7 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

@Stephan In the announcement thread, you said 22169 instead of 46882 for the added decor :wink:

Fixed!

14 hours ago, zweifuss said:

Thanks @polymaker it's looking great! BTW, what does the capped/grabbing check boxes mean? I'm guessing capping is for pin holes, and grabbing is for the hooks grabbing the 3.2mm elements? 

The capping check boxes are for the "startCapped" and "endCapped" attributes used by Axel and Slider connections.
To explain simply, when enabled, it acts like a collision at the start/end to prevent parts from going further.

EL0OktN.png

The grabbing check boxes are a little more "tricky", they represent the "grabbing" and "requireGrabbing" attributes of Axel connections.
The tricky part is that unlike the previous attributes, the Axel connection has either the "grabbing" attribute or "requireGrabbing" but never both.
I don't know what is the difference between the two and I also never experimented to understand what it does in LDD.

Both attributes can be true or false, so in Brick Studio I made the "Is grabbing" check box control the value (true/false) and the "Is grabbing required" control which attribute is used (grabbing / requireGrabbing)

WL7xa7y.png

On 8/19/2020 at 11:50 PM, Kuramapika1 said:

Hello:

You are right. I will try to fix the issue using Blender (or LDPE); as well as the sheets.

Part 6642: I look at it and fix the problem.

By "Radii" are you talking about the RC motors? I take a look at it and any other problem. I corrected the steering unit, because the collisions prevented some connections (but I'm hesitant to "add" more collision boxes.

And submit the ZR Tyre I forget to add with other "old" Technics parts, i.e. Action Figure.

Can you point me to a link where I can download the RC motors? Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Please note that the Cable Holder of the Control+ XL motor is colored Dark Stone Grey in the Mindstorms palette. In real life this should be Light Stone Grey!!

A new versions of the Mindstorms Palette file will be available today in 20200822.

What? No. Only LBG part is front assembly.

Also your github lacks my train/rails category icon fix (MainGroupDividers/274.png).

10 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

What? No. Only LBG part is front assembly.

Oh, I was updating my Liebherr model in LDD and in the instructions the cable holder was LBG...

11 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

Also your github lacks my train/rails category icon fix (MainGroupDividers/274.png).

I will add it in the next update!

1 minute ago, Equilibrium said:

@Stephan Maybe a missprint? I'm holding one in my hand and it's DBG :P

I just checked as well on YouTube. Thanks for the notification!

9 hours ago, talent hunter said:

If there is anyone who is interested in earning some money please let me know. We need someones help to add Cada parts to LDD system. You may contact me on martin.p@doubleeagle.cc

I'm not sure what the ethics are at Eurobricks in regards to Chinese knock-off Lego bricks. I'd be careful... If I'm out of line please correct me, mods...

10 hours ago, talent hunter said:

If there is anyone who is interested in earning some money please let me know. We need someones help to add Cada parts to LDD system. You may contact me on martin.p@doubleeagle.cc

We really can't add parts from other brands. LDD is still the property of The LEGO Group and will at least stay that as long as it is downloadable from the site. I don't think TLG would be happy for us to include bricks from competitor brands...

Once again, is there any easy way to add this to Apple computers? I followed the instructions here and it appears that iMacs overwrite the file from here and instead defaults back to the file that was installed with LDD. Even when I delete the default file the computer replaces it with a brand new one. Any other Apple users here who have found a solution? 

On 8/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, Lo var Lachland said:

Once again, is there any easy way to add this to Apple computers? I followed the instructions here and it appears that iMacs overwrite the file from here and instead defaults back to the file that was installed with LDD. Even when I delete the default file the computer replaces it with a brand new one. Any other Apple users here who have found a solution? 

I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and have no problems in using the new parts.

I do as follows:

1) Go to Folder "/Users/myusername/Library/Application\ Support/LEGO\ Company/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/" and extract the db.lif file in that folder using  JrMasterModelBuilders LIFExtractor.py python script.

This will extract db.lif to a new folder called db in the above mentioned folder - "/Users/myusername/Library/Application\ Support/LEGO\ Company/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer/db/"

After that rename the file db.lif to somethinglike db_backup.lif

2) Get the new parts from this topic:

3) Extract the parts packs (i.e. Primitives.rar)

4) Add and replace the files (not the folders) in the db folder and its subfolders with the files from the parts packs.

For example in the parts pack there is a "Primitives" folder, copy all files from there to the ..../db/Primitives folder. Same with the "Primitives/LOD0" folder and so on.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:04 AM, SylvainLS said:

Okay, I made a gitlab repository here.

I added the new official colours:

• 341  Tr. Bright Orange Glitter
  • 351  Tr. Bright Green Glitter
  • 353  Vibrant Coral
  • 360  Tr. Clear Opal
  • 362  Tr. Blue Opal
  • 364  Tr. Med. Red. Violet Opal

And added a name to all the colours LDD already knew.

There’s an LXF with all the colours used.

If someone wants to fork, make pull request, or simply send me the German names….

Could we have references of which parts are using this color ? I have trouble in finding for ex parts that use 341 as a color in real life.

Edited by M2m

11 minutes ago, Stephan said:

As of today it's only this part: LINK and a NINJAGO spinner piece.

Thanks ! Are those pieces available in LDD (mod) ?

