Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What figures were on that list? You've made me curious!

It was very exciting at fhe time aha, but they were boring compared to the series we actually got, but as @Lego-Freak said, the Dursleys, the four house ghosts, and Harry’s parents among others- I do think the dursleys and more ghosts would be exciting tho!!

Zusammengebaut just showed the calendar. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

The Hogwarts architect stands on a shrine with all housecrests, Flitwick is the CMF figure but in a white outfit

- Harry (sweater) / Ron (sweater) / Hermione (christmas) / Dumbledore (GH) / Flitwick (white and grey vest, similair to CMF) / McGonagall (same as GH)

- 3 Christmas trees

- Snowwizard

- Banners for all houses

- Architect figure on pedestal with housecrests

- 2 tables with food

- Hogwarts Express

- 4 House themed presents

- Wizardchess

- Hedwig, chest, book, wands, chocolate bar and a new print on a 2x4 tile

Edited by Guyon2002

Yeah yeah yeah the calendars great- now tell me about that record!

jokes aside, I think it looks spectacular, I love the founder of hogwarts Minifigure, made better by the podium he is on, really gives me nostalgia for the old Harry Potter sets where we’d get a knight on a podium in the hogwarts sets.

i love the decor, the fireplace, the banners- they can be scattered throughout- maybe a little Gryffindor common room to be made in addition to the one we got.

the Christmas trees can be further used to flesh out the Yule ball scene- or even combined with the presents day to give a Christmas scene again in Gryffindor common room at Christmas.

by far my favourite decorations are Harry’s trunk with book and letter- looks really nice, along with the chess table, definitely going in the great hall. 

Harry and Ron look fantastic, great variations to add to the collection. Great to get dumbledore again, since it’ll ge a while till we get a Richard Harris dumbeldore again- mcgonnagoll, yeh very nice, the dress piece would have been great but hey ho. Disappointed by the flitwick, I’d wrongfully promised myself a years 1-2 variant, but hey it’s a new print for the torso and a new variety of a character. The Hermione looks amazing. 

Overall im glad we’re getting so many variants of characters- even minor characters like fleur and Madame maxime and flitwick. Super excited.

That advent calendar has made my list! So much love goes in to designing these sets, it's so great to see the developers are really happy with the end product. I've already bought the five sets that just released, looks like I have to scrape together some funds for more lol

Flitwick is without his jacket, I was hoping white outfit might have meant his Yule Ball outfit. 

Can anyone tell me if the beard on the Hogwarts architect is new? I don't remember seeing one that thin before. Could point to getting another Dumbledore next wave.

It’s kinda cool to hear that the advent calendar was requested and designed so late because of how well these sets preformed in 2018 

Not disappointed with Flitwick so much as McGonnogall, I was really hoping for a skirt piece. Although that Flitwick does feel kind of useless as a variant. It’s all good though, there’s still a lot of great stuff in this calendar and I’ll be buying it right away (and opening it all at once of course).

9 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Can anyone tell me if the beard on the Hogwarts architect is new? I don't remember seeing one that thin before. Could point to getting another Dumbledore next wave.

After some careful looking and zooming in (I’ve made screenshots on my phone), it looks to me like it’s Vitruvius’s beard. The beard looks thinner than it is, because there’s a golden conepiece in front of it that mingles with the torso because of the low image quality. 

The advent calender is even better than I expected. Awesome! And like Falconfan1414 said: it’s cool to hear the theme has been doing well. Hurray for Harry! 

I'm disappointed with all the flag pedestals... Guess I'll add them to the quidditch set for fun. Love Ron and Harry in their sweaters. It would've been nice to get McGonnagal with a hairpiece at least.

Here's hoping that they'll do another calendar next year as well to get more tables and who knows what else. I might modify the tables together to put the chessboard on it. 

Wish we could somehow have an advent calendar devoted to Halloween to dress the hall up that way. That's just wishful thinking on my part. 

Zusammengebaut released some clearer images on their Instagram.

7 minutes ago, illian420 said:

Here's hoping that they'll do another calendar next year

I can 100% see this selling well so it's almost inevitable. Hopefully next year we'll get a distinct Christmas version of a character (I'd love to see a Santa Dumbledore or even a Hagrid moulded in red and white).

I didn't think they could do a decent calendar, since there weren't enough sets to use figures from. But Mcgonnagel and Dumbledore are the only reused figures. Every other figure has something exclusive to them - the founder even gets a golden beard piece

I also like that most builds seem more complex than the other advent calendars.

