Anonknee Muss

Jurassic World 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

I saw the D2C list in the Town forum and it appears to have 3100+ pieces and an expected release date for July. I don't have any idea what to expect from this set.. 

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

I saw the D2C list in the Town forum and it appears to have 3100+ pieces and an expected release date for July. I don't have any idea what to expect from this set.. 

Oh, the usual. A skimmed version of a large building - this time Visitor Centre - with a nice facade, opened back, few rooms that don't correspond with the actual layout and lots of stickers. If I'm right (95% chance I am, what else could it be?), It should be about the size of Joker Manor - maybe a bit shorter and a bit deeper to do the iconic dome justice. Ideally, there will be 11 minifigs, one T-rex, two raptors and perhaps... a cow, if the designer wanted to include the feeding scene as a play feature :laugh: Also the tour car is a must. Probably it will be smaller than I imagined, but as long as the T-rex can easily stand in the main hall so that it's possible to recreate the finale, I'll be happy :sweet:

6 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Oh, the usual. A skimmed version of a large building - this time Visitor Centre - with a nice facade, opened back, few rooms that don't correspond with the actual layout and lots of stickers. If I'm right (95% chance I am, what else could it be?), It should be about the size of Joker Manor - maybe a bit shorter and a bit deeper to do the iconic dome justice. Ideally, there will be 11 minifigs, one T-rex, two raptors and perhaps... a cow, if the designer wanted to include the feeding scene as a play feature :laugh: Also the tour car is a must. Probably it will be smaller than I imagined, but as long as the T-rex can easily stand in the main hall so that it's possible to recreate the finale, I'll be happy :sweet:

The only place you’re wrong is the cow. LEGO will finally bring back the goat!!!

7 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

What would those 11 figures be then? (SPECULATION)

1 - 4. Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, Tim Murhpy, Lex Murhpy (all different from 75932)

5. Ian Malcolm (different from the Bricktober pack)

6. John Hammond

7. Donald Gennaro

8. Robert Muldoon

9. Dennis Nedry

10. Henry Wu

11. Ray Arnold

These are pretty much the most significant characters from the first movie so 11 figures could be quite right!

I’d guess blue shirt Ellie, Hammond, Muldoon, Nedry, Wu, Ray Arnold, with maybe Gennaro, Gerry Harding and a repeat of Alan Grant.

I'm thinking a speculative T Rex set would have Malcolm and Gennaro without their coats, and repeats of the kids.

2 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

The only place you’re wrong is the cow. LEGO will finally bring back the goat!!!

Only in a T-rex paddock set. In Visitor Centre, the goat has no place.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

What would those 11 figures be then? (SPECULATION)

1 - 4. Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, Tim Murhpy, Lex Murhpy (all different from 75932)

5. Ian Malcolm (different from the Bricktober pack)

6. John Hammond

7. Donald Gennaro

8. Robert Muldoon

9. Dennis Nedry

10. Henry Wu

11. Ray Arnold

These are pretty much the most significant characters from the first movie so 11 figures could be quite right!

That' no speculation, that's the only possible outcome. Although I'm a bit worried they might ditch Gennaro, him being the least significant character and kind of a douche (even before he abandoned the kids), kind of like they omitted Walter Peck from Ghostbusters.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm also really hoping for that incredibly necessary hat/hair combo for Alan Grant (and possibly Muldoon)!

Yes, please! I'm also thinking Lex should have medium legs

But we don't know if it's based around Jurassic Park right? It would make sense, but perhaps it's really a Jurassic World based set. 

38 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Only in a T-rex paddock set. In Visitor Centre, the goat has no place.

That' no speculation, that's the only possible outcome. Although I'm a bit worried they might ditch Gennaro, him being the least significant character and kind of a douche (even before he abandoned the kids), kind of like they omitted Walter Peck from Ghostbusters.

