steph77

Steph77's Moc corner - Porsche Nine-Eleven

Hi Steph,

Very good progress so far. I love your helicopters and am happy you began another one.

Waiting for more progress :wink:

One question: do you know the overall scale of this little baby? because I'd like to put it on a lowboy trailer...

Hi all,

Probably last post for this year. Time to wish you all the best for upcoming year 2020.

I spend last days to summurise what i wanted for my next heli project and i am actually  in between of two ideas.

So i'll build the two ;)

As previously explained, i want my next model to be a static demonstrator of how a helicopter fly and therefore i want to higlight all the command setup, linkage and so much more.

My constatation is that based on the huey scale, this goal cannot be reached due to lack of space Inside the model.

So i let my imagination have a free ride this time.

I let you here two pictures of my heli collection, so you'll know what i'll prepare you for this next year…

GzLRlh.jpg

New flybar concept on fully articulated rotor

q75l66.jpg

Cheers.

Steph.

Edited by steph77

First of all, let me wish you all the best for this new year. And, as a new year must always begin with a good copter project...

UH-77 LIBERATOR

take 03

59yV1G.jpg

A lot of work since last post I must say.

First and it's important, this model is a fully rebuilt one. I redesigned the whole mechanical part in order to have a real free space in the cockpit. From the rotor mast to the front, no mechanics, only free space!

here it is:

zIHeYP.jpg

Next I designed the flight control in my AW169 's spirit, but improved.

On the left side you have the cyclic joystick, and on the right side you'll find two levers. One for the collective pitch and one for the tail rotor pitch.

I separate these function just because they are in real life.

I also finalised the main transmission shaft and connected it to a crank on the right side, just behind the cockpit door.

The design:

fMb4VB.jpgBySren.jpg

I managed to fit all the function with about 6 studs less in width compared to the 169. This results in a cool thin cab, giving to the blades more  expressions.

The two front doors actually opens, and I keep space for the rear sliding doors that are still to build.

I place a simple hand operated winch on the side. Command is simply by the 12T gear placed on the vertical pillar of the rear cab.

Ov6xvH.jpg

I used some coast guard like colour scheme. The identification number two on the nose is for the MK2 of this Huey like model.

The rear end integrated the tail rotor transmission shaft and the pitch control system.

The two rear panel (under @efferman custom parts) are open able giving a nice look at the control rods.

d73sTo.jpg

The top view shows a complete panelled and closed design of the main cab. It is also the case for the underside view

The main rotor head integrate a fake bell stabilisation system and offer very large range of movement for the blades. The main rotor is a fully articulated one.

I could build the full hiller-Bell mecha, but it seems to be a bit bulky at this scale.

3CY9V3.jpgdBtg6v.jpg

Last picture before further updates:

oPlP1T.jpg

All comments, advice or criticism are always welcome!

Steph.

Edited by steph77
spelling...

Hi,

I finally get time to finish this model.

Here is a short video of it. Enjoy

Edited by steph77

Hi,

I am actually working on a project of a pickup truck in the scale of the TLG Porsche and Chiron.

This will be my big project for 2020...

As very very very preliminary stage, here is a view of the global scale of the project. I know the chassis is awefully built, not optimized at all. All this will be rebuilt, event the axles...

ynqhyT.jpg

Overall this hopefully will have these features:

- front wheels steering with HOG and functional steering wheel

- suspensions on all wheel, independent, and basic double wishbone setup (work well and more convenient in order to fit all other functions)

- detachable one piece bodywork, as I want it to be really exiting...inside

- Gulf colorsheme

- all manual, no rc elements

On Power function POV (trying to bring some fresh ideas)

- Motorized front winch

- Motorized opening of the cargo bay cover

- Motorized adjustable seats (front/back and tilting)

- Motorized sunroof

On the transmission POV I do want to achieve this setup:

- a rotary selector (as on the land rover) to select  4WD - 2WD(traction) - 2WD(propulsion) - NEUTRAL.

- a sequential four speed gearbox with control stick between the two front seats.

I am strangling with the transmission mode gearbox.

Does some of you all have an idea or an example of such mechanism?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by steph77

1 hour ago, Oliver 79 said:

Looking good so far. Are those the new tyres from the batmobile? 

Not sure it looks so good :sadnew: it couldn't at this stage...

And no those tires are regular 94.3X38.4 from the unimog and Volvo loader sets.

Still any ideas for my drive mode gearbox?

Got it!

NWZ3K7.jpg

This is based on the rotation of two gearbox selector that have an offset of 1/4 rotation.

With this gearbox I will be able to get a drive mode selector correctly setup and logical to use...

:classic:

Edited by steph77

3 hours ago, steph77 said:

With this gearbox I will be able to get a drive mode selector correctly setup and logical to use...

Maybe I do not see it correctly, but when you engage 4wd-mode, you will lose the drive from/to the V6 engine/gearbox...?! Because on RotaryCatch1 nothing is engaged...

