Dear train fans,

it's time for holidays and for a new step in my European Tour :wink:

europa.jpg

...time to visit Sweden...

svezia.jpg

...with the SJ Da 939! :wub:

da939-001.jpg

da939-002.jpg

I found on the net two models built in Lego (by Selander Da Locomotive and Haddock51 Dm3 Locomotive) but none with the cam transmission system

da939-004.jpg

da939-008.jpg

thanks to zephyr1934 :thumbup: for his custom pistons that made this model possible!

As always the model has a switch with different positions, to turn the motor on and turn the motor on with lights

da939-005.jpg

da939-003.jpg

Now a little show:

da939-009.jpg

da939-010.jpg

da939-006.jpg

da939-007.jpg

da939-011.jpg

da939-012.jpg

da939-013.jpg

da939-014.jpg

See you next month for the last episode of the European tour! :classic:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Lovely rendition of this awesome veteran! :wub:

What a brilliantly conceived SNOT-work for the locomotive body! The pantographs are also very clever. :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Tenderlok
typo

On 8/5/2018 at 12:29 PM, Tenderlok said:

The pantographs are also very clever. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Tenderlok, the pantographs are nice but extremely expensive and fragile ... going back I think I would design them differently! :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Thank you Roadmonkeytj :classic:

Your welcome ... So Im examining your running gear photo ... Does the motor turn the essentric to move the rods which turn the wheels or am I missing a gear connected to one of the wheels?

On 8/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Does the motor turn the essentric to move the rods which turn the wheels or am I missing a gear connected to one of the wheels?

Yes it's correct: the motor turn only the cam and the rods transfer the motion ...no gear is connected to the wheels! :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Yes it's correct: the motor turn only the cam and the rods transfer the motion ...no gear is connected to the wheels! :thumbup:

Very awesome how it its speed/traction using this method

Perfect assembly of a complex form. It was very similar. And worthy technical solutions. I want to note that all your work is educational, not only in terms of the art of lego modeling, but also acquaintance of those interested in the railway park of the whole world. It remains only to quietly dream, when your gaze may fall on the railway park a little east of Europe. On a country with exceptionally long railways ...:blush: :wub:

Well said @Nemo57. A beautiful model which captures the shapes of the original well, and a good one for the penultimate model of this interesting project. I only wonder if yellow trans-clear "lenses" might work better for the headlights; they'd give a warmer glow than the cool white, better matching the reference image. Otherwise a great work, as we've come to expect!

16 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Very awesome how it its speed/traction using this method

Sorry I had not seen the question ... the speed is lower than the standard lego train set, but the pulling force is higher :thumbup:

14 hours ago, Nemo57 said:

It remains only to quietly dream, when your gaze may fall on the railway park a little east of Europe. On a country with exceptionally long railways ...:blush: :wub:

I know what you mean but I don't know much about those areas and I struggle to find an iconic model :look:

1 hour ago, ColletArrow said:

I only wonder if yellow trans-clear "lenses" might work better for the headlights; they'd give a warmer glow than the cool white, better matching the reference image.

Thanks for the good advice! :classic:

7 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I know what you mean but I don't know much about those areas and I struggle to find an iconic model :look:

Well, I think you can always find something cult and interesting in any country.:thumbup:

356be37ab2.jpg

Edited by Nemo57

Very nice model and very interesting cam mechanism, compliments to you for having implemented it.

As regard that east european country nemo57 refers to I have three iconic models for you  :ugh::

http://www.wikiwand.com/de/S%C5%BDD-Baureihe_%D0%9F38

http://loco.skyrocket.de/data/szd_aa20.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garratt#/media/File:Ya-01.jpg

good luck

Sergio

5 hours ago, monai said:

Very nice model and very interesting cam mechanism, compliments to you for having implemented it.

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the hint about the models :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Oh man, you keep turning out so many of these great trains.

Thank you so much Man with a hat ...my trains collection is near to be completed and soon I hope to show the whole work :moar:

Excellent job like ever,everytime i tell you, someday you have to made me a tutorial for the stickers!

18 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Great job.  Box cab electrics are cool.  :classic:

Thanks dr_spock ...now I'm waiting for your next clever idea :wink:

5 hours ago, Gioppa said:

Excellent job like ever,everytime i tell you, someday you have to made me a tutorial for the stickers!

Thank you Gioppa, I'm pleased that you like my work and my stickers ...if you need I can send you an instruction about the first steps around the world of Adobe Illustrator :classic:

On 8/8/2018 at 3:31 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Thanks dr_spock ...now I'm waiting for your next clever idea :wink:

Thank you Gioppa, I'm pleased that you like my work and my stickers ...if you need I can send you an instruction about the first steps around the world of Adobe Illustrator :classic:

I too would love that tutorial lol