Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If the set is indeed based on the tent scene, then that might mean they are going to produce microscale dragons molds

Image result for harry potter mini dragon gif

Don’t. Don’t make me hope for this...

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The niffler also appeared in the Suitcase set. I kind of figured any new molds that appeared in the cmf and the sets used the sets mold budget, i.e. the new rat, golden snitch, Harry’s hair etc. Technically, there were 3 animals in the cmf that were new in 2018, but Nagini was the only one not to appear before the cmf.

I think it is the other way around because CMF have a much higher mould budget! WW even had to steal from Jurassic world to make some of the moulds they wanted. The rat was obviously made with HP in mind, but probably used the city budget to make the mould since it came there first (alternatively the CMF). The niffler, golden snitch etc. probably all used the CMF budget :wink:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If the set is indeed based on the tent scene, then that might mean they are going to produce microscale dragons molds

The new moulds in the set probably goes to the big dragon, but maybe they could make something in the size of the golden snitch in a future CMF wave :shrug_oh_well:

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The owlery is included in the Whomping Willow set (albeit considerably minimized)

I agree that it is probably what it is, but I guess it is a small chance they could make a separate build in the future :shrug_oh_well:

Everyone who has inside information claims to be right. There are red flags all around this topic as far as what to believe. At this point we’ve heard all the claims, we’ve seen the sketches, everyone believe what you want, and let’s just wait for more conclusive proof. Saying “I know you’re wrong and I’m right so that settles it” isn’t going to convince anyone so let’s just calm down and wait for more pictures. At least we have a general idea of what to expect

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think it is the other way around because CMF have a much higher mould budget! WW even had to steal from Jurassic world to make some of the moulds they wanted. The rat was obviously made with HP in mind, but probably used the city budget to make the mould since it came there first (alternatively the CMF). The niffler, golden snitch etc. probably all used the CMF budget :wink:

What information are you basing that on? (WW stealing JW's budget)

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What information are you basing that on? (WW stealing JW's budget)

The designers said so in an interview last year :classic:

It’s hard to tell which theme new shared parts should be accredited to in terms of budget, the release date is not really a valid indicator. The new Slave I for example includes a new wedge piece that was supposed to appear in that set first, but then the Overwatch designers arranged for it to be introduced in the Gibraltar set. Without that bit of information, you’d accredit it to the wrong theme’s budget :wink: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The owlery is included in the Whomping Willow set (albeit considerably minimized)

I mean the exterior building

on a similar note, a while back someone proposed a Dumbledores office set, and someone replied saying it’s in the great all set. Where is it? I was looking st my set and there actually isn’t anything to suggest dumbledores office at all. The sorting hat and fauxes are there, but there’s no desk or anything to suggest an office. And even I could swear it was in the tower

and @LordVoldemort please stop saying your opinions or speculation like they’re facts. Speculation is a ok, but just telling everyone they’re wrong with no evidence is a bit redundant 

Edited by Whovastron

If we're getting Yule Ball Harry, Ron, Hermione, Krum and Fleur, there are a few prominent characters from that scene missing. Cedric could make use of the CMS Waiter torso.

col129.jpg?1latest?cb=20100123212323

Cho, Ginny and the Patil twins are much harder to find alternatives for due to their unique dresses. Neville and Roger Davies (Fleur's partner) have very similar outfits, but I haven't found an extant torso print yet.

That's before we get into the minor characters and adults...

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I mean the exterior building

on a similar note, a while back someone proposed a Dumbledores office set, and someone replied saying it’s in the great all set. Where is it? I was looking st my set and there actually isn’t anything to suggest dumbledores office at all. The sorting hat and fauxes are there, but there’s no desk or anything to suggest an office. And even I could swear it was in the tower 

Unfortunately, the Great Hall didn't come with one. Though there are elements of it (like Fawkes and the Sorting Hat) included. Plus qe had the Pensieve in the CMF series. In the films I believe it's located in one of the protruding towers from the Grand Staircase Tower. Since that's impossible at that scale I'm holding out there will be one in a future wave. (Possibly HBP).

The four Champions have five major outfits throughout GoF - their school uniform, each of the three tasks and the Yule Ball. This is a summary of what we know is available, including the 2005 line if no temporary minifigure has been released..

Harry - Uniform, First Task, Yule Ball, Second Task (2005), Third Task (2005). All five outfits available.

