Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - Era II - Ch II - Cat. C] Blut im Auge

Fatu Hiva, Heart of darkness area, nowadays...

1l1p.jpg : You're hopeless Callaghan ! All the troubles of Fatu Hiva have one only cause : a massive flood of tourists !

za8k.jpg : Huh ??!

1l1p.jpg : Fatu Hiva was a fine, enough sized and far east isolated island, so I chose to install there a research lab about the works of Dr Glycol.

Dr Thaum : I have the psychotropic effect of Bru Ha-ha upgraded thanks to utricularia berries, but a little bit too much. A ointment I called ALSU.

Iauln : What is ALSU doctor ?

Dr Thaum : Errrr... alkaloid comforting plant to drink, my boy.

Moreover, Callaghan, the smokes of ALSU are thick enough and stick to the succulent plants everywhere in this forest... so this island slowly became an oversized psychotropic pill... So we need to stop this and sink without trace as quickly as possible. There could be a lot of collective hallucinations there before all the ALSU vanished.

The lab ! Here we are !

qrh1.jpg

Callaghan : AAAAH ! Heavens what is this montruous thing ! An hallucination ?

Dr Thaum : Don't be stupid Callaghan ! This is Rosetta ! Not an hallucination ! Only a baby utricularia just wanting to grow peacefully !

And I have to move it to another place... This island is not a place for a baby anymore !

tcnp.jpg

Callaghan : A baby ? This hideous plant !

Dr Thaum : You're a bonehead Callaghan ! Please, guys, be really careful with Rosetta and bring it quickly to the Andromeda with a fair amount of compost.

na0p.jpg

A sailor : Sure Doc !

cx70.jpg : Doctor, are those giants ants going to attack us ?

1l1p.jpg : Hum... Errr Callaghan, will you have look to the face of the little man please.

za8k.jpg : Eyes bloodshot, doctor...

1l1p.jpg : Too much ALSU smokes for him... Please mister Johnson, could you bring my little man to a safer area... You go with him to the Andromeda.

mwv0.jpg : OK doctor ! Anyway, all those inflatables champs everywhere around the lab made me a little skittish. Come on boy, where going back to the forest to pick some Smurfs.

Iauln : Yeah !! Great !

1l1p.jpg : The first sign, you have had too much ALSU, are bloodshot eyes, Callaghan, as you have saw it. Then your ALSU saturated brain is not able to have clear idea of what's going on anymore ! This is a must have for a drink in a tavern but this is useless and a little bit treacherous in a forest or at sea.

za8k.jpg : So we are going to see giants ants and inflatable champs ???

1l1p.jpg : You're a bonehead Callaghan !!! What you will see only depends on you and what you are feeling ! On this now dreadful island, you will probably face your most powerful fear !

za8k.jpg : AGGGLP !

1l1p.jpg : With ALSU smokes having spread almost everywhere inlands, the tourists now flooding the island will probably see dragons, or monsters...

You can imagine everything, an eslandolan banker will see the ghost of the bankruptcy or a throng of tax collectors !

Oleones explorers might find an hidden temple full of dark secrets, where an obtuse priest might fight a mighty demon !

The duke of Prio, will probably find here the Happy Bastion Barfly Club headquarter. Others will find a demonic portal, etc.

This could lead to many tragic events like riots...

A voice deep in the forest : En avant !! MONTJOIE !!!!

Dr Thaum : I was speaking about tourists.. here they come !

cxyf.jpg

Dr Thaum : OK Callaghan, what are you seing over there ?

Callaghan : Errrr... I think I had too much ALSU too, doctor...

vision of Callaghan : zqx7.jpg556z.jpg

Dr Thaum : You and me both, Callaghan, we must leave, come on !

vision of the Doctor : 06u5.jpg

THE END

Many thanks to @Ross Fisher who bring me back to this challenge (else I would have pass it by )

Another big thanks to Ross Fisher and @Captain Braunsfeld for the collab' and the ideas.

Ross : for the idol collab'

C. Braunsfeld : for the hallucinations collab'

thanks to @Keymonus for his great job.

C&C welcome

Edited by Professor Thaum

The lab could be licenced as a small/medium (as you want) cultural/educationnal property.

It is leaved to the good will of Fatu Hiva authorities, free for them to licence.

As others said, joining all  the stories together with mass hallucinations was a very clever idea. Both your story and your builds (the hidden lab! :grin_wub:) are great and fit very well with your character. I'm also looking forward to discovering who (or what) haunts the Doctor!

Challagan seems a little monomaniac, I really can't understand why he is so frightened by carnivorous plants! :grin: :grin: :grin:

:laugh: :rofl: Very clever way to tie the whole challenge together, mate!  Nice work with the builds, and excellent job on the story! :pir-sweet:

I really like the way you ended this ... The visions of the army are quite funny ... Plus I learned something ... The old plants fit on a minifig lol

On 9/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, Kwatchi said:

I chuckled at the conclusion.  Great story.

14 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I really like the way you ended this ... The visions of the army are quite funny ... Plus I learned something ... The old plants fit on a minifig lol

On 9/3/2018 at 3:39 PM, Keymonus said:

Both your story and your builds (the hidden lab! :grin_wub:) are great and fit very well with your character.

Challagan seems a little monomaniac, I really can't understand why he is so frightened by carnivorous plants! :grin: :grin: :grin:

On 9/4/2018 at 2:24 AM, Garmadon said:

Nice work with the builds, and excellent job on the story! :pir-sweet:

Thanks mates

On 9/2/2018 at 11:39 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Nice way to tie all of the plots together. Canon accepted.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:20 AM, Fraunces said:

I agree with Ross Fisher, also I applaud the elaborate well-thought of story :D

As others said, joining all  the stories together with mass hallucinations was a very clever idea.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:24 AM, Garmadon said:

:laugh: :rofl: Very clever way to tie the whole challenge together, mate! 

13 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Nice jungle scene, and I like your version of the story.

Yeah that was a good idea, thanks to @Captain Braunsfeld

I'm also looking forward to discovering who (or what) haunts the Doctor!

Stay tunned