According to ninja whip, the summer 2019 sets are going to be really good. So.. that's cool.

..is there some kind of top-secret leaker club..

3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

According to ninja whip, the summer 2019 sets are going to be really good. So.. that's cool.

First rule of leak club: Do not tell anyone about leak club.

Second rule of leak club: Do not tell anyone about leak club.

Third rule of leak club: Do not elaborate on leaked info until closer to the release date. It creates a hype cycle, and annoys people with no patience.

13 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

soo no legacy sets in the summer?? are we going to get sets from the tv movie or unless the legacy wave will end up have something to do with a tv movie ??

My guess is that the summer wave will have a mix of special and 2HY 2019 show sets. 

so it seems the Hageman brothers have announced, that they'll leave Ninjago, but that the show will not end. Sad to me, because the only season I dislike so far, is the one where they were least involved (Vermillions).

On 12/10/2018 at 8:44 PM, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Blame Canada.

The USA is way ahead of you. ;)

I like how people already claim to know what the summer sets will be. But we do have the March and on sets so why not? Just hoping for awesome torsos.

There were set leaks last December, too. Maybe that'll happen again.. weird to think about how close the year is to being over.

Just FYI, cache.LEGO.com has been updated with images of the new sets! Brickset has gone ahead and pulled them, so you can see all the alternate pics by clicking "more images" for each of the sets: https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Ninjago/year-2019 That includes one of our clearest pics yet of the back of the Ultra Dragon.

It's kind of a bummer that the new spinners seem to require (or at least encourage) removing Master Wu's hat before spinning him, since you spin the figures by their heads now. On the other hand, that probably also explains why the ninja hoods were redesigned to a more classic look that doesn't rotate as freely.

On a bit of a side note: I wonder when we'll see more sets that have the ninja with their hair… the movie did a good job making most of the ninja's hair pieces pretty easy to obtain, but in non-movie sets the hair pieces have only appeared sporadically. We're still waiting on a silver recolor of Zane's new hairdo, and also Cole's hairstyle that he now has in the show (his "casual" hair from the movie) remains much rarer than the other ninja's hair, appearing only in the Ninjago Movie Series blind bags and now also Ninjago City Docks.

Honestly, I still wish that there were more sets that included both the ninja's hair AND their hoods.

17 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Honestly, I still wish that there were more sets that included both the ninja's hair AND their hoods.

While I agree I doubt that will happen. LEGO wants you to buy more sets just to get both the hood and the hair for each character. I'm just thankful for the fact other themes sets are finally giving hair and helmets for sets. 

I'm glad we are back to one piece hoods, the two piece ones were useless as you could wear the face mask and their hair at the same time.

Edited by Maple

42 minutes ago, Maple said:

While I agree I doubt that will happen. LEGO wants you to buy more sets just to get both the hood and the hair for each character. I'm just thankful for the fact other themes sets are finally giving hair and helmets for sets. 

I'm glad we are back to one piece hoods, the two piece ones were useless as you could wear the face mask and their hair at the same time.

I dunno, I liked the mixing-and-matching potential of the two-piece hoods, as well as the way they didn't inhibit either the figures' ability to rotate their heads or their ability to wear a varied range of neck/torso accessories. These new hoods are perfectly fine visually, but in terms of customization potential, they're a step backward from even the 2012 or 2015 hood pieces, since the tassels in the back of the hood and possibly even the mouth cover in the front might collide with a lot of torso armor pieces.

And while I doubt LEGO would ever make including both hoods and hair standard for ALL sets, they haven't been afraid to include both options in some sets… for example, 70738 in 2015, the Jay/Cole/Kai/Zane/Lloyd magazine gift sets in 2017, and the Spinjitzu Lloyd/Spinjitzu Nya magazine gift minifigures in 2018.

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind if the hair were available more widely in SEPARATE sets from the hoods. After all, I wind up getting duplicate ninja figures pretty often anyhow just by getting the sets I'm most interested in for other reasons — alternately including hair or hood options would at least make extra ninja figures in the same costumes feel a little less redundant, as in the case of the summer 2017 Destiny's Bounty/Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon sets or the summer 2018 Throne Room Showdown/Oni Titan sets.

But by comparison, each of the original four ninja's Hunted costumes appear in two to three different sets, all with the same hood pieces. Each of the six ninja's main Legacy costumes appear in three to five different sets, all with the same hood piece. I suppose spreading the hood pieces around helps offset the costs of introducing those molds/recolors (though in the Hunted wave they were all molds/recolors that had already been introduced in previous waves), and also helps retain the iconic ninja look kids expect.

