Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

2 minutes ago, mtrsteve said:

I'm reading that there may have been a new leaked image, but can't find any trace of it. Has anyone seen a new leak today?

Heard that too, would have expected more buzz or descriptions if true :shrug_confused:

59 minutes ago, mtrsteve said:

I'm reading that there may have been a new leaked image, but can't find any trace of it. Has anyone seen a new leak today?

It's just the picture from the survey. Some guy on YT pretend it to be a new leak of the definitive set in order to buzz...

Yeah some one on reddit raised a fuss about it. I'm pretty sure it's just the old leaked image

On 4/8/2024 at 8:50 PM, upliftingbricks said:

Im by no means an expert and just going off the video but after 5 years parts can apply for exception from the rule but they are rarely granted (I don't know what rare means in terms of numbers) so its possible the Barding was one of the exceptions. Though from Lego POV I guess they have to weigh it up what storing a mold costs (apparently expensive) compared to redesigning (even if basically the same as old version)

Wasn't the factory visit video it was this video he published around same time as factory one

Seen it now and it seems legit if the source from the book is quoted right *huh*

Wasn’t Rivendell revealed to the LAN at an in-person event many months prior to it’s official reveal?

Given Barad dur is releasing in June, then some people ought to know by now how this set looks???

9 hours ago, hikouki said:

Wasn’t Rivendell revealed to the LAN at an in-person event many months prior to it’s official reveal?

Given Barad dur is releasing in June, then some people ought to know by now how this set looks???

Yes and the same most likely happed with this set last year, but what is your point? They have signed a NDA and have nothing to gain by leaking info so most of them keep their mouth shut (the rotten eggs are kicked out of the program).

On 4/12/2024 at 2:12 PM, kuzyabricks said:

Yeah some one on reddit raised a fuss about it. I'm pretty sure it's just the old leaked image

Yeah, seems it's much ado about nothing. The wait continues...

10 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Hopefully a reveal in about a month! 

If not sooner, I would expect very early May if the Rivendell tease was anything to go by!

Especially now all the Star Wars reveals are done.

8 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

If not sooner, I would expect very early May if the Rivendell tease was anything to go by!

Especially now all the Star Wars reveals are done.

The May SW sets are all reveled but we will still probably see the June SW sets before Barad-Dûr. Which I think is just the pilot Luke Mech, and the two Mando S3 sets. But yes, hopefully we will get either leaks or a teaser soon

I'm expecting a reveal on May 16th- May 17th. Usual timeframe of a bit under a month. I don't think it will leak since it's going to be a store exclusive but we will see

13 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

I'm expecting a reveal on May 16th- May 17th. Usual timeframe of a bit under a month. I don't think it will leak since it's going to be a store exclusive but we will see

I think this as well.  I doubt Lego would reveal it before May the fourth ends but would expect it anytime after the 7th but I would think definitely the week of the 13th through 17th for an official preview.

Does anyone know if discounts for Rivendell are likely to be affected by the reveal of Barad-dûr?

On the one hand, there will be a new shiny lotr set which may lead to better discounts? On the other hand, there might be renewed interest in the theme? Or it might simply not affect the Rivendell price at all?

I’ve been eyeing Rivendell at a discount for a while now (it’s currently at 13% off here).

Middle of May sounds about right for a reveal :thumbup: Can’t wait for that! It’s gonna be so surreal to finally see an armoured Sauron minifig after more than 10 years :laugh:

17 hours ago, Gnukan said:

Does anyone know if discounts for Rivendell are likely to be affected by the reveal of Barad-dûr?

On the one hand, there will be a new shiny lotr set which may lead to better discounts? On the other hand, there might be renewed interest in the theme? Or it might simply not affect the Rivendell price at all?

I’ve been eyeing Rivendell at a discount for a while now (it’s currently at 13% off here).

I suggest becoming a LEGO Insider member (its free) and waiting for an Insider discount or double Insider points with a nice GWP.

21 hours ago, Gnukan said:

I don´t see why they would make higher discounts just because Barad-Dûr will be revealed. I guess in sweden it is also sold by amazon? We were a few times close to 20% here, so I wouldn´t coun´t on much bigger ones. Best chance on Discounts probably is Black Friday.

