Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What, so it’s perfectly fair that we get them two months late this year??? Nope. It’s not like we had a say in getting them early last year. 

Well considering it’s a British franchise and we didn’t get the sets at the same time/before the US, yes, I actually think it’s perfectly fair, think about all the things the US gets before Europe/the UK, look at the bigger picture then you’ll stop whinging

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Well considering it’s a British franchise and we didn’t get the sets at the same time/before the US, yes, I actually think it’s perfectly fair, think about all the things the US gets before Europe/the UK, look at the bigger picture then you’ll stop whinging

Dumbest argument I’ve ever heard. By that logic, Star Wars is a space franchise and astronauts should get the sets first. Europe also gets plenty the US doesn’t, like triple VIP points

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Dumbest argument I’ve ever heard. By that logic, Star Wars is a space franchise and astronauts should get the sets first. 

Uhhh... that’s not the same like at all... are you dumb? It’s British because 1) it was written by a Brit 2) it was filmed/set in Britain 3) it features mainly British cast... Star Wars was not written by someone from Space, Lucas is American (and so on and so forth), when making conversation with someone think before you type/speak, makes you sound thick when you don’t...

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

To be fair there's more stuff that US gets later than stuff that Europe gets later. Especially this year as no theme is June release there.

Edited by dimaks13

Just now, dimaks13 said:

To be fair there's more stuff that US gets later tha stuff that Europe gets later. Especially this year as no theme is June release there.

I was actually refer to things in general, not just Lego, films, TV shows, game releases etc

It’s not fair that the US gets every single June set in August while they release normally in Europe. Sure, we got the HP sets a month early last year, but Europe gets plenty of sets earlier, especially with Super Heroes summer sets. I think it’s ridiculous that the US gets no wide release sets in June this year. 

I was actually refer to things in general, not just Lego, films, TV shows, game releases etc

May I remind you we got Endgame several days later than everyone else, but this is a strictly Lego discussion 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

May I remind you we got Endgame several days later than everyone else, but this is a strictly Lego discussion 

Again, bigger picture, not just talking getting Lego early... jeez

Again, bigger picture, not just talking getting Lego early... jeez

All I’m saying is this discussion is about Lego. And there’s plenty Europe gets that the US doesn’t, this shouldn’t turn into everyone comparing their countries. And there’s no need to get nasty, I’m not angry at you personally, I’m pissed at TLG because, yes, this is ridiculous, just like it was ridiculous they weren’t released at the same time last year. And I do think the whole “HP is a British franchise so the U.K. should get everything first” is a ridiculous argument. There are plenty of “American franchises” that Lego releases to everyone

I reckon they are doing this so they can keep up with demand and why they did it last year too! With the staggered release sets were still on back order for a while! Imagine if they were released worldwide on the same date! 

As a US American, I can safely say that this is “disappointing,” but not “unfair.”  I guarantee you it has nothing to do with being a British franchise or not.  Why do you think the US got the sets early last year?  It’s all about business strategy, plain and simple. 

Also, just like to point out that FBTB, not to mention the LEGO Store employees and LEGO Customer Service representative I cited, were probably right after all.  

Edited by RogueTwo

16 minutes ago, Heppy9 said:

I reckon they are doing this so they can keep up with demand and why they did it last year too! With the staggered release sets were still on back order for a while! Imagine if they were released worldwide on the same date! 

This ^^

I'm sure that Lego would like to have infinite manufacturing and distribution capabilities so that they could instantaneously and simultaneously fulfill worldwide demand, but they don't.

Not saying that the staggered release dates don’t make sense, but I’m still going to remain skeptical until there’s some sort of official announcement from Lego, since the press releases haven’t mentioned anything but the June 1st release so far. 

We have this conversation every year. At the end of the day someone is always getting screwed out of something, so there's really no need for the 'biggest victim contest' especially when it inevitably devolves into 'this country vs that country' or 'we deserve it because we get screwed over that other time'.

