Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Why won’t LEGO give us leg printing? It’s clearly a design choice, but I don’t follow what style they are going for - everything looks half finished.

Any ideas for suitable legs for Venom-Iron Man?

29 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Why won’t LEGO give us leg printing? It’s clearly a design choice, but I don’t follow what style they are going for - everything looks half finished.

latest?cb=20191020183704 maybe?

11 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hahahaha. I feel you bro. I feel you. Though I personally want to get Doc Ock set. 

In addition to that, I THINK Mysterio has a glow in the dark head. 

It does seem to be that way.  And yeah, the doc oc set is cool, though at this point I'm only really collecting marvel for iron man suits.

5 hours ago, ood0 said:

I don't love it. It's nice to get another Venom facial expression I guess, but I can't say I'm a fan of it, and the fact that the torso isn't fully venomised detracts from the look of the thing significantly.

That's probably my biggest gripe as well, makes it look a bit weird on display

32 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

venom's always had blank black legs. I would suggest the legs of the basic nexo knights goon figures, the one with the red torso pieces, "flame thrower", or whatever.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It does seem to be that way.  And yeah, the doc oc set is cool, though at this point I'm only really collecting marvel for iron man suits.

I don’t even count these new ones in my Hall of Armor anymore because they don’t have the flip-up helmet. I only count Rescue because its MCU and a different character. That said, I’ll still pick up the mech for the figure and I’ll try to pick this figure up too.

The figures such a random choice but it reminds me of the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows video game that I loved so I want it.

76162 one of the rumored black widow sets is $40 Canadian so it’s probably around $30 USD and is releasing in March 

76163 is rumored to be a Spider-Man and Venom set from Stonewars and it is also $40 Canadian so probably around $30 USD and is releasing in March 

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

76162 one of the rumored black widow sets is $40 Canadian so it’s probably around $30 USD and is releasing in March 

76163 is rumored to be a Spider-Man and Venom set from Stonewars and it is also $40 Canadian so probably around $30 USD and is releasing in March 

So is the Venomized Iron Man from that set and not a GWP? I can’t wait to see the Black Widow set! 

A close up picture of the 4+ Mysterio minifigure leaked, and he looks great. Any problem I had with the MCU minifigure (the overly busy design on the torso primarily) is fixed with this one. A little disappointing that the checkered printing doesn't continue on to the legs, it just looks incomplete without it. 

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Another spider-man and venom? They're leaning REALLY heavily into venom this year.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So is the Venomized Iron Man from that set and not a GWP? I can’t wait to see the Black Widow set! 

We don't know that yet, although it'd be nice.

After the breakout success of Venom in fall 2018, they must’ve ordered more Venom-centric products. Which would be fine if they were actually appealing after the first one, or at least unique. 

Edited by Aegis2000

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

So is there another Black Widow set or just 1? 

The second set number is rumored to be 76151. 

We're still looking at 2 Black Widow set(s)

After the success of 2018 Venom, it's kind of a smart move by Lego, but the thing is - we are getting a sequel to this movie in 2020. That may be the reason why Lego is making second Venom set in 2020

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After the success of 2018 Venom, it's kind of a smart move by Lego, but the thing is - we are getting a sequel to this movie in 2020. That may be the reason why Lego is making second Venom set in 2020

But, like, october 2020. January and March seem a bit far off from that, the trailer might not even be out yet.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But, like, october 2020. January and March seem a bit far off from that, the trailer might not even be out yet.

They always could release something Venom-related again in the summer...

37 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

They always could release something Venom-related again in the summer...

my point is that the january and march sets aren't indirect tie-ins to the film.

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

my point is that the january and march sets aren't indirect tie-ins to the film.

They don't have to. My point is that Venom is growing very popular, and with the movie's sequel marketing starting in February (that's when the first trailer for the first movie released), it's a smart move to release a set in March.

Only MCU movies this year are Eternals and Black Widow (which Lego can and will release seta for), so comic sets have to be somehow Venom related (this movie is gonna be popular, first on-screen Carnage is gonna draw people to the cinema).

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They don't have to. My point is that Venom is growing very popular, and with the movie's sequel marketing starting in February (that's when the first trailer for the first movie released), it's a smart move to release a set in March.

Only MCU movies this year are Eternals and Black Widow (which Lego can and will release seta for), so comic sets have to be somehow Venom related (this movie is gonna be popular, first on-screen Carnage is gonna draw people to the cinema).

Look at the bolded in your above comments, because it really did/does seem to make it sound like you were saying the venom set was because of the film sequel. 

The venom relation to the upcoming sets is due to the upcoming season of the spider man cartoon being about venomization, one only needs to see the costumes for anya corazon and venomized iron man to see that.

Furthermore, lego can't tie sets to non-mcu marvel sony films, ESPECIALLY not if they're rated R, as venom two has been rumored to be. This isn't some sort of weird extremely preemptive indirect tie-in to a possibly R-rated film, it's tying into a tv show, as lego often does. Almost every non-mcu set ever released has been indirectly or directly tying in to the spider-man and avengers television shows. 

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Almost every non-mcu set ever released has been indirectly or directly tying in to the spider-man and avengers television shows. 

True. 

latest?cb=20190826210327

34 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Look at the bolded in your above comments, because it really did/does seem to make it sound like you were saying the venom set was because of the film sequel. 

The venom relation to the upcoming sets is due to the upcoming season of the spider man cartoon being about venomization, one only needs to see the costumes for anya corazon and venomized iron man to see that.

Furthermore, lego can't tie sets to non-mcu marvel sony films, ESPECIALLY not if they're rated R, as venom two has been rumored to be. This isn't some sort of weird extremely preemptive indirect tie-in to a possibly R-rated film, it's tying into a tv show, as lego often does. Almost every non-mcu set ever released has been indirectly or directly tying in to the spider-man and avengers television shows. 

No, I'm just saying that Venom is popular, and he will be even more popular this year, so that may be the reason why Lego (instead of making something creative) made a set with another Venom mech and the same minifigure. It's business - when something is popular, you try to get the money.

The Iron-Venom figure looks great but I'm worried the set it comes in is going to suck. They haven't exactly impressed me with LEGO Marvel sets in awhile. 

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, I'm just saying that Venom is popular, and he will be even more popular this year, so that may be the reason why Lego (instead of making something creative) made a set with another Venom mech and the same minifigure. It's business - when something is popular, you try to get the money.

Look, your earlier statements aside, the sets are based on the upcoming season of the spider-man cartoon, ok? It's what lego commonly does with their spider-man theme. Just let it go.