Edited by M2m

4 hours ago, M2m said:

Are those pieces available in LDD

No, not yet unfortunately :(

After what feels like a month of work and tinkering, I think I'm ready to release these files. The big saucer part doesn't have proper collisions yet, but the connections should be working. Please test these out if you can. I made decorations too, which was a lot of fun learning about texture baking in Blender. I even did a fake metal texture on these using some basic effects. The files I worked on are as follows:

1. 30116 - 14 x 14 x 2.677 QUARTER SAUCER TOP. 3 Decorations added - UFO Pattern Left, UFO Pattern Right, and Millennium Falcon Pattern. COLLISIONS NOT COMPLETED YET.
  2. 30117/30320- 10 x 10 x  2.333 Quarter Saucer Top. 2 Decorations added - UFO Pattern Left, UFO Pattern Right
  3. 30118 - WING 4x8x3 1/3 2x4 BELOW. Made the center studs hollow like the real life piece. Added 2 decorations - Silver/Orange/Black UFO Pattern and  Silver/Orange/Black UFO Logo Pattern
  4. 30119 - WING 4x8x3 1/3 2x4 ABOVE. 1 decoration - Silver/Orange/Black UFO Pattern

Here is a zip file of all the contents, including decorations. The 'DecorationMapping.xml' file needs to have the following lines added (I have also added my DecorationMapping.xml file if you wish to use it)

<Mapping decorationID="301166" designID="30116" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301167" designID="30116" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301168" designID="30116" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301177" designID="30320" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301178" designID="30320" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301198" designID="30119" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301198" designID="30118" surfaceID="1"/>    
    <Mapping decorationID="301188" designID="30118" surfaceID="1"/>    

BTW, is there a rule of what we need to call the decorationID numbers? I just kind of made mine up.

https://bricksafe.com/files/zweifuss/ldd-new-and-modified-parts/UFO_PARTS_2020-09-02.zip - file to unzip into the 'db' folder.

https://bricksafe.com/files/zweifuss/ldd-new-and-modified-parts/UFOS.lxf - File that I worked on to try the parts out

1280x699.jpg

wasnt sure which post to ask this but on my old laptop i had a version of ldd where i could colour each part of a minifog arm and now on my new laptop i re downloaded ldd and i can no longer do that anyone know what i need to do to re enable that

Edited by SteelRiftGaming

1 hour ago, SteelRiftGaming said:

wasnt sure which post to ask this but on my old laptop i had a version of ldd where i could colour each part of a minifog arm and now on my new laptop i re downloaded ldd and i can no longer do that anyone know what i need to do to re enable that

You need to be in LDD Extended.  Menu View | New themes | LDD Extended.  The paint tool works differently but you can colour everything in any colour.  There’s also many more parts than in LDD “normal.”

You can switch modes any time.  Saving a file saves the last mode in which it has been edited so you’ll be in that mode when you open the file, but you can still change afterward.

9 hours ago, zweifuss said:

After what feels like a month of work and tinkering, I think I'm ready to release these files. The big saucer part doesn't have proper collisions yet, but the connections should be working. Please test these out if you can. I made decorations too, which was a lot of fun learning about texture baking in Blender. I even did a fake metal texture on these using some basic effects. The files I worked on are as follows:

1. 30116 - 14 x 14 x 2.677 QUARTER SAUCER TOP. 3 Decorations added - UFO Pattern Left, UFO Pattern Right, and Millennium Falcon Pattern. COLLISIONS NOT COMPLETED YET.
  2. 30117/30320- 10 x 10 x  2.333 Quarter Saucer Top. 2 Decorations added - UFO Pattern Left, UFO Pattern Right
  3. 30118 - WING 4x8x3 1/3 2x4 BELOW. Made the center studs hollow like the real life piece. Added 2 decorations - Silver/Orange/Black UFO Pattern and  Silver/Orange/Black UFO Logo Pattern
  4. 30119 - WING 4x8x3 1/3 2x4 ABOVE. 1 decoration - Silver/Orange/Black UFO Pattern

Here is a zip file of all the contents, including decorations. The 'DecorationMapping.xml' file needs to have the following lines added (I have also added my DecorationMapping.xml file if you wish to use it)

<Mapping decorationID="301166" designID="30116" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301167" designID="30116" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301168" designID="30116" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301177" designID="30320" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301178" designID="30320" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301198" designID="30119" surfaceID="1"/>
    <Mapping decorationID="301198" designID="30118" surfaceID="1"/>    
    <Mapping decorationID="301188" designID="30118" surfaceID="1"/>    

BTW, is there a rule of what we need to call the decorationID numbers? I just kind of made mine up.

https://bricksafe.com/files/zweifuss/ldd-new-and-modified-parts/UFO_PARTS_2020-09-02.zip - file to unzip into the 'db' folder.

https://bricksafe.com/files/zweifuss/ldd-new-and-modified-parts/UFOS.lxf - File that I worked on to try the parts out

1280x699.jpg

Kewl!!!

14 hours ago, zweifuss said:

No, I used the 6-digit DesignID, but that doesn't work in the custom pallet. So I just reverted back to 5-digit numbers. I will assign free numbers to your pictures and in the DecorationMapping.xml.

Expect an update soon, with some updated parts and collisions.

Edited by Stephan