Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Thanks for the links. Honestly not interested in any of them but they're good efforts. I'd hope for something closer to 9,000 or 10,000 pieces honestly - if it's possible for the Colosseum /Titanic/Eiffel Tower, hopefully they'd consider it to get sufficient detail for Minas Tirith.

That would be amazing! It would make it very expensive but I would pay pretty much any price for a well designed Minas Tirith :-)

Edited by Altair1

4 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Can you please share the link ?

It was a story on Instagram by TandnBricks, it's not available anymore. In Discord server Brickclicker has confirm it.  

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

It was a story on Instagram by TandnBricks, it's not available anymore. In Discord server Brickclicker has confirm it.  

So it's factual, the theme returns as full range in 2025 ? I can't see information anywhere.

Edited by Khargeust

2 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Thanks for the links. Honestly not interested in any of them but they're good efforts.

Exactly how I feel - they're good efforts, but not something I'd want to get.

39 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

So it's factual, the theme returns as full range in 2025 ? I can't see information anywhere.

It was this
VOp7JlI7.webp?ex=661d6b14&is=660af614&hm
Having a single set in 2025 in the vein of Rivendell/Barad Dur (or even a Brickhead) would be enough to fulfill it.

2 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Sadly I think there has been some confusion as I didn't confirm it sadly. T&Nbricks said it as part of an April foolhs joke I believe

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

Sadly I think there has been some confusion as I didn't confirm it sadly. T&Nbricks said it as part of an April foolhs joke I believe

Bummer, but the list definitely did look like a "this is what I'd like, but I have no reliable sources confirming any of it" post.

Posted (edited)

Doesn’t mean it still won’t happen. I hope it does. The time is right

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

4 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

It was this

Having a single set in 2025 in the vein of Rivendell/Barad Dur (or even a Brickhead) would be enough to fulfill it.

Well it doesn´t even say, that any of this would be true really, so all of it can be the joke then. Anyways LotR would be one of the more likely ones from that list to me.

Has a Fell Beast actually been “confirmed” in the latest rumors? That would be a dream come true. I imagine it will probably be small and brick built, but I would be very happy with something like this:

uaa62sbuk8rb1.jpg

40 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Has a Fell Beast actually been “confirmed” in the latest rumors? That would be a dream come true. I imagine it will probably be small and brick built, but I would be very happy with something like this:

To my knowledge, no reputable leakers have said a fell beast is coming in the set. It's just speculation with the Nazgul included. 

9 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

These are relatively small MOCs examples. If Lego decides to do a Minas Tirith on the scale of the upcoming Barad'Dur (5400+ pieces) I am pretty sure they can do much better than that (starting by increasing the number of wall layers), Here are a few bigger examples (but again, Lego has the means do do better)

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/58660122-6eea-44ec-bfb4-a0d26f4015fa/application/030a16d1-7cf4-42bc-aa24-211c9d433129

https://hpnonline.org/LEGO-Minas-Tirith-by-Nicola-Bozzolan-1-1-The-Brothers-Brick-2503472.html

https://www.brickfanatics.com/minas-tirith-lothlorien-lego-lotr-contest

https://www.brickfanatics.com/minas-tirith-lothlorien-lego-lotr-contest

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Thanks for the links. Honestly not interested in any of them but they're good efforts. I'd hope for something closer to 9,000 or 10,000 pieces honestly - if it's possible for the Colosseum /Titanic/Eiffel Tower, hopefully they'd consider it to get sufficient detail for Minas Tirith.

So you want an architecture style set without minifigures? Personally, I'd prefer a few buildings, courtyard, tree and minifigs.

Edited by MAB

What are the odds that Frodo and Sam have extra pieces for their orc disguises? I wonder if the newer Viking helmet could work as an orc helmet 

It’s odd but I’m most excited to see the orcs - 2012 set a style for the orcs that could be massively changed considering how different they are. It would be cool if two of the orcs resembled the two who squabble over Frodo’s mithril shirt as well 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

uaa62sbuk8rb1.jpg

I would honestly hate this. Don’t waste the parts on a midi scale Fell Beast. Use them for a bigger tower. That would serve no purpose at all. If they don’t do it right and do it justice, I’d rather they just didn’t do it 

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

What are the odds that Frodo and Sam have extra pieces for their orc disguises? I wonder if the newer Viking helmet could work as an orc helmet 

It’s odd but I’m most excited to see the orcs - 2012 set a style for the orcs that could be massively changed considering how different they are. It would be cool if two of the orcs resembled the two who squabble over Frodo’s mithril shirt as well 

I would be very happy if Gorbag and Shagrat are two of the Orcs, but there’s really nothing to base that hope on. They’re probably just random Orcs. Also, the gear for Frodo and Sam would need new molds that probably just won’t happen considering how many new molds are already going to be required for the set

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Any guess as to the dimensions of the Barad’Dur tower’s base (footprint). Trying to see if/where it could fit. Excited to see the actual announcement and the details of the build. Any day now? 