Cedric - Uniform (torso available as Susan Bones in 75954), First Task, Third Task. Missing Second Task.

Fleur - First Task, Yule Ball. Missing Uniform, Second and Third Task.

Krum - First Task, Yule Ball, Second Task (2005). Missing Uniform and Third Task.

While we're discussing about variants of minifigures does anyone else think that the minifigures for Harry, Ron and Hermione in this wave will look the same even though they're based on two different films? Considering how last year in the Hogwarts Express set (based on Prisoner of Azkaban) they had short minifigure legs instead of the medium legs introduced in the CMF, I wouldn't be surprised if Harry had the Lloyd hair in black across all 4 sets he's meant to appear in. I expect Ron will have the same face and hair piece used as well for both POA and GOF, though Hermione will probably have a new hair piece for her Yule Ball figure.

9 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

If you actually think LEGO hasn’t plotted out every castle piece/connection before they rolled out the first wave you are very mistaken lol. There is only so much of Hogwarts you can do- and it is all spread out strategically across pre planned waves. 

This set is not the clocktower building. They are saving that for the last wave complete with courtyard (Voldemort/Harry duel)

Just because you guessed one thing right in the D2C right last year, doesn't make you an insider. Two people have confirmed it's the Clocktower, so you have no ground to stand on. 

The leak hasn’t spread yet, but a leaker has sent me a 2x2 circular piece in white with a gold clock printed onto to it. You don’t have to believe me, but I promise you I’m telling the truth. It’ll likely leak soon

Also if they are remaking old castle sets, I really hope they decide not to remake the great hall in the 2010 castle set

Just now, LDDproductions said:

The leak hasn’t spread yet, but a leaker has sent me a 2x2 circular piece in white with a gold clock printed onto to it. You don’t have to believe me, but I promise you I’m telling the truth. It’ll likely leak soon

Also if they are remaking old castle sets, I really hope they decide not to remake the great hall in the 2010 castle set

Wouldn’t that be a bit small for the clocktower?

i don’t think they’d remake the parts for the 2010 set we’ve had already (great hall, grand staircase tower) they’d just do what they haven’t done (the OotP set building and astronomy tower)

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

Wouldn’t that be a bit small for the clocktower?

i don’t think they’d remake the parts for the 2010 set we’ve had already (great hall, grand staircase tower) they’d just do what they haven’t done (the OotP set building and astronomy tower)

Wait you’re right. I looked at it again and it’s actually the Captain America Shield in Brown. It has white and gold print though. It’s likely the piece that goes above the big clock.

10 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

The Great Hall set has a 2x2 circular tile with a gold clock on it...

18 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

Wait you’re right. I looked at it again and it’s actually the Captain America Shield in Brown. It has white and gold print though. It’s likely the piece that goes above the big clock.

That sounds like the clock from the Winter Village Train Station.

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Great Hall set has a 2x2 circular tile with a gold clock on it...

No it wasn’t that clock

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

That sounds like the clock from the Winter Village Train Station.

It might be. It had like 8 ticks on it and 4 Roman numerals

You’re right. It’s from the Sinter Village set. Maybe they’re reusing it on the clocktower

36 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

No it wasn’t that clock

It might be. It had like 8 ticks on it and 4 Roman numerals

You’re right. It’s from the Sinter Village set. Maybe they’re reusing it on the clocktower

That would be fine with me, it’s a very nice looking piece

Also, Ernie Prang’s torso has leaked

17 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Hell yeah bring on the leakzz! I hope we see official pictures this month.

Wouldn’t that be nice. I highly doubt it will happen, but I’m right there with you in hoping for as soon as possible

So for anyone that still doubted the Knight Bus, here's the confirmation. I've got to say, the torso is looking better than last time, it's not too different because the torso was pretty good last time, but they did the colours right this time around. I wonder what the remaining parts will look like.

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

If we're getting Yule Ball Harry, Ron, Hermione, Krum and Fleur, there are a few prominent characters from that scene missing. Cedric could make use of the CMS Waiter torso.

Cho, Ginny and the Patil twins are much harder to find alternatives for due to their unique dresses. Neville and Roger Davies (Fleur's partner) have very similar outfits, but I haven't found an extant torso print yet.

Do you think the General Hux leg printing would line up well with that jacket to make it look like robes? Doesn’t look like it would be too far off