On 4/17/2024 at 10:04 PM, Black Falcon said:

I don´t see why they would make higher discounts just because Barad-Dûr will be revealed. I guess in sweden it is also sold by amazon? We were a few times close to 20% here, so I wouldn´t coun´t on much bigger ones. Best chance on Discounts probably is Black Friday.

Sorry I worded it a bit weirdly, I was more worried about worse discounts due to increased interest in the theme. But I guess that’s not likely to happen?

10 hours ago, Gnukan said:

Sorry I worded it a bit weirdly, I was more worried about worse discounts due to increased interest in the theme. But I guess that’s not likely to happen?

No and I would rather think it would be more likely to get higher discounts rather than lower ones, since many people that wanted to buy the set might already have done now. We were not down to 400€ here yet (but just a bit above that) and I would be surprised if it doesn´t reach that mark this year. But well, the set beeing exclusive it is possible we won´t see much bigger discounts, though that is just speculation in the end.

10 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

No and I would rather think it would be more likely to get higher discounts rather than lower ones, since many people that wanted to buy the set might already have done now. We were not down to 400€ here yet (but just a bit above that) and I would be surprised if it doesn´t reach that mark this year. But well, the set beeing exclusive it is possible we won´t see much bigger discounts, though that is just speculation in the end.

Thanks! 

On 4/17/2024 at 5:16 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Middle of May sounds about right for a reveal :thumbup: Can’t wait for that! It’s gonna be so surreal to finally see an armoured Sauron minifig after more than 10 years :laugh:

Me too!! Honestly with the TIE Interceptor being "eh" for me, I am happy to save my money for Barad Dur. 

Even at a lower cost than Rivendell they can still release Barad Dur. It probably will not be mini figure scale anyway so there is some hope. Besides they might have it be a display piece more than a playable set. (Even Rivendell is somewhat playable, but at a much riskier level.) My personal preference (outside of Barad Dur, which, as a LOTR fan I SIMPLY MUST HAVE!) is perhaps a map of the entirety of Tolkiens world. Getting a set from the hobbit would be nice too. Something like Raven's Hill or Erebor.

Saw they are playing the extended editions in theaters this summer leading up to the new movie.  Good news for future sets, plus June we could get the set then go watch the movies in theater.

17 hours ago, sqidlord05 said:

Even at a lower cost than Rivendell they can still release Barad Dur. It probably will not be mini figure scale anyway so there is some hope. Besides they might have it be a display piece more than a playable set.

It really depends what definition of minifigure scale you use. It will not be minifigure scale if you define it by the dimensions of the location (tower) by the dimensions of a person. However, it will (hopefully) be minifigure scale in that minifigures can interact with the build. Orthanc, for example, is clearly not minifigure scale based on the height of the tower compared to the height of a minifigure, but it is minifigure scale in that the interiors are designed around minifigures. I also consider that both a display and play set. I hope Barad Dur is similar.

19 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Saw they are playing the extended editions in theaters this summer leading up to the new movie.  Good news for future sets, plus June we could get the set then go watch the movies in theater.

Them playing the movies this summer is because there is no moives really coming out.  It doesn't mean anything set wise.  This is really because hollywood has very few movies coming out this summer.  What we have to watch for is if War of the Rohirrim will have sets coming this winter when the movie releases.  And wait and see if there are rumors of upcoming LOTR sets in the future.  

7 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Them playing the movies this summer is because there is no moives really coming out.  It doesn't mean anything set wise.  This is really because hollywood has very few movies coming out this summer.  What we have to watch for is if War of the Rohirrim will have sets coming this winter when the movie releases.  And wait and see if there are rumors of upcoming LOTR sets in the future.  

Not really what I meant.  I meant that it is good news that there is more publicity leading up to the new movie this year.  I doubt replaying movies in theater leads to sets (that would be extreme wishing), it just leads to more visibility leading up to a new movie (more buzz about a new movie in the theme is good news for more future sets).  My main point was that it will be nice to watch the movies in theater the same month the set comes out.