Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 minute ago, LegoSims20 said:

OMG we need a new CMF series then - Rita Skeeter, Igor Karkaroff, Gabrielle Delacour.

Yes! And Barty Crouch! But hopefully next year we get a Second task set with Gabrielle and Shark Krum with some merpeople. One can only hope.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

As long as this theme sticks around for a bit, which it seems likely to do, I bet we'll see another CMF. The first one did very well, I'm sure.

Personally I'm so thankful that LEGO is finally covering a lot of Harry Potter stuff that they've never covered before. I'll have to wait to see these sets before I decide what I want to get, but just from the sounds of things it's great that LEGO is finally doing proper justice to Goblet of Fire especially, and I'm stoked to finally see a new Sirius and get Cornelius Fudge from the Prison of Azkaban sets.

Yes, I was nervous to hope for Fudge but I’m very happy to hear we’ll be getting him

have you guys thought that it might be teared, as in:

2019: year 3 and year 4

2020: year 4 and year 5

2021: year 5 and year 6

etc etc 

Because then next year, we’ll likely see a couple more goblet of fire sets (perhaps the second task, the graveyard or the death eater attack) along with some year 5 (perhaps the ministry for magic, the room of requirement, dementor attack, part of hogwarts etc)

Just now, Legoniche said:

etc etc 

Because then next year, we’ll likely see a couple more goblet of fire sets (perhaps the second task, the graveyard or the death eater attack) along with some year 5 (perhaps the ministry for magic, the room of requirement, dementor attack, part of hogwarts etc)

Something along those lines certainly seems to be the trend here. I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or two more GOF sets next year along with a handful of OOTP sets. But for now, I’m just so happy they are doing the theme justice. One of the strongest themes they’ve had in awhile I think

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

The sets/minifigs are correct. The Horntail set comes with a small hut.

No offence, but I have only visited Hoth a couple of times so I do not remember you or your track record, but I am sure someone else can confirm it :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

wait so we're getting 5 sets now?

At least I would say, we had a couple of limited sets that went under the radar last year, not unlikely if that is the case this time around also :wink:

11 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

etc etc 

I guess:
2019: 3 and 4
2020: 5 and 6
2021: 7 and 8

Edited by Roebuck

It wouldn't surprise me if they've only really planned up to 2020 (a fantastic beasts movie year). This year covers 3 and 4, next year will cover 5, 6 and 7. If the theme continues beyond then they could always go back and do iconic things they've missed (the forbidden corridor, the chamber of secrets, the shrieking shack). 

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they've only really planned up to 2020 (a fantastic beasts movie year). This year covers 3 and 4, next year will cover 5, 6 and 7. If the theme continues beyond then they could always go back and do iconic things they've missed (the forbidden corridor, the chamber of secrets, the shrieking shack). 

They have way too much to cover in 5, 6, and 7 to be able to do all of them in one wave, I highly doubt that will happen

4 hours ago, Legoniche said:

the watchtower/clocktower:

dumbeldore, Madame Maxime, harry, Ron, fleur, Hermione, krum 

This minifig list changes everything I had assumed about this set. I had assumed it was the Hogwarts Clock Tower. But since that location is mainly featured in Prisoner of Azkaban, why would it contain so many Goblet of Fire characters?  It makes more sense that this set is the viewing platform from the 2nd Task on the lake. That platform is literally a watchtower (where someone can watch the second task from) and a clock tower (the clock counts down the time left for the challenge). It fits both descriptions much better than the Hogwarts Clock Tower.

Just now, Ferder said:

This minifig list changes everything I had assumed about this set. I had assumed it was the Hogwarts Clock Tower. But since that location is mainly featured in Prisoner of Azkaban, why would it contain so many Goblet of Fire characters?  It makes more sense that this set is the viewing platform from the 2nd Task on the lake. That platform is literally a watchtower (where someone can watch the second task from) and a clock tower (the clock counts down the time left for the challenge). It fits both descriptions much better than the Hogwarts Clock Tower.

Given that we've seen the Yule ball torsos already, it's definitely not the second task.

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

As long as this theme sticks around for a bit, which it seems likely to do, I bet we'll see another CMF. The first one did very well, I'm sure.

Yeah, from what I can tell, the first series did extremely well. Over the summer when they were first released I was in London and I went to one of the LEGO stores there and there was a sort of station set up where you could ask an employee for a certain figure and they'd feel the bags and find it for you. It was madness and I loved it.

I really hope for Myrtle's bathroom at some point. I hope they re-visit movies 1 and 2 (my faves). 

Funnily, GOF is my worst HP movie (I hate some parts) but Yule Ball is so iconic and what I've always wanted so I'm happy. :DDD

Oh and Madame Maxine-  freaking love her!

Edited by LegoSims20

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They have way too much to cover in 5, 6, and 7 to be able to do all of them in one wave, I highly doubt that will happen

Especially when you remember that Deathly Hallows was split in 2. You can’t pack half the movies into a single wave, particularly since a good part of the reason so many people wanted Harry Potter back as a theme was because they didn’t do the later movies properly the first time. 

2 hours ago, Ferder said:

This would be very exciting if it is the second challenge!

1 hour ago, Jawaguy4 said:

This would be very exciting if it is the second challenge!

It can’t possibly be, because the figures come in their Yule Ball outfits, not their second task outfits.

