alex54

Review: 7624 Indiana Jones - Jungle Duel

Cheers for the review. I think this set has a lot going for it. I mean, it's cheap, it's got two new hairpieces, a tent (which I've not seen in a set for years), an Indy fig, new pieces, chrome (what is it with chrome this year?), cool figs and... some other things, that I can't think of.

*Adds set to 'must buy' list. No, seriously, I have a 'must buy' list.

yet again, nice review. the only reason im getting this set is because its so cheap and it has a variety of parts. the new guy minifig is cool, i havent seen him in the movies, and his face is cheesy, but his jacket and hair will be good material for customs. theres the blue trousers again, i love em! :wub: the tent looks rather weird... could you show that and the sword holder in more detail, please?

:classic::thumbup:

Thank you for the nice review.

a great little set with many usefull pieces and 2 whole new characters..

I think Mutt has sad something bad about Irina´s cooking or something :tongue:

I look forward to this set. :classic:

Wow, Irina's hair piece looks perfect as one for a minifig of Ihurah, a goddess from my sci-fi! :blush:

Edited by Kahgarak

Thank you for the nice review.

a great little set with many usefull pieces and 2 whole new characters..

I think Mutt has sad something bad about Irina´s cooking or something :tongue:

I look forward to this set. :classic:

Yeah, he has that 'Oh, you know, I didn't mean it that way...(Indy, get the revolver) Come on, I couldn't've mean that...(Indy, get the sword) Here, have some chicken! (INDY!)'

:tongue:

Another great review, this set looks very good for pieces, the new ant mould, the hairpieces, swords, the tent and other things makes it an appealing set!

One thought I have about the whole IJ line is that Indiana's outfit must be starting to smell a bit ripe... :sick:

Seriously though. In all of the what, 9 sets we have now. In every one of them Indy is wearing the exact same outfit. Not a different hat or torso or legs or anything. I hope at some point they will have an Indy with some sort of new duds. :wacko:

OK, I accept this set has ants in it, but I still love em'

I really like the tent as well (i might have said before) but who's meant to use it?

At least there are loads and loads of weapons!

NOTE: This set will probably cost £8.99 in the UK

Just got the set today £8.99 Woolworths in the UK.

Its a neat little set, and the ants are cool, the new male hair piece is a little strange and does not seem to look right, but its a cool set with some original bricks etc.

Thanks for the pics and the review. :thumbup:

could someone please post a pic with a closeup of all the weapons? that would be great, thanks :classic::thumbup:

could someone please post a pic with a closeup of all the weapons? that would be great, thanks :classic::thumbup:

The weapons included are all old stuff, 2 cutlass, 2 daggers, 1 castle sword, 1 gold katana, & Indy's whip and thats it. why the need for a pic?? :classic:

sorry, lego lyons, i dont buy castle at all, so i dont know about lego swords much. i know theres a gold katana ( :wub: ) but the others... so thanks though. the cutlass is the pirate-y one right? and i know the rest, thanks!

but you said "thats it". thats actually quite alot of weapons, especially for such a small set! :laugh:

The set is at Shop at home now.

I just finished building this. I think it is an amazing set. It does not have a ton of pieces but the ones it has are fantastic. Tons of food related items and the breakaway table is a fun concept.

Great set :thumbup: !

In America perhaps, but not for most of us Europeans :cry_sad:

Yeah, this sucks big time

One thought I have about the whole IJ line is that Indiana's outfit must be starting to smell a bit ripe... :sick:

Seriously though. In all of the what, 9 sets we have now. In every one of them Indy is wearing the exact same outfit. Not a different hat or torso or legs or anything. I hope at some point they will have an Indy with some sort of new duds. :wacko:

I totally agree. They did it for Batman, even within the first wave which had not even 5-6 sets. Im sure if these sets sell (which I bet they are) well see a second year (hopefully) with new torsos, even a new expression would be nice.

I just got this set and it came with three sabres.... is that normal or did I get lucky :classic: ?

I just got this set and it came with three sabres.... is that normal or did I get lucky :classic: ?

I believe it is normal because I got 3 as well.

I bought this today. Nice set but lots of loose pieces are easily lost. I would have preferred a base to the tent to minimise this (and don't tell me me MOC one as that's not the point).

£8.99 from Woolworths.

I think I'll appreciate it a whole lot better when I've seen the film (next Thursday :grin: )

I think I'll appreciate it a whole lot better when I've seen the film (next Thursday :grin: )

I've already advance-booked the tickets, it's gonna be awesome :thumbup:

(and it will also clarify why some sets are what they are :sweet:

I agree with yous guys, the set will be better once I see the movie. I know a guy who will take me to a special screening! :thumbup: Hope it will be good!