I really like this advent calendar. Unlike the Star Wars calendar, I can actually use most, if not all of the builds from this to add to my Hogwarts display. This year I’ll finally have a Christmas display.

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

Flitwick is without his jacket, I was hoping white outfit might have meant his Yule Ball outfit. 

His Yule Ball outfit is actually the same as his CMF outfit (maybe some very small differences)

Also 2 questions:

1. Is that new printed tile Harry's Hogwarts letter?

2. Does anyone know what the calendar will cost?

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

His Yule Ball outfit is actually the same as his CMF outfit (maybe some very small differences)

You are 95% right, literally the only difference is that his waistcoat is white in his Yule outfit as opposed to grey (in film and CMF variants)

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also 2 questions:

12 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

You are 95% right, literally the only difference is that his waistcoat is white in his Yule outfit as opposed to grey (in film and CMF variants)

And his bow tie is white, like Alfred in the Batman Movie CMS.

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

And his bow tie is white, like Alfred in the Batman Movie CMS.

Yes, and that too, can’t believe I didn’t notice it, I think it’s because it is white on white so was hard to see on the image I looked at

1 hour ago, illian420 said:

Here's hoping that they'll do another calendar next year as well to get more tables and who knows what else. I might modify the tables together to put the chessboard on it. 

Wish we could somehow have an advent calendar devoted to Halloween to dress the hall up that way. That's just wishful thinking on my part. 

I’m really hoping that the Harry Potter advent calendar can be a new Christmas tradition. I’d love to have a constantly growing Christmas display. 

Halloween really doesn’t have advent calendars, but I’d love a minifigure or xtra style accessory pack to give the Great Hall Halloween decorations. After all, we’ve got everything else we need to create the “Troll!!! Troll in the dungeons! Thought you ought to know...” scene. 

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I can 100% see this selling well so it's almost inevitable. Hopefully next year we'll get a distinct Christmas version of a character (I'd love to see a Santa Dumbledore or even a Hagrid moulded in red and white).

I think one of the advantages Harry Potter has over other licensed themes is that there are a lot of Christmas variations that already exist, so it might be awhile before they resort to ‘X as Santa’ variations. (Now that I think about it, they could easily go through all the movies’ Christmas scenes year by year - skipping PoA because they did in the movie. Polyjuice scene from CoS, expand on the Yule Ball from GoF, Christmas at Grimmauld from OotP, Christmas at the Burrow from HBP, Godrics Hollow from DH)

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Also 2 questions:

1. Sure looks like it :wub:

2. I’ve seen $40 stated in some places, but that could just be a guess based on the usual price of previous licensed calendars. 

harry-potter-goblet-of-fire-movie-screen

His Yule Ball getup.

order-of-the-phoenix-movie-screencaps.co

What this minifig is based on.

Such a minor scene, but I'm glad we're getting a variant of a secondary character :)

Fair dos, it's not the easiest to see, but I did a rewatch of the films recently to get an idea of costumes each character has and I saw it then :)

22 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yes, and that too, can’t believe I didn’t notice it, I think it’s because it is white on white so was hard to see on the image I looked at

Edited by Seaber

3 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Such a minor scene, but I'm glad we're getting a variant of a secondary character :)

Ah yes, I actually remember that scene, interesting that it’s mainly early film variants then we get Flitwick from OotP ?

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ah yes, I actually remember that scene, interesting that it’s mainly early film variants then we get Flitwick from OotP ?

I think that they're just trying to put out as many outfit variants of characters as they can, they seem to be a bit loose about which outfits appeared in which movie.

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I believe the Advent Calendar Flitwick also appears inHBP when he’s conducting the choir in the eerie and beautiful “In Noctem” deleted scene.  So I’m okay with the minifigure, but yeah, given the fact that this Advent Calendar was strictly years one-two, I fear we may never get “goblin Flitwick” now.  :sceptic:

Also, I’m glad the chocolate bar is no longer exclusive to the Knight Bus, and I love the Hogwarts acceptance letter and the Architect Statue!  

This will be a Day One Buy (Hereafter known by me as a DOBBY!  :tongue::blush:)

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

I think that they're just trying to put out as many outfit variants of characters as they can, they seem to be a bit loose about which outfits appeared in which movie.

Don’t get me wrong I love it, just think it’s humorous that the sets and other things don’t match up, first wave and CMF/BrickTober pack and then this wave and the Advent Calendar