Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

13 hours ago, Borex said:

Y’all need to start buying chinese brands minifigures. There is a great set with all those Kree soldiers. If Lego doesn’t want us to have the real deal, then just buy the chinese alternatives. 

My biggest complaint with this set is, that this set looks better than most official sets they come up for Marvel. I understand of course they do that with kids in mind (it’s still a toy), but for the mature fans of lego it feels pretty frustrating.

However mad I get at lego, I'll never resort to buying knockoffs. Not only is it buying something dubiously legal if not outright copyright infringement, and just just a jacka** thing to do, but it actually worsens the problem you are trying to solve by taking revenue from lego, which means they have to lower the detail and amount of sets.

6 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

A reliable leaker is saying there is another sdcc set with either Stan, Ditko spidey, scale cap, Gwenpool, Ronin, or Stealth suit cap. 

If this is real and one of those figures is a sdcc exclusive, I riot.

There's almost certainly only one marvel set for SDCC. Also, that's literally just a list of all the figures people really want, and the leaker literally says those are just guesses in the image!!! You need to read things more carefully.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In summary - they make amazing sets for exclusive events, but they give us the garbage like Endgame wave.

I’m 100% with you on that.

Someone said that they would rather have the sets come out accurately and more detailed after the movie comes out instead of garbage before it comes out and basing it on concept art. I would rather they split their budget in 2. Half for sets before the movie comes out to ride that hype train and give us good sets to the best of their ability and half after the movie that are up to SDCC levels of quality. 

This set in particular is great because it has the playability of a vehicle but also displayability for adult collectors. So yeah, if Lego ever decides to finally listen to us: we would love more like this but for regular release!!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

However mad I get at lego, I'll never resort to buying knockoffs. Not only is it buying something dubiously legal if not outright copyright infringement, and just just a jacka** thing to do, but it actually worsens the problem you are trying to solve by taking revenue from lego, which means they have to lower the detail and amount of sets.

There's almost certainly only one marvel set for SDCC. Also, that's literally just a list of all the figures people really want, and the leaker literally says those are just guesses in the image!!! You need to read things more carefully.

I buy knockoff figures of characters that lego doesn’t give us. I’m not sorry at all, I have no regrets about it. If lego won’t deliver, I’ll find a way to get those figures. And they’re dirt cheap. I’m not taking any revenue away from lego. They didn’t make them so I got them from someone who did. I still bought lego’s products. If lego wants more revenue from their marvel theme, then they should make those figures. It’s not like I’m buying knockoffs INSTEAD of lego brand. I’m just filling in the minifigure gaps where Lego didn’t deliver. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I buy knockoff figures of characters that lego doesn’t give us. I’m not sorry at all, I have no regrets about it. If lego won’t deliver, I’ll find a way to get those figures. And they’re dirt cheap. I’m not taking any revenue away from lego. They didn’t make them so I got them from someone who did. I still bought lego’s products. If lego wants more revenue from their marvel theme, then they should make those figures.

Same

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

I’m 100% with you on that.

Someone said that they would rather have the sets come out accurately and more detailed after the movie comes out instead of garbage before it comes out and basing it on concept art. I would rather they split their budget in 2. Half for sets before the movie comes out to ride that hype train and give us good sets to the best of their ability and half after the movie that are up to SDCC levels of quality. 

This set in particular is great because it has the playability of a vehicle but also displayability for adult collectors. So yeah, if Lego ever decides to finally listen to us: we would love more like this but for regular release!!!!!!!

That's a great idea! Maybe like one set for solo movies, two for team-ups, and then they give us some actual good stuff, or maybe even no sets before the movie. It's always about the money, so it wouldn't work, but it's still a great idea for fans.

56 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I buy knockoff figures of characters that lego doesn’t give us. I’m not sorry at all, I have no regrets about it. If lego won’t deliver, I’ll find a way to get those figures. And they’re dirt cheap. I’m not taking any revenue away from lego. They didn’t make them so I got them from someone who did. I still bought lego’s products. If lego wants more revenue from their marvel theme, then they should make those figures. It’s not like I’m buying knockoffs INSTEAD of lego brand. I’m just filling in the minifigure gaps where Lego didn’t deliver. 

