Berthil

Alternative Diner

I like the design of the Diner, some nice techniques in there. But really don't like the turquoise and pink. So I replaced these colors with gray/black and changed the Diner characters. Now it has deserved a spot in my street with all modulars.

42504748124_b438a03344_c.jpg

42504745584_e189008e8c_c.jpg

The observant parts connaisseur may have noticed there are two modified bricks in here as they do not exist yet. I will replace them as soon as they drop out of a TLG molding machine.

Sorry not a fan of the change. The large arch no longer "pops" for mine and blends away in the street view. I would prefer another more contrasting colour if not the turquoise.

But if it floats your boat that is all that should matter to you.

PS i love your fully lit buildings.

Edited by Wookiee

That’s the best thing about LEGO, if it doesn’t work for you, you can change it ?

Impressive! It completely changes the atmosphere and feel of the building and fits in well for your scene of buildings. 

^ I agree with the whole change of atmosphere. This screams class to me. I can imagine a ball room in there.

Well done, I love it when people try different color schemes.

The Streamline Modern aesthetic of the Downtown Diner frequently uses colors that were neglected in previous architectural styles such as turquoise and pink.  

I agree with the diner feeling more classy in these colours. Could be a posh restaurant or venue indeed with a bit tweaking. It certainly doesn't looks out of place to me. Rather elegant and futuristic. This said, it could be easily converted into a building in the Star Wars universe as well. Coruscant-skyline.:classic:

Although I like the original dark tourquise and pink colorscheme, your color variation looks equally great. The side "jukebox" details looks better in black, and so does the red letters. However, I wouldnd mind more colors on the awning of the diners. It does look like an old 50's diner has been updated to a more modern look.

The turquoise definitely is very bright, but I feel like you went too far the other direction. Maybe try red, the classic jukebox color? Getting rid of nearly all color, the pink/blue plate combo is to represent neon lights, which were fairly prominent in diners, drabs it down too much. 

But, a part of me does like the change. It fits better with the Modulars, as they aren’t very bright. 

Edited by Vindicare

Interesting MOD, the Diner looks much more classy now. I'm however not totally convinced with the brick-built lettering, it looks a bit too pixelated to me but I can understand why you went smaller with it. By the way, your photos are incredible! :wub: 

On 7/18/2018 at 12:24 AM, LegoModularFan said:

I'm however not totally convinced with the brick-built lettering, it looks a bit too pixelated to me but I can understand why you went smaller with it.

With the availability of the new red half round 1x 1 tile it was now possible to make a new sign with rounder lettering.

48079899542_ca51e6afc1_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

I'm not a fan of the pink/turquoise combination myself, and will definately switch things up on my own diner once build. I never considered doing anything in black, but it looks really good and classy.