19 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Maybe I do not see it correctly, but when you engage 4wd-mode, you will lose the drive from/to the V6 engine/gearbox...?! Because on RotaryCatch1 nothing is engaged...

True...? i think it needs I go back to the drawing board...

One more rotary catch will be needed...

1 minute ago, steph77 said:

One more rotary catch will be needed...

If you would add a 3rd catch below catch2 (into the 'back' of the RWD 16T gearbox gear) and make catch 2&3 move simultaneously, I think that will solve it.

@steph77: do you have instruction for your UH-77 LIBERATOR? Like the model and the well designed technical concept. Great job!

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 3:57 PM, m3eu said:

@steph77: do you have instruction for your UH-77 LIBERATOR? Like the model and the well designed technical concept. Great job!

Sorry, not files yet. Maybe after my ongoing project :wink:.

And about this project, here is the actual state of the WIP.

- New chassis done

- Transfer box with selectable FWD/4WD/RWD

- Four speeds sequential gearbox done include the selector

- Begining the bodywork.

Pictures:

General overview. This model is enormous. Already have to reinforce front suspensions

The Black 20T is the HOG . It will be locate at the base of the windshild. I find this an elegant solution

The orange gearstick is the lever commanding the sequential 4 speeds gearbox

The gray rotary selector between the seats is the Driving mode selector. 3 position, no neutral so you Always find easily on wich mode you are

ie0RrH.jpg

e3fptK.jpg

Starting from the rear to front. The first section is the Driving mode gearbox. 3 Driving rings are selected alternatively to offer the 3 Driving modes.

The next module is the 4 speeds gearbox.

The only thing i do not like yet, is the appearable connection to the fake engine lateraly at the gearbox stick. The seqential selector takes all the place...

2tYJdg.jpg

View from the Bottom:

huCoWS.jpg

To be continued..

Edited by steph77

Hi all,

First of all i hope you all fit well in these confined times ;)

I have continued the work on this project, here are some progress:

NRNXXY.jpg

Based on the initial programm that was: 

Overall this hopefully will have these features:

- front wheels steering with HOG and functional steering Wheel Done. Due to wheight, the HOG has strong reduction, the steering Wheel run for 2.5 rotation from left stop point to right stop point

- suspensions on all wheel, independent, and basic double wishbone setup (work well and more convenient in order to fit all other functions) Done. The double wishborne setup is completed with one extra link+ one anti-roll bar, front and rear.

- detachable one piece bodywork, as I want it to be really exiting...Inside Not done. Due to the size (first moc for me at this scale) i had to re-enforce the cell's structure, using diagonal beams in every direction. At this point the body doesn't bend even a little bit but at the price of non removable bodywork

- Gulf colorsheme Finally using a dark azur coloursheme. Need some command from the shop to finish the model. I still Don't know if the shop's still open thought...

- all manual, no rc elements Done and also for the next section:

On Power function POV (trying to bring some fresh ideas)

- Motorized front winch Finally using a manual edition of it, with cliket system, fun and convenient to use

- Motorized opening of the cargo bay cover Same, manual via HOG and a mini LA

- Motorized adjustable seats (front/back and tilting) Seats can be adjust front and back via a 20T gear connected to a wormgear on a direction 7L rack, both of them + The seats can be tillt via a lever

- Motorized sunroof No sun roof at this time but space enough to continue it's design

I also had some little functions. All doors will get a proper lock system. Actually driver's door and back bonnet vertical doors have been equiped.

The car has also a 4 speeds sequential gearbox commanded by the central lever, a 4 position  Driving mode selector with enable 4WD/FWD/RWD and neutral position. This needed a full rebuild of the gearbox drive mode but it is enjoyable now.

The upper roof rack supports a camping fabric and ther is enough room in the rear trunk to receive a a coffer with all the parts to build a tent (my daughter's idea)

Some picture waiting the missing parts:

interrior view with the 5 places, rear seats are foldable, you can see the rotary Driving mode switch between front seats, also the gearbox selector:

5Q4l5n.jpg

Full opened:

tTfiHU.jpg

detail of the engine bay and winch:

qNM8md.jpg

I told you that this model doesn't bend at all in any circonstance:

5ld6W7.jpg

Hope you'll like it

steph.

Hello!

So, I will present to you what I have been able to achieve so far.

I reworked the roof, the A-pillars, the windshield, the roof rack + a series of structural and purely technical optimizations.
Some general pictures of the surroundings, with more different angles of view:

Depending on my stock (more liftarm of 7L for example), I tried to standardize the colors of the doors in particular

yM9IRM.jpg

Integration of the panels on the back with respect for the curvature of the wheel arch,

ZT1Ats.jpg

Finishing the rear drop side and the 'corners' of the vehicle

swSqd6.jpg

d5eJav.jpg

I do not show you the right side because short of dark azure piece, there is no body on this side.