Buying knockoff lego is always taking revenue from lego, whether due to buying your knockoffs when you otherwise would have bought lego or buying stuff from companies that exist to leech off lego by fooling people into thinking it's lego/ getting people such as you to buy it. It's also a clear violation of copyright laws, and therefore illegal. The only reason lego hasn't taken these companies down is because they're in china, and china's corrupt government won't let lego, or disney, or any IP owner go after them. Buying any sort of knockoff is bad, but with marvel, it takes revenue from disney, marvel, and lego.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's a great idea! Maybe like one set for solo movies, two for team-ups, and then they give us some actual good stuff, or maybe even no sets before the movie. It's always about the money, so it wouldn't work, but it's still a great idea for fans.

It's always about the money because if all their sets were SDCC captain marvel types, less kids, their main source of revenue, buy them.

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Buying knockoff lego is always taking revenue from lego, whether due to buying your knockoffs when you otherwise would have bought lego or buying stuff from companies that exist to leech off lego by fooling people into thinking it's lego/ getting people such as you to buy it. It's also a clear violation of copyright laws, and therefore illegal. The only reason lego hasn't taken these companies down is because they're in china, and china's corrupt government won't let lego, or disney, or any IP owner go after them. Buying any sort of knockoff is bad, but with marvel, it takes revenue from disney, marvel, and lego.

Whatever man, if you don’t want highly detailed minifigures of awesome characters that lego doesn’t make, that’s your choice. I can live with mine.

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Whatever man, if you don’t want highly detailed minifigures of awesome characters that lego doesn’t make, that’s your choice. I can live with mine.

You can get this same thing from customs. Using Lego parts and supporting the people who actually make that. Also, most of these knockoffs steal designs directly from these small customisers and buying from them is directly damaging small businesses from stolen designs, renders and moulds.

16 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

You can get this same thing from customs. Using Lego parts and supporting the people who actually make that. Also, most of these knockoffs steal designs directly from these small customisers and buying from them is directly damaging small businesses from stolen designs, renders and moulds.

Too expensive. I can’t spend $30-$50 on each figure. I don’t have any issues buying bootlegs. I understand what they are but if it’s my best option then it’s my best option

5 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Guys, I think we’ll be fine. SDCC sets do not include exclusive figures. They never have. 

Rocket’s Warbird: figure was made available to the public 4 months later.

Classic TV Batmobile: Juniors Batman and Robin.

Mini Star Wars Ghost: Chopper is in other sets.

Aquaman Seahorse set: classic Aquaman fig with hair that could be found elsewhere.

Milenium Falcon Cockpit from Solo: Chewie and Han are in other sets.

Giant Man bust thing: Wasp was from the set.

Ultron Throne: figs found in AoU sets

Only Rocket was exclusive and that was for a short period of time. I cannot see Lego stopping this trend so while I don’t believe the set will hit shelves (it says SDCC EXCLUSIVE, exclusive being they key word, unlike the Vader set where all it said was Chicago 2019 Star Wars Celebration) I do believe we will see Maria’s head used elsewhere for other figs (different from Women of NASA set since the NASA head has red lipstick whereas Maria’s just looks similar to a color swap of Scarlet Witch’s head) and also believe that we will have a polybag of Vers with this torso and a bunch of stickers like how these polybags usually have. I could even see them making it a promo fig. 

I sincerely hope you're right, for Lego's sake.  

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Too expensive. I can’t spend $30-$50 on each figure. I don’t have any issues buying bootlegs. I understand what they are but if it’s my best option then it’s my best option

The only time I was okay with tossing my official-fig-and-purist-custom-only mindset out the window I got cheated out of $22. 

Bought the COMBATBRICK Executioner (aka Punisher figure) for the skull vest since everyone who owns it loves it and says its molded in quality ABS plastic and the printing is up to Lego’s standard.

Paid for it and got the confirmation code emailed to me but no tracking code. Waited like a month for it to arrive when they said it would arrive in a week, and when it never did I emailed them. A year later and no reply and no figure.

10 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I sincerely hope you're right, for Lego's sake.  

I really only typed all that up and made that connection to convince myself. ? Fingers crossed.

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Buying knockoff lego is always taking revenue from lego, whether due to buying your knockoffs when you otherwise would have bought lego or buying stuff from companies that exist to leech off lego by fooling people into thinking it's lego/ getting people such as you to buy it.

I sort of disagree. I pick up bootlegs of characters that either don't exist, are no longer available/are prohibitively expensive or can't be created with official parts. Characters like Daredevil and The Thing simply aren't possible to obtain through lego whatsoever, and characters like The Phoenix are so expensive that they may as well not exist. Characters like that I don't mind having bootlegs of as stand-ins until the official ones are released. For example, I had bootleg Spider-Man 2099 and Noir figures for a while. When 2099 was released officially, I bought the set and tossed the bootleg. When they released the Stealth Suit, I used its head with some other parts to make a purist Noir, again tossing the bootleg. My point is that Lego gets my money regardless of whether or not I'm going to pick up bootlegs as stand-ins. I'll always want the official version if it's possible to get it.

