Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

16 minutes ago, Geoh said:

I'm pretty sure the snake in the great hall was not the one from CoS, I think its from PS. 

Was there a snake in PS? Besides the one in the zoo.

39 minutes ago, Geoh said:

I'm pretty sure the snake in the great hall was not the one from CoS, I think its from PS. 

It’s definitely supposed to be the Basilisk. This is confirmed by Lego themselves.

1 hour ago, Geoh said:

This comes from the official description on S@H:

• Swoop Fawkes™ into battle and help Harry battle the giant Basilisk serpent.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That one was quite poor to be honest with the printed hair and everything, the 2010 one was way better and the 2018 version trumps even that one IMO :wink: It‘s all a matter of personal preference of course, but at least we can certainly all agree that the very first one was the worst bar none. After 18 years I still have no idea what they were thinking with the glow-in-the-dark head :roflmao:

The new one may not be perfect, but it‘s still better than a 1x1 sand green round brick or a print on a windshield :tongue:

I think the 2010 Snape is the by far the best depiction of Alan Rickman as Snape.  I can see why the 2007 or 2018 versions could be much closer to people's imagination of the character from the books, where he is young and greasy.  :tongue:  At any rate, printed legs are always a win in my book.

By the way, now that I've used the word "book" twice, it makes me so happy to see that almost everyone posting here seems to be a die-hard fan of the books!  As much as I love certain performances, music, and production design, the books will always be the holy grail for me.

I don't want to come across as negative about the figures and prints for this theme; I honestly think it's the best licensed theme to come along in ages.  Sometimes I just feel like there's a redesign for the sake of a redesign, and it ends up being ten steps forward, three steps back.  :wink:

3 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

If lego ever did follow the books (theoretically) give me a Lockhart from st mungo's please :tongue:

ptal2m4l.jpg

I need lion hat Luna to be a real thing please. 

(Also, straightjacket Lockhart is actually from a bonus post credits scene in Chamber of Secrets :) )

I’m gonna be so disappointed if the Horntail doesnt have Smaug’s wings. Brick built dragon wings look absolutely terrible. If this ends up looking like a Ninjago dragon, I will be very disappointed. In my opinion, Ninjago dragons look terrible, they all look like they are robotic and not organic. I wish they were moulding the Horntail but sine they aren’t, I hope it at least has Smaug’s moulded foldable wings and a good moulded head

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m gonna be so disappointed if the Horntail doesnt have Smaug’s wings. Brick built dragon wings look absolutely terrible. If this ends up looking like a Ninjago dragon, I will be very disappointed. In my opinion, Ninjago dragons look terrible, they all look like they are robotic and not organic. I wish they were moulding the Horntail but sine they aren’t, I hope it at least has Smaug’s moulded foldable wings and a good moulded head

I'm afraid it's going to be entirely brick-built :sceptic: First off, TheRandomBlocker said that the Toy Fair placeholder was brick-built and secondly, if there were any moulded parts to it, we surely would have seen them by now :sad: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

TheRandomBlocker said that the Toy Fair placeholder was brick-built

You’re right, I did, but not completely, it’s like Frank/Occamy, moulded Head/wings (Smaug’s were not used as the placeholder, so I doubt very much they’ll use his wings on the finished version, they’ve been out of production for a very long time, and won’t be brought back for 1 dragon)

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree with you that Ninjago dragons look pretty awful, there was that giant green one from the movie that was okay, but even that looked like a machine. 

I’m hoping that the thunderbird and occamy from the Suitcase set are a good indication of what we’ll get, which is a lot more like the old Lego Elves line than Ninjago. 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm afraid it's going to entirely brick-built :sceptic: First off, TheRandomBlocker said that the Toy Fair placeholder was brick-built and secondly, if there were any moulded parts to it, we surely would have seen them by now :sad: 

It’s not like the thunderbird and occamy heads and wings leaked before the set pictures came out. In fact, I don’t recall them leaking at all. Presumably they’re made at an entirely different location than the minifigures and less likely to leak. 

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

It’s not like the thunderbird and occamy heads and wings leaked before the set pictures came out. In fact, I don’t recall them leaking at all. Presumably they’re made at an entirely different location than the minifigures and less likely to leak. 