The opening elements. As for the rear trunk I replaced his HOG on the roof with a good old crank. Besides the fact that its use is more fun, it also distinguishes it from that of management

F9JAq8.jpg

The roof rack has been resized and the roof completely rebuilt. The choice of black is due to the inventory available. I tried to match the outline of the windshield with the roof panels. What do you think? better, right?
I6WLAO.jpg

View from below where you will notice that I have highlighted the seat advance controls. discreet and quite functional at the end of the day.
You can also see the suspension setup there. I had to go to 3 shock absorbers on the front. I could have a more 'clean' scheme by modifying the hooking point but this would be at the cost of a significantly lower damping stroke. Given the vehicle this is not the goal, so go for 3 shock absorbers per front wheel. You will also notice the integration of the stepper in the vertical of the gear lever.

xDLK19.jpg

The front and rear suspensions are fitted with an additional arm and an anti-roll bar each.
f47Ouh.jpg

The rear suspats. If you look at the bottom of the door, the yellow lever at the back of the door is the control panel for the driving mode management system. facing forward: FWD, facing rear: RWD, upward AWD and neutral when facing downward.

tAFJfx.jpg

Oriented like this we are in RWD
IspMKH.jpg

More general views of the passenger compartment:
Functional steering wheel and gear lever, a dashboard with storage.

RwNsxd.jpg

Seen from the other side:
The seats advance and recline. The BV is sequential with 4 reports.

IQuwoN.jpg

Finally, the cover has not yet been modified, for lack of a satisfactory solution. It still accommodates the V8, an opening system controlled by a lever located under the glove box
Y4aU3N.jpg

So much for today.
Comments always welcome;)

Steph.

Edited by steph77

Hi EB,

new front Hood:

NiSKU1.jpg

H8kaM0.jpg

begining the work on the opening elements like doors:

smuYpk.jpg

Steph

I came to this thread after going on down a rabbit hole searching for the best Technic helicopters - I didn’t expect to also find this truck! Very ambitious gearbox; the idea of a RWD-4WD-FWD selector is great and I’m curious to see how this was achieved with no neutral gear. @steph77 Do you have any pictures of the final mechanism? 

Regarding helicopters, I think your Bell “UH-77 Liberator” is perhaps the best helicopter MOC I’ve ever seen - it looks like you have refined the mechanisms down to their most elegant solution. I also love your AW-169 helicopter, but I have to say that the solution for rear pitch adjustment in the “UH-77” is beautifully simplified. I’d love to be able to build it for myself - do you have a digital file that you’d be willing to share?

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 2:51 PM, Pattspatt said:

I came to this thread after going on down a rabbit hole searching for the best Technic helicopters - I didn’t expect to also find this truck! Very ambitious gearbox; the idea of a RWD-4WD-FWD selector is great and I’m curious to see how this was achieved with no neutral gear. @steph77 Do you have any pictures of the final mechanism? 

Regarding helicopters, I think your Bell “UH-77 Liberator” is perhaps the best helicopter MOC I’ve ever seen - it looks like you have refined the mechanisms down to their most elegant solution. I also love your AW-169 helicopter, but I have to say that the solution for rear pitch adjustment in the “UH-77” is beautifully simplified. I’d love to be able to build it for myself - do you have a digital file that you’d be willing to share?

Thanks.

I'll try to take pictures of the truck primary gearbox soon. Stay tuned.

For helicopters, @Ivan_M did a great job by providing free instructions.

Here they are:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-12600/Ivan_M/aw-169-helicopter/#comments

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-21317/Ivan_M/ah-77-hunter-helicopter/#comments

Steph.

I will follow this tread and complete it.

2020 Superkike

Recap of this beast:

-4speeds sequential gearbox,

-Front and rear suspension

-front custom windshield

Pictures:

vMX85W.jpg

R7g8hh.jpg

cVbDGP.jpg

2020 Volvo truck MK2

Basic datas:

- 8X4 transmission

- V6 mini engine

- Openable doors, front grill and tilting cab

- 4 suspended axles

- 1pneumatic pump + M pfs motor

- 5 pneumatic functions 4 for arm movement and tilting bed

- Secured rear door of the bed

Pictures:

URfTnw.jpg

6J1xV8.jpg

Vu04vB.jpg

aPyGoN.jpg

NpbAqQ.jpg

qFgEi0.jpg

fIXccb.jpg

Video:

The truck is very fully featured - looks like a lot of fun to operate! 

I’m impressed with the styling of your motorcycle, too. The fact that a 4-speed gearbox fits in there is crazy to me! I’d love to see a picture of the internals.

Coming up next :classic:

Why supercar need Always to be ...a car?

dIlnvz.jpg

Stay tuned :wink:

EDIT: inspiration for only manual featured truck:

AXmsqJ.jpg

Edited by steph77