Anyway, back on topic, that Captain Marvel set looks fantastic. Honestly it's a damn shame that I won't be able to get a copy for a reasonable price. Here's hoping we get a set in the future with Kree soldiers or something to make that torso readily available to us normal folk.

Edited by shadefoundry

6 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I sort of disagree. I pick up bootlegs of characters that either don't exist, are no longer available/are prohibitively expensive or can't be created with official parts. Characters like Daredevil and The Thing simply aren't possible to obtain through lego whatsoever, and characters like The Phoenix are so expensive that they may as well not exist. Characters like that I don't mind having bootlegs of as stand-ins until the official ones are released. For example, I had bootleg Spider-Man 2099 and Noir figures for a while. When 2099 was released officially, I bought the set and tossed the bootleg. When they released the Stealth Suit, I used its head with some other parts to make a purist Noir, again tossing the bootleg. My point is that Lego gets my money regardless of whether or not I'm going to pick up bootlegs as stand-ins. I'll always want the official version if it's possible to get it.

Anyway, back on topic, that Captain Marvel set looks fantastic. Honestly it's a damn shame that I won't be able to get a copy for a reasonable price. Here's hoping we get a set in the future with Kree soldiers or something to make that torso readily available to us normal folk.

Completely agree about the bootlegs. If there’s an official version available, I’ll get it hands down. If not, I’ll get a bootleg. For example, I have bootlegs of all the characters from movies that were never covered by Lego before they got the license such as Whiplash, Iron Monger, Abomination, etc. I’ve made several purist customs when I could. Otherwise, I get the bootleg. But I will always choose lego when the option is there

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Completely agree about the bootlegs. If there’s an official version available, I’ll get it hands down. If not, I’ll get a bootleg. For example, I have bootlegs of all the characters from movies that were never covered by Lego before they got the license such as Whiplash, Iron Monger, Abomination, etc. I’ve made several purist customs when I could. Otherwise, I get the bootleg. But I will always choose lego when the option is there

If I could afford an official Jean Gray minifig, I would get it. Unfortunately I don't have $200+ to spend on a single minifig, let alone multiple minifigs that are each at that price range. I absolutely go out of my way to get my hands on official versions of figures released in actual sets though. Basically for me if the option is there and it's not stupidly expensive, I take it, but I refuse to spend a month's worth of groceries on a single minifigure. Not yet at least.

15 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

If I could afford an official Jean Gray minifig, I would get it. Unfortunately I don't have $200+ to spend on a single minifig, let alone multiple minifigs that are each at that price range. I absolutely go out of my way to get my hands on official versions of figures released in actual sets though. Basically for me if the option is there and it's not stupidly expensive, I take it, but I refuse to spend a month's worth of groceries on a single minifigure. Not yet at least.

Exactly. Even at $30-$50, customs made from genuine lego parts are too expensive for me to get to fill a collection. It’s just not an option. When there’s an official lego version, I’ll get it (again, if it’s not a multihundred dollar comic con exclusive).

The DC SDCC exclusive also got reveiled and guess what? NO EXCLUSIVE FIGURE! Why didn't they do this with the marvel set?! :wall:

Honestly, I think this is a good sign, there may be set yet to come with those figures. especially if they're making a point not to put an exclusive Batman in the other set it really doesn't make sense that they would make these exclusive.

4 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My problem arises from the immorality of buying a knockoff lego. Even if it's not a specific figure that lego made, it's:
A: a knockoff of both the lego figure design and the IP of the character, both of which are illegal to make almost everywhere but china because they protect the bootleg companies to profit off them.

B: still buying from a bootleg company, which I consider immoral for attempting to leech of actual creators and companies, but that's just my opinion. Stuff like actionflash's designs being stolen always makes me mad.

C: It's always a poorer quality. I have nothing against people buying CUSTOM figures, like the people that print characters we never got onto real lego, as that's real lego, but these knockoff companies make this out of the lowest-quality plastic they can.