Yes, please! I'm also thinking Lex should have medium legs

It technically is speculation, since there are some other characters to choose from like Dodgson, Gerry Harding, Jophery Brown (though unlikely since he dies in the opening scene) and possibly even Mr DNA (it wouldn't really surprise me that much if they'd add him to such an expensive set).

Edited by Guyon2002

30 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

But we don't know if it's based around Jurassic Park right? It would make sense, but perhaps it's really a Jurassic World based set.

At this size (over 3K pieces), a large building is the most likely scenario and JP's Centre is the best candidate. JW's one isn't worse looking, it's just not the main focus of its movie. There are what, four, maybe five scenes inside the Centre? The rest of the movie - petting zoo, mososaurus etc - happens around it and including these attractions would make the set disjointed. Original Centre is way better realized, one building that has everything in it and characters spend a lot of time inside. It clearly seems like a better choice.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It technically is speculation, since there are some other characters to choose from like Dodgson, Gerry Harding, Jophery Brown (though unlikely since he dies in the opening scene) and possibly even Mr DNA (it wouldn't really surprise me that much if they'd add him to such an expensive set).

If it is the Visitor Centre, the minifigs should be the ones that were inside of it - exactly eleven you mentioned before. Harding as a park employee is a faint possibility, but he was with the triceratops. Dodgson and especially Brown are very unlikely.

At this price point, I think a JP set is much more likely than a JW one :wink: There‘s just more emotional attachment to and nostalgia for the Visitor’s Centre in the original film rather than the new one in JW. If they went for the latter, that‘d be like releasing a Hogwarts D2C based on FB:CoG instead of one based on the HP films :grin: 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

At this price point, I think a JP set is much more likely than a JW one :wink: There‘s just more emotional attachment to and nostalgia for the Visitor’s Centre in the original film rather than the new one in JW. If they went for the latter, that‘d be like releasing a Hogwarts D2C based on FB:CoG instead of one based on the HP films :grin: 

And besides that the Samsung Innovation Center from Jurassic World only looks good alongside the rest of Mainstreet (my personal opinion ofcourse), on its own its not really that interesting

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm also really hoping for that incredibly necessary hat/hair combo for Alan Grant (and possibly Muldoon)!

Huh, do you perhaps figure that CMF Rex Dangervest's new hat/hair combo might suffice? :shrug_confused:

Vest-Friend-Rex.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, do you perhaps figure that CMF Rex Dangervest's new hat/hair combo might suffice? :shrug_confused:

If I'm buying a $300 Jurassic Park set, I might have to pick up this minifig to go with it.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

On 1/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I do hope it will be a new piece, especially because of Rex's long hair. But if they made a piece with shorter hair they could also use it for Muldoon!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

^But Muldoon has to remove his hat before he dies (In the book, he actually survives - along with Genarro, originally a good guy. Only Arnold, Nedry, and the worker die in both book and film).

I've read the book ;)

1 hour ago, Bornin1980something said:

^The book is gorier than the first film, which actually has surprisingly few human deaths. Have you counted them? I was surprised. 

That is very true. What I am not expecting from a new set: the official Lego Jurassic Park Compsognathus Nursery Infiltration ($15).

We just got setnumbers and prices for the summer wave thanks to FalconFan!

75934 - 25 euro

75935 - 60 euro

75936 - 70 euro

75937 - 90 euro

Lets start speculating shall we?

I hope we get some new dinosaurs in the expensive sets. The 25€ and maybe even 60€ setWill probably have a recolor of an existing dino. 

I speculate that we will either get two new dinosaurs, or one "new" one and one triceratops that we haven't seen used but once, years ago. Also there will probably be one human character who is repeated two or three times without variation, possibly Owen some more.

So admittedly I don’t remember the movies that well (and haven’t seen JW2), but what other dinos that aren’t enormous are there to produce, besides the sick triceratops? 

For those interested in speculating, here’s a list of what appeared in each movie:

Wiki of dinos