I expect the official info sometime in may.

The survey leak had it at 83 cm tall, 44 cm wide and 36 cm deep. But that could have changed in the meantime.

Posted (edited)

I think the inclusion of Gollum points to my prediction that the lower interior of the tower will be the magma chamber of Mount Doom where the ring was forged. 
(Especially as we saw a lava river on the leak)

Expecting a trans-orange floor with the walkway over the lava for posing Sauron or Frodo Vs Gollum.

I know it's technically Mount Doom, but it's too iconic not to include and will likely not be re-made anywhere else.

Do we know if the leak about The Mouth of Sauron was accurate, I'm very surprised by that inclusion.
Could it be a mistake and someone misidentified it for the Witch-King from a blurry leaked picture they saw? The helmets would look similar if blurred.

We know the original LotR moulds were destroyed, so why remake such an obscure character that didn't appear at this location rather than the Witch-King helm which could potentially be used later down the line.

Edited by TheDoctor

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I think the inclusion of Gollum points to my prediction that the lower interior of the tower will be the magma chamber of Mount Doom where the ring was forged. 
(Especially as we saw a lava river on the leak)

Expecting a trans-orange floor with the walkway over the lava for posing Sauron or Frodo Vs Gollum.

I know it's technically Mount Doom, but it's too iconic not to include and will likely not be re-made anywhere else.

Do we know if the leak about The Mouth of Sauron was accurate, I'm very surprised by that inclusion.
Could it be a mistake and someone misidentified it for the Witch-King from a blurry leaked picture they saw? The helmets would look similar if blurred.

We know the original LotR moulds were destroyed, so why remake such an obscure character that didn't appear at this location rather than the Witch-King helm which could potentially be used later down the line.

The Witch-King didn't appear in this location either. It makes sense to include the Mouth of Sauron for the same reasons you suggested incorporating the interior of Mount Doom into the tower. If there are no future plans to remake the Black Gate or explore Mordor any further, where else do you put this character? At least the Witch-King has other potential set options he can appear in for the future.

And again just for me personally I'd much rather see the Witch-King released in a set alongside an armored Eowyn to recreate their duel. That was their defining moment in the trilogy and its not the same having one character without the other. And while he could hypothetically appear in multiple sets he isn't a character I need several duplicate minifigures of. That's what the generic Nazgul are for.

I know it is still quite early as we have not even seen a leak of this Barad-dur set yet... but I wonder if Lego is indeed planning on the next set for next year? Weren't they already planning Barad-dur this time last year, or earlier? So if they release another LOTR set in 2025, I wonder if it will be another location, perhaps related to ROTK? And I wonder if this will be a pattern where it will be one big D2C every year? Will they focus just on the first three movies or include The Hobbit movies in their rotation of themes?

I don't think we'll get any big locations from the Hobbit trilogy outside of Bag End potentially including the dwarves. The only two that would really stand a chance of being made are Lake-town and Erebor but neither of them are anywhere near as iconic as the majority of locations seen in the LOTR trilogy.

If the theme is successful enough to touch on the Hobbit films I can definitely see a giant brick built Smaug set being on the table.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

MoS is the lieutenant of Barad dur so it makes sense to include the second in command of the tower in the set. I do wish we got a new character though, like a nazgul in its hobbit armor.

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

I know it is still quite early as we have not even seen a leak of this Barad-dur set yet... but I wonder if Lego is indeed planning on the next set for next year? Weren't they already planning Barad-dur this time last year, or earlier? So if they release another LOTR set in 2025, I wonder if it will be another location, perhaps related to ROTK? And I wonder if this will be a pattern where it will be one big D2C every year? Will they focus just on the first three movies or include The Hobbit movies in their rotation of themes?

If there is a set for next year it's already being designed and worked on so hopefully if there is we will hear something later this year.  

11 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

We know the original LotR moulds were destroyed,

We do?!

I know the goat mould was damaged at least so they could not use it, but I do not think that normally is what happens to moulds so that all(?) the LOTR moulds where destroyed seems unlikely to me:sceptic:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

We do?!

I know the goat mould was damaged at least so they could not use it, but I do not think that normally is what happens to moulds so that all(?) the LOTR moulds where destroyed seems unlikely to me:sceptic:

Well, they used new moulds for all the pieces (aside from the One Ring - as that one is still in use). Why would they do it if the old ones were around?