Staggered release dates suck and everyone has been effected by it at some point, so there's really no point to playing this game.

Also, not a fan of the Knight Bus. I had hoped my opinion would improve with better pictures, but I remain as uninterested as before. Honestly, there's just not enough going on in it that I need an entire set based on it. I kind of wish they'd stop giving us version after version of this thing. It's a purple bus with no play features, unless you're a fan of chandelier rattling or bed sliding.

Edited by strangely

12 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Not saying that the staggered release dates don’t make sense, but I’m still going to remain skeptical until there’s some sort of official announcement from Lego, since the press releases haven’t mentioned anything but the June 1st release so far. 

I’m currently awaiting a response from Lego Customer Service about it (not that I’ll get a straight answer or that they’ll even know what’s going on)

1 hour ago, Heppy9 said:

The sets released early last year because of a deal Target made with LEGO

Overall, I think it's pretty fair the US is getting the sets later considering they got them earlier last year. But when where looking at the bigger picture it isn't only the WW sets releasing later, its every june set. Thats pretty ridiculous, every set should have the same releasedate everywhere (except for VIP-early access ofcourse!)

I don't see the problem.

Why do people need to have sets Day one? They stay on the shelves for over a year and cost less after a few weeks. 

It's not like there is a limited run. I really don't get the need to have things Day one and preferable a week before official release (minus youtubers as it's their living). 

They do this to control distribution / stock. 

I can understand that it's preferable for consumers to have sets release on the same day worldwide, but some people just need to chill and accept the fact. If you really want the sets then buy them from, in this case, the European retailers. 

3 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I don't see the problem.

Why do people need to have sets Day one? They stay on the shelves for over a year and cost less after a few weeks. 

It's not like there is a limited run. I really don't get the need to have things Day one and preferable a week before official release (minus youtubers as it's their living). 

They do this to control distribution / stock. 

I can understand that it's preferable for consumers to have sets release on the same day worldwide, but some people just need to chill and accept the fact. If you really want the sets then buy them from, in this case, the European retailers. 

I'm almost always buying the sets I want on day 1. But that's mostly because the store I'm buying my lego from has a good price from the start, and I've never seen prices in the Netherlands go lower than that store (a few exceptions of course). They just put the HP 2019 sets on their website and they're already significantly cheaper than the ridiculous prices we have to pay here in the Netherlands

11 minutes ago, War of the Bas said:

Which store is that?

misterbricks.nl - I rarely see lower prices than here (in the Netherlands that is)

I always get sets I really want day 1, it’s kind of a tradition. This is very frustrating. An additional two months is a long time to wait

Eh I don't mind an August release to be fair. Especially if there is plenty of stock go around this time.  I'll just buy the Tantive IV to keep me busy till then. 

Do we know if only the US and Canada are getting the sets in August? Is there any word on when the release will be in places like Mexico/South America/Asia?

Edited by GilbertoAguilera101

11 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Do we know if only the US and Canada are getting the sets in August? Is there any word on when the release will be in places like Mexico/South America/Asia?

Officially the only release date we have is June 1st. We don’t know exactly which countries are getting an August release because technically we haven’t been told by Lego that anywhere is getting an August release. 

I wish everyone would just be patient and get the sets whenever they release in your own country, because there would be lots of people, ecspecially kids and parents as well as more casual fans, who don't follow things as closely as we do. These people would see the sets advertised for release on a certain date, but may not be able to get them because greedy AFOLs from the other side of the world wanted their sets a bit earlier!

Here in Australia we are used to getting things- not just Lego- later than the US or elsewhere (Usually the US though- our releases tend to be on par with the UK/Europe), so might we grumble a bit, but we accept that we have to wait- unlike Americans who always seem to complain loudly whenever they're not the first to get something, only for people from other countries to respond with 'but you got other things first'... this has happened a million times before, and will surely happen a million times again... so just be patient!

Edited by Decat