t have... well, a nose :laugh_hard: 

It's posts like this that make wish EB had a like system. :grin:

Just now, legoSDR said:

Sorry guys, I can't get my friend's (it is their pictures I've seen) permission to post them and I'll respect their wishes

Fair enough, we'll get official pictures in less than two weeks anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Descriptions are out. I did not expect them to try and replicate the upside down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, strangely said:

@legoSDR

Do all the kids use medium legs?

yes all kids us the medium moveable legs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Sorry guys, I can't get my friend's (it is their pictures I've seen) permission to post them and I'll respect their wishes

No worries. What's the (aprox.) footprint of this thing? Bigger or smaller than a 32X32 baseplate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Sorry guys, I can't get my friend's (it is their pictures I've seen) permission to post them and I'll respect their wishes

That stinks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

yes all kids us the medium moveable legs

Thanks for the info!

I'm glad they're releasing those legs in so many colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

The Byers house with details to the front and interior, with an open sided face to look into it. It contains Will's room, the writing on the wall, and the corner of the living room with an armchair. Plus a black rope (like Spidey's web) with Christmas lights. There is a tree attached to either side of the building, which isn't accurate but I believe is for support, which will make sense in the next paragraph.

Attached directly underneath is the Upside Down version of the house. It's an almost exact copy of the house but in black/grey/white colours, with added Upside Down features like vines and leaves. There are also Upside Down versions of the trees on either side which stand the build up a few centimetres from the ground like it's on stilts. The leaves on the UD trees are midnight blue/purple (can't quite tell).

Holy. Bricking. Crap. So that is how they're going to execute the Upside-Down, in the last way I expected them to... :distressed:

On 4/23/2019 at 10:15 AM, Digger of Bricks said:
On 4/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, Vonsek said:

I feel like there is definitely not going to be a whole other house in Upside down form; thinking they’ll do small portions, like rooms etc.

My guess is there'll be a "corrupted" Upside-Down copy of the front of Joyce's House on the opposite side of the "real-world" front of the house where the house's back would otherwise be. I mean, yeah, I wasn't at all expecting to see something like this:

 

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:
On 4/30/2019 at 6:09 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for his rejected LEGO Ideas project, @Foxes Productionz gave him a recolor of the skullcap introduced for Series 16's Scallywag Pirate:wink:

Stranger Things LEGO IDEAS SET

Seems you were right!

You must mean @Foxes Productionz was right! :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

No worries. What's the (aprox.) footprint of this thing? Bigger or smaller than a 32X32 baseplate?

hard to tell but I'd say it's close to 32x16 (total guess based on the image)

11 minutes ago, strangely said:

Thanks for the info!

I'm glad they're releasing those legs in so many colors.

me too! lots of great uses for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I’m really impressed with what Lego is going for here, it’s nice to see more sets that specifically target their adult audience and with the overwhelming poplarity of this show and the hype of season three coming up, I imagine this set will sell very well. I’ll definitely be giving Eleven the Finn hairpiece since that’s much more iconic than the blonde wig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I might keep my Eleven bald

i know it’s early days, but it would be cool if they did a D2C for each season. A Stranger Things 2 set of the Hawkins energy building would be awesome, have the hole to the upside down and include demodogs, Bob, Max, Steve etc. Along with punk Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.