Hm, good point :classic: Both sets of wings weren't new moulds, but the head was, so that should count as a counter-argument to my claim :purrr: It still entails bad news though, if the situation is the same we won't see any part of the Horntail before the set pics drop :tongue:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, good point :classic: Both sets of wings weren't new moulds, but the head was, so that should count as a counter-argument to my claim :purrr: It still entails bad news though, if the situation is the same we won't see any part of the Horntail before the set pics drop :tongue:

I honestly think the wings might not be new pieces as there are dragon wings from the Lego Elves theme that would probably fit the Horntail in terms of size. I've just been looking at the Lego dragons from that theme now and I feel like a more realistic-looking version of the Goblin King's Evil Dragon would be a good indicator for molded pieces since both dragons are wyverns. 

Smaug’s wings were so perfect, it’s such a shame they never used them again. I wouldn’t mind if they came up with something new for the wings (as long as it isn’t a brick built design). I just don’t think the old Horntail wings would work, they’re so outdated but they are the only dragon wing pieces currently existing (as far as I know). 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Smaug’s wings were so perfect, it’s such a shame they never used them again

I agree, those were great :thumbup: I prefer wyverns to 'classic' dragons in general, dragons with 6 limbs never made much sense to me... Those can go back to Pandora :tongue: I'm so glad that both of my favorite fantasy franchises happen to feature wyverns (for the most part).

Wow... like omg I am actually shocked. It's so weird that they used The Last Jedi Luke's hair piece in brown for Sirius I did not expect that... I was so sure they would use the CMF Mad Eye Moody hair piece in brown for him considering that's what the poster of him in the Hogwart's Express set looked like. I like the new face print, looks fine and the torso and leg printing is incredible, I love the detail. I will have to see what you all think of him but tbh I am still happy we are getting a character like Sirius Black in such a small cheap set so I can't complain.

Sirius isn't too bad; the hair is okay as it is parted correctly, but looks too pulled back from the face, whereas Moody's hairpiece would have given him more of the straight down wave he has in the films.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Sirius figure is perfect but the hair just doesn‘t look right, should have gone with Moody‘s hairpiece in dark brown but eh... Anyways it‘s great getting old Luke‘s hairpiece in brown finally! 

The offset head makes it look really odd, hopefully front on it will look better. Not sure it’s the right hair, but still it’s Sirius.

The moulded dragons like smaug aren’t good for the horntail imo. They’re too static and you can’t pull off a good flying pose. The horntail needs to have wings that can be used like arms to crawl around, essentially they need to be able to fold in

Edited by Whovastron

I love the Sirius figure but the hair would have been much better if it was Mad Eye’s hair piece. The piece they used just doesn’t look right

First of all, I LOVE Sirius' figure. I'm very happy my favorite character gets an outstanding figure! The printing is on point and I'm actually surprised he has legprinting, considering most figures in this wave don't have that. The hair is an odd choice but it looks great, also nice to get it in brown.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The chance of Smaugs wings returning for the Horntail are near 0%. But I wouldn't judge something if you haven't seen it yet if I were you, just wait for the pictures. Patience is key when it comes to lego :wink:

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I agree with you that Ninjago dragons look pretty awful, there was that giant green one from the movie that was okay, but even that looked like a machine. 

I'm just laughing at this. You think all Ninjago dragons look like robots and the one that looks like a dragon the most is an the only one that's actually a robot! :laugh_hard:

It’s great they continued the torso print on the legs for the Sirius figure. Not too sold on the hair just yet. It feels a tad too “big” if that’s the right word. (And I guess it doesn’t help the head is angled to one side). But hopefully it’ll look better in the official pictures.

OMG GUYS! A Leaker on IG just showed me the advent calendar! You don’t have to believe me, but from what I saw, I saw year one Harry in a blue jacket, and Hermione from year one in black robes like the CMF. The jacket was new. I only saw it for 10 seconds, but it was great

3 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

OMG GUYS! A Leaker on IG just showed me the advent calendar! You don’t have to believe me, but from what I saw, I saw year one Harry in a blue jacket, and Hermione from year one in black robes like the CMF. The jacket was new. I only saw it for 10 seconds, but it was great

Lmao