57 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It can’t possibly be, because the figures come in their Yule Ball outfits, not their second task outfits.

Fair point but it seems silly to me that the clock tower would be tied in with GoF (based on the minifigures rumoured) when it is most prominent in PoA. But time will tell...

Edited by Jawaguy4

9 minutes ago, Jawaguy4 said:

Fair point but it seems silly to me that the clock tower would be tied in with GoF (based on the minifigures rumoured) when it is most prominent in PoA.

It's pretty prominent in Order of the Phoenix too in the scene with Umbridge standing in front of the pendulum.

Clearly LEGO wants to give us more Hogwarts, and it's great that they've chosen an iconic part of the castle to do rather than another semi made-up part like the Whomping Willow set. Not that much happens in Hogwarts that's specific to PoA besides Divination and Sirius being locked up for a minute, and all the minifigures involved have been or will be covered in other sets or the CMF. To me it's great that they're smashing two cool things together: the clocktower structure, and the Yule Ball scene which we haven't gotten before.

Each set will not be screen accurate. That is not what Lego always does. You could take the Yule ball figures and just put them in the great hall by yourselves.

I hear Toys R Us Japan asking Lego what might be happening so they can plan their special events around them. But Lego will never really let on i think.

The knight bus will be cool as i love it from the movie and don't have it yet. I am sure Lego have a definite plan on how the years will work out and for set ideas.

But nothing with Lego is written in stone and they will definitely change their ideas/sets depending on how the current sets sell as well as new ideas.

The HP advent calendar is almost certainly going to be the best selling one because it appeals to both boys and girls, young and old. 

Disclaimer :- Don't believe anything I say. Then I don't have to disbelieve your belief.

10 hours ago, Chocolate Frog said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they've only really planned up to 2020 (a fantastic beasts movie year).

I see you haven't heard the news: FB3 has been delayed. First they postponed production from July to "late autumn" (about 4 months) of this year, then the movie lost its slated release date of November 20 2020. Of course the studio could still cram it sometime in december, but spring/early summer 2021 is way more likely

42 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

I see you haven't heard the news: FB3 has been delayed. First they postponed production from July to "late autumn" (about 4 months) of this year, then the movie lost its slated release date of November 20 2020. Of course the studio could still cram it sometime in december, but spring/early summer 2021 is way more likely

That‘s actually a good thing since this renders a continuation of the theme into 2021 more likely :wink: Speaking of which: like in the Nuremberg Toy Fair press event, TLG again highlights the theme as a strong seller in the 2018 annual report :thumbup: It‘s not in the top five, but that shouldn‘t come as a surprise since the top five (Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago, City and Technic) all had at least three times as many sets as WW :grin:

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s actually a good thing since this renders a continuation of the theme into 2021 more likely :wink: Speaking of which: like in the Nuremberg Toy Fair press event, TLG again highlights the theme as a strong seller in the 2018 annual report :thumbup: It‘s not in the top five, but that shouldn‘t come as a surprise since the top five (Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago, City and Technic) all had at least three times as many sets as WW :grin:

You should also consider all the top themes were around for the entire year, while Harry Potter only sold for about 5 months and is still one of the top tier sellers

Edited by Guyon2002

9 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I really hope for Myrtle's bathroom at some point. I hope they re-visit movies 1 and 2 (my faves). 

Funnily, GOF is my worst HP movie (I hate some parts) but Yule Ball is so iconic and what I've always wanted so I'm happy. :DDD

Oh and Madame Maxine-  freaking love her!

I just hope we get some Sets of the latest books (my favorites). When HP was around for the first time, we got a ton of Sets for Part 1-3 but hardly any for 4 and 7 and Basically none for 5 and 6. I want Dumbledores Army, the Order of the Phoenix, the Deatheaters and stuff like that.

But boy do I agree, Myrtles bathroom would be one of my dream-sets as well. 

Just now, Kyp said:

I just hope we get some Sets of the latest books (my favorites). When HP was around for the first time, we got a ton of Sets for Part 1-3 but hardly any for 4 and 7 and Basically none for 5 and 6. I want Dumbledores Army, the Order of the Phoenix, the Deatheaters and stuff like that.

But boy do I agree, Myrtles bathroom would be one of my dream-sets as well. 

DH part 1 is the real loser here, the other films all had at least one set specifically based around them (OotP and HBP had one set each, DH part 2 had two and GoF had four) :wink: 

Okay, so for someone who has not been following this thread and the associated leaks, what do we know about the sets and the minifigures included in them? I member hearing Hagrid's Hut, and skimming this page I hear that there's also going to be a mashup PoA/GoF Clock Tower that partially doubles as a Yule Ball setup. (I expect the bottom part to be a Ball and the top to be something reminiscent of PoA.) Anythig else?

Technically, we don’t “know” anything about the sets apart from set numbers and piece counts, the other pieces of information are rumours :wink: @TheRandomBlocker has provided a list of minifigs, but we don’t have any intel on the actual builds of the sets, apart from what can be inferred from their names of course.

Are you all sure that there will be more HP waves for the next years?

Don't you think LEGO will look from year to year how everything is running?

I dont want to think negative but i am happy with this years wave and will be happy again  when i have the next informations that are no speculations..

But i am also dreaming for a lot of more sets for the future....