So personally, I only use official figures or purist customs. I can't afford to spend $200+ on a Jean Grey figure either, but I can slap red hair and a jean grey-ish face on iron fist's body to make a good enough phoenix.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The DC SDCC exclusive also got reveiled and guess what? NO EXCLUSIVE FIGURE! Why didn't they do this with the marvel set?! :wall:

I don't get this either. At best, this is evidence that Carol's torso isn't exclusive. At worst, it means lego's holding marvel to a different standard and only giving us good sets as comic-con exclusives. I'm really confused as to why they do this. It can't be disney interference, as even the most cynical disney-haters would agree that if they wanted to maximize the money they squeezed out of the set they'd make it general release. Disney and lego don't get the money scalpers make off selling the SDCC sets at massive prices. Same goes for "lego's being greedy". When they do this, it makes people angrier with lego and less likely to buy they sets, and in some cases, as @Balrogofmorgoth and @shadefoundry have shown, drive people to buy the knockoffs instead. This lowers lego's revenue. And I actually went out and showed most of the children I know (between the ages of 7 and 12) images of the SDCC and general-release captain marvel sets, and most said the SDCC one was better. (The skrull was the only real factor against it, since captain marvel has no one to fight in the SDCC set.)* So this is really confusing me. Lego can't possibly have a terrible enough marketing and surveying group that they do this bad of a job at understanding that kids would also like this type of set, and there's no way they haven't heard us. That said, they haven't acknowledged their "any light color when printed on a torso/head comes out white" problem either. But they did stop regional exclusives, and gave some halfhearted tweet in response to the 501st battle pack campaign... lego makes no sense in regards to listening to fans. :damn:

6 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

It is fun to make your own though. Purist customs are a cool way to make characters by building them the Lego way.

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

It is fun to make your own though. Purist customs are a cool way to make characters by building them the Lego way.

They usually look nothing like the character though. For example, someone mentioned using the Iron Fist torso for Phoenix. I would not be satisfied with that, to me it just doesn’t work at all. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They usually look nothing like the character though. For example, someone mentioned using the Iron Fist torso for Phoenix. I would not be satisfied with that, to me it just doesn’t work at all. 

To me it's at least remotely accurate, and not immoral or feeding a company that would be illegal anywhere but china. This has global implications as well, with china, russia, etc, frequently at odds with the western world in places such as north korea and venezuela. This is part of the reason china protects these bootlegs of western products from prosecution, it keeps the products on shelves chinese-made. I'm not saying buying bootleg is some sort of unpatriotic thing, but you have to realize why lego/disney/etc haven't shut them down yet. I still don't get how people fail to see the immorality of it, but that's just my thoughts.

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Yeah I've made a good punisher with the crossbones torso, reaper trenchcoat/cape thing, black legs, etc. The amount of lego available, most humanoid figures can be made into lego pretty easily.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To me it's at least remotely accurate, and not immoral or feeding a company that would be illegal anywhere but china. This has global implications as well, with china, russia, etc, frequently at odds with the western world in places such as north korea and venezuela. This is part of the reason china protects these bootlegs of western products from prosecution, it keeps the products on shelves chinese-made. I'm not saying buying bootleg is some sort of unpatriotic thing, but you have to realize why lego/disney/etc haven't shut them down yet. I still don't get how people fail to see the immorality of it, but that's just my thoughts.

Yeah I've made a good punisher with the crossbones torso, reaper trenchcoat/cape thing, black legs, etc. The amount of lego available, most humanoid figures can be made into lego pretty easily.

I see your point of view, I just don’t see it as that big of a deal. Some people also think lego leaks are extremely immoral, but again, to me it’s just not a big deal. I will always support Lego where I can, but I’ll always put my own collection first.

For some odd reason Lego S@H has 40334 Avengers Tower as a GWP on the site (The Netherlands, but probably other countries too). The minimum spending has to be €75 on DISNEY sets (Toy Story, Marvel, Star Wars, etc) and if you buy for €10 more you also get the Spaceride GWP. 

11 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

For some odd reason Lego S@H has 40334 Avengers Tower as a GWP on the site (The Netherlands, but probably other countries too). The minimum spending has to be €75 on DISNEY sets (Toy Story, Marvel, Star Wars, etc) and if you buy for €10 more you also get the Spaceride GWP. 

Wait it's back? This might be time, seeing as I wanted to get some of those minifigure packs, FFH and the small toy story set.

18 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Yeah, I saw this ad in the Leicester Square Store yesterday. They had a stockpile of them behind the counter.

interesting that they’re revamping the promo. Maybe it’s just in time for the rerelease of Endgame, as the last promo was for Endgame’s initial release? Maybe it’s just getting rid of overstock.