Anonknee Muss

DC Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Does anyone know if the GWP mini version of batmobile going to be available later on its own? I don't plan to purchase the huge set, but I really love the minifig version...

Edited by meliander
Grammar

Finally managed too, wow that was harder than it should have been

34 minutes ago, meliander said:

Does anyone know if the GWP mini version of batmobile going to be available later on its own? I don't plan to purchase the huge set, but I really love the minifig version...

I don’t believe so, but maybe they could modify it and sell it that way, but that’s just speculation on my part as I think it’d be a big seller.  Batman 89 was a big part of my childhood so I had to have them both

I'm only seeing "Coming Soon on November 29, 2019". Am I doing something wrong?

Ahhhh stupid me. I just realized it's because I'm in the United States.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Im surprised the CMFs havent been revealed at this point. Not even a teaser. 

Is the release date January or February ?

6 hours ago, meliander said:

Officially, no. But a lot of the GWPs do make a reappearance if they don't sell out. For example, the Avengers Tower recently reemerged.

36 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I assume Lego is leaving all its big announcements for after the Black Friday sales. I'd expect to see the new Modular announced next week and the CMFs shortly after.

I'd love if the GWP Batmobile didn't end up selling out and it would come back again at a later date, but I already know that's wishful thinking for me at this point. This GWP isn't like the Avengers Tower where it's just a (in my opinion, useless) minibuild, with the main incentive being a Tony Stark minifigure that is only specific for a single scene in Age of Ultron. This is a 100% movie accurate 1989 Batmobile that can fit a Batman minifigure AND is in minifig scale, something that I'm sure hordes of people have wanted Lego to officially make since the original Batman line back in 2006.

It'd be absolutely amazing if it came back, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being sold out by December 5th.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

9 hours ago, meliander said:

Only if it doesn't sell out now, other GWP's did make a return but only because lego still had them in stock

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

January, but it makes complete sense to reveal them after Black Friday so people don't start thinking ''I've got to start saving up for those, screw those Black Friday deals''

Edited by Guyon2002

All mention of the GWP mini batmobile has gone from UK page, looks like it sold out quick or wasn’t many to go around :( batmobile now on back order until 10th December as well 

Took me an hour to get my order in last night. The LEGO site was pitiful (to be kind). Think they would TRY building a better site to handle the Black Friday traffic. Oh well, just happy I was able to FINALLY order the Batmobile with the two freebies. Now how long will it take to ship? Happy Leftovers Day / Nap Day. 

Cat woke me up last night, so I took the opportunity to place an order for the Batmobile. Shipped already (w/ freebies), that was pretty fast!

Seeing how this isn't the first time S@H couldn't handle the amount of people on there I really wonder who thought releasing the Batmobile on Black Friday was a good idea. They really need a better site

Black Friday Haul

Was a successful day, we went a little early to the Lego store nearby and ended up 7th in A really long line. I did overhear one of the employees say they had 86 of these things in stock at that one store, so at least they anticipated the demand a bit, normally they stock like 3-5 of these big boys. 

On 11/28/2019 at 4:08 PM, meliander said:

That is extremely unlikely and unusual for LEGO to do that for a special GWP like the batmobile. If it was like the VIP Store GWP, from last year I think, then maybe. But in general, LEGO doesn't make GWP's available on there own, they'll always try to make us buy something to get it. But who knows, maybe they'll be available in the new VIP site (that works absolutely "perfectly" 24/7). 

My LEGO store sold out on the UCS Batmobile, but still have like around 50-60 of the batmobile GWP's leftover. 

How long does it usually take for things to ship? My order has been in warehouse since friday morning. Do items always arrive within 4 days?

26 minutes ago, RNRS001 said:

How long does it usually take for things to ship? My order has been in warehouse since friday morning. Do items always arrive within 4 days?

Mine too.

I would say due to the high demand. We should see it shipped out early in the coming week!

I mean Lego did improve there overall pick pack send lead time on Oz! 

I got my shipment this morning.

Took it easy today and build the Christmas Tree and Mini Batmobile.

Going to start on the big one tomorrow.

Edited by TheDeeGee

Just out of curiosity, how many members wanted to get both the UCS Batmobile and the GWP Batmobile this weekend but couldn't get the GWP because it was sold out? I had some trouble with the site accepting payment information but ended up going thru after repeated attempts by my wife and myself. We got both Batmobiles and the Christmas tree. I do like the UCS Batmobile but would have waited to buy for some time if it did not come with the other Batmobile.

31 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

Just out of curiosity, how many members wanted to get both the UCS Batmobile and the GWP Batmobile this weekend but couldn't get the GWP because it was sold out? I had some trouble with the site accepting payment information but ended up going thru after repeated attempts by my wife and myself. We got both Batmobiles and the Christmas tree. I do like the UCS Batmobile but would have waited to buy for some time if it did not come with the other Batmobile.

The math checked out for me- mini bm, tree, vip points vs eventually buying it at 20% off. Bm already selling for 70$, only going to get worse!