Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

10 minutes ago, Daanski said:

Well that sounds great! Any sources and extra info about this? 

I've seen a blurry pic.

It's white and seems to not have a sidebuild.

Edited by dimaks13

3 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

August set is not a new car but 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0.

That’s basically what we got in the two-pack right? Just in a new colour? No idea why they delayed this one

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Well it has already leaked.

Looks pretty decent, though those hubcaps seem to be bulging out somewhat? :shrug_confused:

44 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks pretty decent, though those hubcaps seem to be bulging out somewhat? :shrug_confused:

Did the same on the previous one we got.

75888-1.png

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

No idea why they delayed this one

Maybe it has some connection to the Forza Horizon 4 expansion?

I don't understand if it is lbg or white. In this case, first time and finally) for the technic connector in this colour!

I liked the look of the green Porsche, but didn't care for the rest of the set, so never bought it, a single car set however is more appealing to me, just the way it's sold.

I'd also be way more interested in the Classic Mini if it were it's own set.

Edited by TeriXeri

Blurry photo is from LEGO catalog for second half of the year so it is not watermarked. Looks white to me.

54 minutes ago, AllanSmith said:

Blurry photo is from LEGO catalog for second half of the year so it is not watermarked. Looks white to me.

Yes but it's still a leak. I tried to get that catalog but they said they aren't allow to give it out before the 15th.

12 hours ago, blurrkup said:
13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Did the same on the previous one we got.

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about that set for some reason. Now I get what's going on with the wheels since it's essentially the same build recolored (oddly)... :def_shrug:

Well, that is odd and unexpected... Im guessing the FH4 expansion would be reason to delay a set, but a simple recolour of an older car?

Even though i really enjoyed the 911 set (both the Turbo and RSR), if this doesnt bring anything new to the table compared to the old Turbo, i might skip it, there is little point in building the same thing twice, especially if the second time is in a less interesting colour.

Also, if the FH4 expansion is indeed the tie-in, then why is this set launching at the end of july/early august? The FH4 expansion drops this week.. and the 720s proved that lego has the capabilities in place to launch a single set completely out of sync with regular waves. If this 911 recolour is indeed something special for the FH4 expansion, it would have been launched this month. And besides, ill admit im not 100% on FH4, but that game seems much more current supercar focussed, so a 911 Turbo from the 70s seems like a poor fit to begin with, and even more so as a special tie-in, given that the Senna is given such a huuuuuge place in the announcement video. If they were doing an FH4 tie-in, i'd much more expect it to be something new and flashy, and be the "poster car" for the game.

This 911 makes much more sense coupled with something from porsche themselves, maybe a 911 turbo heritage program, where they modernize and restore those old turbos?

1 hour ago, sLoRzYsLo88 said:

This is a new lego speed champions set

Screenshot_20190611_151250.jpg

I really don't know why the new set is simply a recolour of a design they've done before. Maybe they liked it so much they had to do it again. Or maybe it was to make the 911 Turbo more easily accessible to those who couldn't afford the set it originally came from. Such a mystery.

I'm not all that impressed, too many similar looking Porsches let alone another white colored one...wish it was an all new vehicle or at least a 911 in some new wacky color like purple.   

My guess is that the 930 model itself  was far more popular than they anticipated and/or what they initially had planned has some licensing issues.

I’ll still pick it up just so I can convert it into this: http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/09/some-cars-go-and-others-stay-magnus-walkers-1971-porsche-911-277/

Edited by TheLegoPerson9

Waaat? Lame. Of all the compelling classics, cool new cars, interesting historical racers doubling up on an existing build is ridiculously lame. Can’t believe they’d go as far as thinking this was a good idea let alone all the work packaging marketing etc. Doesn’t look like they fixed the stupid wheel/tire combination either. Not at all remotely compelling, even worse as a missed opportunity to do something cool.

(the 930 in all metallic silver would be nice tho)

Edited by prototyp

I wonder if that Porsche set is gonna have anything beside the car, most other cars got wheel covers or some modification bits (catalog doesn't show it for the other sets like the F40 either)

Still I can understand some reasoning behind selling it seperately, the other set was €40, not just because of the extra car, but also the side build and 3 total minifigs.

I am one of those people that certainly has a higher potential to buy the white Porsche as standalone instead of the €40 set.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, prototyp said:

Waaat? Lame. Of all the compelling classics, cool new cars, interesting historical racers doubling up on an existing build is ridiculously lame. Can’t believe they’d go as far as thinking this was a good idea let alone all the work packaging marketing etc. Doesn’t look like they fixed the stupid wheel/tire combination either. Not at all remotely compelling, even worse as a missed opportunity to do something cool. (the 930 in all metallic silver would be nice tho)

Amen

It could be that TLG decided to showcase a new build method that yields the same external appearance though I'm not sure why they would do this. Would be better if they would do the 2.7 which was more famous. Let's hope it's a mistake or deliberate "misleak" and actually be something much cooler although I highly doubt this was the case. I wonder why they did this.

Edited by SDRFormula1