But even so, is there any reason that they couldn't have included their hair pieces either instead of or in addition to their hoods in at least ONE of those sets, as they did with the summer 2018 Lloyd and Nya figures? Like, the less battle-focused design of the new Monastery set seems like an ideal opportunity to include the ninja's hair to more clearly reinforce that it's a place where they can live and train when they're NOT out on ninja missions.

It certainly doesn't spoil my appreciation for the minifigures or the sets, which are all excellent designs in their own right. But it still feels a bit like a missed opportunity. And I worry that unless the summer 2019 sets start using the ninja's hair pieces more widely again, it's going to get harder and harder to obtain them as more of the Ninjago Movie sets retire.

The Legacy sets hit me right in the nostalgias. They reminded me that it has been five years since I last bought a Ninjago set. I decided to try some of the new stuff and also to watch the show for the first time which has led to me buying a TON of the current stuff and some old stuff too. (The Hunters sets are very good.) So I guess the whole Legacy line is a massive success in regards to me because it caused me to get interested in the theme again. 

4 hours ago, Echo said:

The Legacy sets hit me right in the nostalgias. They reminded me that it has been five years since I last bought a Ninjago set. 

Five years?! Are you including the Movie sets? Those are pretty awesome. After I get some stuff done I have to build the huge boat.

18 hours ago, Maple said:

Five years?! Are you including the Movie sets? Those are pretty awesome. After I get some stuff done I have to build the huge boat.

Yup. Up until last Friday, the last time I bought Ninjago sets was around this time in 2013 when I picked up the Garmatron and Cole's Earth Driller on a Black Friday sale via Amazon and, shortly after, the Temple of Light, the Samurai X mech, and the Overborg Attack from TRU and Target. I'm very selective about the LEGO sets I get. Also, in the past, I had space and money limitations due to being a college student who still lived with my parents. I meant to get more of the 2014 sets, but I never did. Ultra Agents and Arctic really grabbed my attention and money that year. Since then, I've still admired Ninjago sets, but the space/money constraints still remained until I graduated and got a job. Now, I have the space and money to get whatever LEGO sets I want and right now, that is Ninjago. (And it will likely eventually include the aforementioned huge boat at some point.)

Brickseek has most of the Legacy sets in the Target system with pricing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first sighting of "in stock" occurs within the next week. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, GarmaFan said:

Who knows? :wink: Some folks are aware of what is coming in the summer, yes.

I'm not aware of any Legacy sets that are set (planned) for the summer of next year, but I'm only aware of a few kits at this point along the line  As it is, I get the impression that the reception to the Legacy line has sounded a bit mixed, so it should be a relief to hear that Ninjago is spinning into a different direction at this juncture. Should be exciting; they certainly sound like a change of pace.

I would assume that most of the winter wave will be available stateside within a week or so.

Edited by Azani

Quick heads up. I just wanted to let everyone know that there are reviews on youtube of almost all the new legacy sets from a youtuber. Only sets not reviewed by him are the Monastery Training and Samurai Mech. 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:43 PM, Aanchir said:

Just FYI, cache.LEGO.com has been updated with images of the new sets! Brickset has gone ahead and pulled them, so you can see all the alternate pics by clicking "more images" for each of the sets: https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Ninjago/year-2019 That includes one of our clearest pics yet of the back of the Ultra Dragon...

Has anyone noticed that the back of the boxes have some secret message printed on in Ninjago lingo?

It's printed on the left side of each boxes back close to where you can open them.

My ninjagoese is a bit rusty,but it's written in the standart letters used since the Ninjago Movie.

3 hours ago, badchriss said:

Has anyone noticed that the back of the boxes have some secret message printed on in Ninjago lingo?

It's printed on the left side of each boxes back close to where you can open them.

My ninjagoese is a bit rusty,but it's written in the standart letters used since the Ninjago Movie.

It's just the name of the set in the Ninjago alphabet... nothing interresting

So the legacy suits do seem to appear in the special but the special is called ninjago march of the oni not legacy 

Edited by Falconfan1414

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the legacy suits do seem to appear in the special but the special is called ninjago march of the oni not legacy 

Or it could be that the Special is Legacy and after that season 10 is March of the Oni.

17 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Or it could be that the Special is Legacy and after that season 10 is March of the Oni.

No. This is the special. It's also the season. It's also the movie. There is no Legacy special. 

It's a four episode season, that will air as a tv special. And maybe a movie. 

So.. I think all the speculation about the Legacy sets being canon through time-travel and old villains coming back is over. Just Oni.

Edited by GarmaFan

If we do get the main oni bad guy it will probably use the mask mold introduced in sons of Garmadon and two of the Flame Tribal W/Shaft pieces

Edited by Falconfan1414