All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ShowsOn

42100 Liebherr R9800 Excavator

I like a long build process e.g. for Extreme Adventure, Arocs, and Rough Terrain Crane. I'm a bit concerned that the mechanics may be simplistic in 42100 given the 1 function per motor. I think it is possible that they wanted a set with 2 hubs and 7 motors as the initial Control+ set because it means they can start mass production of the parts in order to benefit from economies of scale so each individual motor and hub becomes cheaper to manufacture. This will effectively bring down the cost price when the Control+ hubs and motors are included in smaller sets in the future, which means those sets will become more profitable. I doubt future Control+ flagships will have 7 motors. 2 or 3 plus complex gear boxes seems more likely. Remote controlled gear boxes driving automated pneumatics would be great.
  3. Henry 991

Lego Technic to 2 mm steel shaft adapters

Thanks! Indeed, I have been looking at this. Didn’t know that it was you had made it. Already sourced the fitting bearings (156zz). The pros of this one are clear: you can have low rolling resistance bearings while still using the Lego axle. However, to complement this, some applications require regular Lego brick/beam. There the steel axle and smaller size bearing and train wheel/Lego gear shaft adapter is handy. I will probably end up using both solutions where suitable.
  4. LittleJohn

Collection of Medieval Tutorials

Footbridge Tutorial #2
  5. Digger of Bricks

The Sword of the Seas has arrived to LEGO Ideas dockss

Well, it is already on a pretty good roll with about 160+ supporters after only a day...
  6. Digger of Bricks

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

As always @paokus! Congratulations on already gathering more than 150 supporters!!!
  7. 5770 Lighthouse Island has been sitting on my Sons' shelf for years, gathering dust and gradually losing pieces to that strange place where Lego bricks just disappear to. But, Benny can rebuild it, he has the technology. Lighthouse, Lighthouse, Lighthouse! on flickr Thanks to Bob De Quatre for the contest! This has persuaded my Son away from Lego video games to do some actual construction with his Dad! Cheers.
  8. Digger of Bricks

Figbarf Thread

Also, check out these Adventurers and Alpha Team themed Figbarfs from @Wat Tambor!
  9. K_W

[MOC] Eadu Turbo Laser

I really love these turret builds that show the massive scale of them! Well done!
  10. Hello, I'm in the process of modifying my design, so i'm not gonna release the LDD file quite yet. Sorry for the delay ! Thanks !
  11. Roadmonkeytj

MOC : Super-Dad is Coming to Save the Day!

I love this scene... You've captured the chaos of a gang well. There are tons of little Easter eggs in this as well as great parts usage. I'm assuming "dad" is the biker jumping over the clever billboard? Honestly he gets kinda washed out with everything else going on. If I were just looking with no explanation I would have just assumed he was part of the billboard. I think a "smoke/dust" trail coming from under him to extend him further out from the board to make it look as if he's already jumped it and is on his way down would grab more attention to him.
  12. AfolFree

SB00201 TS-PROJECT (MOC Tie Silencer UCS)

Well, now you know how europeans feel when they need to buy pieces in the US
  13. for what it is worth, that hoth freebie, is labeled for may 1st through the 31st ... not just the may 4th weekend ... is there still hope for an exclusive may 4th fig ?!??
  14. This is one of those cases where Technic panels do look very good on a System set.
  15. Roadmonkeytj

[MOC] Haunted House Ride

Excited to see this come together... These are great details!
  16. ic3cold

SB00201 TS-PROJECT (MOC Tie Silencer UCS)

Wow crazy. $110+ to order this and have it shipped to Canada. The priority shipping is more than the unit itself 👎
  17. coaster

Here you go. Made this for Andy a few years ago: https://www.shapeways.com/product/7NQ5Q7QYM/1x2-lego-reg-technic-reg-brick-for-156zz-bearing?optionId=61828901&li=marketplace
  18. Pdaitabird

Star Wars

It may not be the second Death Star...my own personal theory is that it's one of the twenty-three other death stars that were destroyed off-screen. Seriously, bad guys, quit building death stars already!
  19. Today
  20. Well, that's... disappointing. On another note: are there any new pieces being used for the 75244: Tantive IV set, not counting the printed minifigure parts or new colors? I've looked through the pictures but don't see anything.
  21. Henry 991

Thanks for sharing your ideas! On the 3D printed option, I haven't yet found the printing service in Europe that should be used. in Shapeways, there are basically two options: "Fine Detail Plastic" that is their resin-based plastic. Supports wall-thickness of 0.2 mm "Multi Jet Fusion Plastic PA12", or nylon (slightly stronger than ABS of Legos). Wall-thickness down to 0.5 mm If you look at the geometry of Technic axle, the wall would be approximately 0,5 mm at smallest with the 2 mm shaft hole. So technically both would work. I probably still go to the resin, as it's higher accuracy. If anyone has tips, please let me know. I'll probably make the design available in Shapeways if this succeeds. Best, H
  22. leafan

Hello!

Welcome to Eurobricks, Laszlo! Pleased to have you join our community.
  23. BacktoBricks

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The May 4th promo Hoth diorama set has been revealed. Very disappointing in my opinion - no figure like the HP and Marvel micro promo sets and a micro scale scene that many MOC builders have done before. :(
  24. leafan

Hello!

Welcome to Eurobricks buddy. Thanks for joining us here.
  1. Load more activity